Windows 10: 2nd monitor "out of range" windows 10

Discus and support 2nd monitor "out of range" windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently connected an older monitor to my laptop using a HDMI to VGA Adapter. At first all worked fine. Now I am getting Out of Range on 2nd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TeresaDouglas, Jul 31, 2019.

1. 2nd monitor "out of range" windows 10

I recently connected an older monitor to my laptop using a HDMI to VGA Adapter. At first all worked fine. Now I am getting Out of Range on 2nd monitor screen. I have read many posts but most of he posts are several years old. Will purchasing a new HDMI monitor solve the problem or is this a Windows 10 problem?

:)

TeresaDouglas, Jul 31, 2019
  2. LynxRD Win User

2nd Monitor out of range

I have been using a 2nd monitor for a few months and out of no where my 2nd keeps displaying "out of range 60hz/67.4khz" (while also making my main laptop screen go black) every time i plug in my HDMI converter to VGA. Its a very old monitor that displays
    1366x768 (same as my laptop which I use it on). I have updated all my drivers and have search for a new windows update but it still displays the same thing. My display settings are the default refresh rate of 60hz and the default resolution of 1366x768.

If you have any suggestion on how to fix this please leave a comment. Thank you.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / PC Projection & Continuum]

LynxRD, Jul 31, 2019
  3. JD Meyer Win User
    Color Display on 2nd monitor

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a 2nd monitor which has been working fine. For some unknown reason I have suddenly lost the full color range on the 2nd monitor. I don't know if I have changed some setting by accident or what. I have tried
    resetting the defaults but that didn't change anything on the 2nd monitor. The primary screen on the laptop continues to work fine. Any suggestions what needs to be done to restore the full color range on monitor #2?

JD Meyer, Jul 31, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

2nd monitor "out of range" windows 10

Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range"

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

The error message Out of Range usually occurs when the video card feeds the monitor, a signal stream in excess from what the monitor can handle.

I suggest you to try the steps listed below and see if it works for you:

• Boot the computer in
      Safe Mode
      , and right click on the Desktop.
    • Select Display Properties and choose a lower resolution.
    • Reboot the machine and check if it works.
    • If the issue persists, boot the computer again in
      Safe Mode
      , and go to Display Properties.
    • Click on Advanced Display Settings, and choose
      Display Adapter properties.
    • Under Monitor tab, choose
      60 Hz
      as the Screen Refresh rate.
    • Apply the changes, boot the PC in normal mode to see if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

2nd monitor "out of range" windows 10

1. 2nd monitor "out of range" windows 10 - Similar Threads - 2nd monitor range

2. Monitor showing out of range .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor showing out of range .: Hello sir, I am using Asus monitor 22 inch . But when i am install windows i used dell small monitor. It's successfully installed. And running better . But the problem is when i am change my monitor asus After star my computer it shows out of range . And i cant go into safe...
  3. Monitor showing out of range .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor showing out of range .: Hello sir, I am using Asus monitor 22 inch . But when i am install windows i used dell small monitor. It's successfully installed. And running better . But the problem is when i am change my monitor asus After star my computer it shows out of range . And i cant go into safe...
  4. Monitor out of range

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor out of range: I use a dual monitor, one connected through HDMI with a 1920x1080 resolution and the other through a vga to displayport adapter, with a 1366x768 resolution.A few weeks back my adapter for the 2nd monitor stopped working so I bought a new one, the problem is that when I...
  5. Second monitor "out of range"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor "out of range": Hello, I'm trying to connect a second monitor to my laptop but when I plug the VGA cable my screen black and the second monitor displays "out of range". I'm using a VGA to HDMI conversion cable. The monitor says "no signal" when the cable isn't connected. I've already...
  6. "Out of range" Monitor

"Out of range" Monitor: Today, after 6 months of using my second monitor LG 27MK60TM-B with my ASUS ZenBook UX330UA-AH55, the LG monitor now reads "out of range." I connected my computer to a different monitor, and the picture is awful, but it works. I tried reinstalling the graphics card drivers,...
  7. Second monitor 'out of range'

Second monitor 'out of range': Hello, I have recently bought a second monitor for my homeoffice to use in a dual monitor set-up. When I connect the second monitor, it is recognised by Windows and set with the right frequency and resolution but the display says, 'out of range'. More information: The...
  8. TV/Monitor Out Of Range

TV/Monitor Out Of Range: One of my kids uses TV for monitor. TV has 2 video inputs HDMI or VGA. The output is on-board video of i5, Win 10. Everything was working fine for years until one day for whatever reason through right click I selected Display Settings and set something (I don't remember what...
  9. Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range"

Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range": I’m trying to do a dual monitor setup for my PC using a 4K TV and a 720p monitor (at least I think it’s a 720p). The Operating System is Windows 10 Pro. The graphics card being used is an Asus Nvidia GT 710 2Gb (bought just days ago). The connection for the main monitor...
  10. Windows 10 Install : Monitor out of range

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Install : Monitor out of range: Hey guys, I am trying to clean install windows 10. I already have windows 7 64 installed on my system. But when i try to boot from the USB Flash Drive the windows 10 logo shows up with the rotating dots and then the monitor displays the following message : "Out of range /...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. second monitor out of range

2. second monitor out of range windows 10

3. input signal out of range on second monitor

4. monitor out of range windows 10,
  5. 2nd monitor out of range,
  6. input signal out of range monitor fix,
  7. montor displays out of range,
  8. second monitor is out of range,
  9. 2nd monitor out of range windows 10,
  10. 2nd monitor shows out of range,
  11. second display is showing out of range,