Windows 10: 2nd monitor regularly cutting out during full screen games

Discus and support 2nd monitor regularly cutting out during full screen games in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; 1st monitor is a old 1080p Dell connected via DP 2nd monitor is a Samsung mu7000, 4k HDR, connected via HDMI Vid card is Nvidia 2080ti When playing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by keylimesoda, Apr 7, 2019.

1. 2nd monitor regularly cutting out during full screen games

1st monitor is a old 1080p Dell connected via DP
    2nd monitor is a Samsung mu7000, 4k HDR, connected via HDMI
    Vid card is Nvidia 2080ti

When playing a full screen HDR game, every 5-15 minutes the 2nd monitor goes black for a second, appears to be switching modes, screen goes very bright for a few seconds, then switches back to normal.

I've swapped cables, changed refresh rates, tried different ports, changed chroma subsampling, borderless windowed. Still reproes.

Only way I've found to stop the issue is to physically disconnect monitor #1. Hoping there's a better way?

:)

keylimesoda, Apr 7, 2019

2. ViewSonic Monitor cuts off the screen

My system is ViewSonic VA2037 Series; Monitor: Recommended Resolution - 1600x900; HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-p033w. My monitor doesn’t work as expected. It cuts off the screen
    when I go to the settings and set the Recommended resolution. I get the screen
    right and left sides cut off. This issue occurs especially when I play games like Overwatch and anything on Steam.

Leone lLadner, Apr 7, 2019
  3. JD Meyer Win User
    Color Display on 2nd monitor

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a 2nd monitor which has been working fine. For some unknown reason I have suddenly lost the full color range on the 2nd monitor. I don't know if I have changed some setting by accident or what. I have tried
    resetting the defaults but that didn't change anything on the 2nd monitor. The primary screen on the laptop continues to work fine. Any suggestions what needs to be done to restore the full color range on monitor #2?

JD Meyer, Apr 7, 2019
  4. roninrr2 Win User

2nd monitor regularly cutting out during full screen games

Cannot get non-connected 2nd Monitor screen moved to Laptop Screen?

This is kind of hard to explain in a Subject line.

I have a USB Docking station set up at home with 2 large monitors, keyboard, printers, etc. connected to the docking station -- all plugged into a Laptop, whose screen is also active. Works great - Window's magic, I guess. I also have several programs
    set up to come up (screen display) on the 2nd or 3rd Monitor screens when they are loaded.

My problem is, if (when) I just unplug the USB cable to the Docking station and take my Laptop over to a friends house, when I load one of the programs that comes up on one of my monitors, the program comes up and loads correctly (i.e. shows up on the taskbar
    as running) - but the display is someplace in outer space because the 2nd (or 3rd) monitor is not there.

And for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get the screen display (which the program apparently thinks is being correctly displayed on my 2nd monitor) moved over to my Laptop screen.

DETECT in the Settings\Display screen does not find any extra monitors (because they are not there) and the Extend and other options under the Windows-P Project option does not seem to help -- and many of the suggested fixes document steps involving options
    that are apparently for older versions of Windows because many of the steps don't match the options on my version of Windows, which is the very latest Windows 10 update.

Surely there must be a simple way to fix this, but I have spent oven an hour trying to figure it out.

[P.S. I finally got the screen from the 2nd monitor to display on my Laptop screen, BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I DID TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN.]

ron in round rock

roninrr2, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

2nd monitor regularly cutting out during full screen games

1. 2nd monitor regularly cutting out during full screen games - Similar Threads - 2nd monitor regularly

2. How to zoom out on 2nd monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to zoom out on 2nd monitor?: I found another thread for this, but none of the solutions work. changing the scale ONLY affect my Laptop screen. Aspect setting on the monitor are greyed out on ALL modes, so i cannot even change them if i wanted to. It works like normal on 2nd screen only and duplicate...
  3. How to zoom out on 2nd monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to zoom out on 2nd monitor?: I found another thread for this, but none of the solutions work. changing the scale ONLY affect my Laptop screen. Aspect setting on the monitor are greyed out on ALL modes, so i cannot even change them if i wanted to. It works like normal on 2nd screen only and duplicate...
  4. Second monitor blurs and cuts out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor blurs and cuts out: I keep having an issue with my 2nd monitor - when connected to my Dell laptop by HDMI it will randomly blur the entire secondary monitor and it freezes. So far the only 'solution' is unplugging the HDMI from my laptop and plugging it in again, but it does eventually blur,...
  5. Even in Full Screen Program, Mouse Wheel Scrolls 2nd Monitor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Even in Full Screen Program, Mouse Wheel Scrolls 2nd Monitor.: I just upgraded to Windows 10. I play Subnautica on my left monitor, full screened. If I move the mouse to the right for a while, the Windows mouse cursor is actually in my 2nd (right) monitor but I can't see it. If I move the mouse wheel up and down it still acts as it...
  6. 2nd monitor is greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd monitor is greyed out: Hello, I recently got a new 2nd monitor. Windows detects the monitor, as I can move my mouse to it, but nothing will display on the monitor, just a grey screen. I've tried a HDMI, DP cable, everything. I tried to use another monitor with my video card and the monitor worked...
  7. Move mouse pointer to 2nd monitor when in full-screen mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Move mouse pointer to 2nd monitor when in full-screen mode: I have dual monitors. Let's say I'm playing a game in full-screen on monitor 1. Is there a keyboard shortcut that let's me instantly move the mouse to monitor 2, without closing/minimising the game running in full-screen on monitor 1? Or "unlock" the mouse so that dragging...
  8. Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range": I’m trying to do a dual monitor setup for my PC using a 4K TV and a 720p monitor (at least I think it’s a 720p). The Operating System is Windows 10 Pro. The graphics card being used is an Asus Nvidia GT 710 2Gb (bought just days ago). The connection for the main monitor...
  9. BSOD Going full screen with Chrome on 2nd monitor, ddkmd.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Going full screen with Chrome on 2nd monitor, ddkmd.sys: So, whenever I goes full screen when watching youtube on Chrome with my secondary screen ( the screen that wasn't set as main display) , it crashes with BSOD, either "Page Fault in Non Paged Area" or "System Service Exception", ddkmd.sys. Every single time. I tired to switch...
  10. Wifi Cutting In And Out Very Regularly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Cutting In And Out Very Regularly: Hi guys - newbie here. I upgraded to Windows 10 recently, and I'm having a problem with my wifi. The signal isn't very strong in my room, and since upgrading, my laptop connects to the wifi for maybe a maximum of ten seconds before cutting out and searching for the network...