Windows 10: 2nd monitor stopped working

Discus and support 2nd monitor stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My 2nd monitor stopped working. Have updated drivers for display adapter and checked updates are current for windows 10 and still it refuses to work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamieEru, Nov 18, 2018.

1. JamieEru Win User

2nd monitor stopped working

My 2nd monitor stopped working. Have updated drivers for display adapter and checked updates are current for windows 10 and still it refuses to work.

I've uninstalled the graphics card and restarted the computer, also checked all the cables and turned everything off then on; but still no luck.

Please help...

:)

JamieEru, Nov 18, 2018

2. Windows 10 stopped detecting 2nd monitor

I've restarted the computer (several times), and it's not showing any signs of detecting the 2nd monitor.

Ever since it stopped working, there's only '1' Display option; clicking 'Detect' in Multiple displays results in the message
    "Didn't detect another display"; the Device Manager only lists one monitor (screenshot below); and it has stopped allowing me to select other projection modes unless I connect to the 2nd monitor wirelessly.

I'm using an HDMI cable for the 2nd monitor, and have tried both HDMI ports on the monitor unsuccessfully. The monitor models are Dell E2414H and LG 24J4840.

2nd monitor stopped working af424300-686f-4026-b2e7-f1ba3cdbde9a?upload=true.jpg

Save

ChayaCooper, Nov 18, 2018
  3. 2nd monitor has stopped working

My 2nd monitor has spontaneously stopped working after 6 months. It lights up perfectly when re-booting until the windows logo disappears, then it goes dark. It also comes back for a few seconds every
    time it wakes up from sleep mode. It is listed in device manager with no yellow triangle. It shows up in the "Screen Resolution" and in advanced settings it says it is working properly. I have swapped it out with another monitor and the same thing happens.
    I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 several months ago. I have an ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics card in an Asus computer. According to device manager, the drivers are up to date. Please help.

PaulamarieSD, Nov 18, 2018
  4. JD Meyer Win User

Color Display on 2nd monitor

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a 2nd monitor which has been working fine. For some unknown reason I have suddenly lost the full color range on the 2nd monitor. I don't know if I have changed some setting by accident or what. I have tried
    resetting the defaults but that didn't change anything on the 2nd monitor. The primary screen on the laptop continues to work fine. Any suggestions what needs to be done to restore the full color range on monitor #2?

JD Meyer, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

1. 2nd monitor stopped working - Similar Threads - 2nd monitor stopped

2. 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor not working: i got a second monitor and it was working fine for a while until i changed the refresh rate on one and now when i try to click extend these displays it doesn't work and only the one monitor stays on. the other monitor is still connected if i put it on only show on 2 the other...
  3. 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd monitor not working: i got a second monitor and it was working fine for a while until i changed the refresh rate on one and now when i try to click extend these displays it doesn't work and only the one monitor stays on. the other monitor is still connected if i put it on only show on 2 the other...
  4. 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor not working: My second monitor is not working. The power is lit but it stays in black screen. It works yesterday without any problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor-not-working/b75b9113-4c9f-404d-9f9b-fc5453a01957
  5. 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor not working: My second monitor is not working. The power is lit but it stays in black screen. It works yesterday without any problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor-not-working/b75b9113-4c9f-404d-9f9b-fc5453a01957
  6. 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor not working: So i recently bought my 2nd monitor and i tried to plug thr hfmi in my pc but it was just black screen then i switched my 1st monitor hdmi to the place where my 2nd monitor hdmi was and it was again just black screen. is my hdmi ports brocken or do i have to update drivers or...
  8. 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd monitor not working: So i recently bought my 2nd monitor and i tried to plug thr hfmi in my pc but it was just black screen then i switched my 1st monitor hdmi to the place where my 2nd monitor hdmi was and it was again just black screen. is my hdmi ports brocken or do i have to update drivers or...
  9. 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor not working: same problem as this one: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-color-profile-for-display-no-2/36bc39e4-20ad-45d1-a4a8-36593d4499e9but i cant find the driver for my monitor to download on dell website2nd monitor is U2212HMcplease help...
  10. 2nd monitor not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd monitor not working.: Hello, there! So, recently I got a 2nd monitor. Today I decided to set it up and all went as planned! My monitor turned on and went to my other monitors screen. Although, I cannot get it off my other monitors screen. They do the exact same thing and the 2nd one is...