Windows 10: 2nd Monitor usage causing audio oddity?

Discus and support 2nd Monitor usage causing audio oddity? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My issue is that ever since that I plugged in a 2nd monitor, my earbuds that I plug into the jack have been having issues where the audio doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jack L 88, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Jack L 88 Win User

2nd Monitor usage causing audio oddity?

My issue is that ever since that I plugged in a 2nd monitor, my earbuds that I plug into the jack have been having issues where the audio doesn't really seem to know which earbud to play on. Sometimes the stereo works as normal but more often than not both L and R audio will attempt to play out of my right earbud, and the constant switching between sort-of mono R and normal sound quality is very irritating. I have tried changing the audio balance but it doesn't do anything. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

:)

Jack L 88, Jul 23, 2019
  2. AnaVSQ Win User

2nd monitor audio

I have attached a TV as a 2nd monitor using HDMI, but I have no audio (video is fine), and I cannot find where to adjust this in Settings.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate]

AnaVSQ, Jul 23, 2019
  3. spapakons Win User
    USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

2nd Monitor usage causing audio oddity? [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Jul 23, 2019
  4. AnaVSQ Win User

2nd monitor audio

Okay, I have updated the driver, and now I can get audio on my TV/2nd monitor -- but ONLY if I choose it as the default -- in which case my speakers don't work. I understand that "Windows
    outputs sound to only one device at a time," but then why can't I choose which one I want by turning the devices on and off? The sound does NOT switch to the TV when I turn my speakers off.

AnaVSQ, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

1. 2nd Monitor usage causing audio oddity? - Similar Threads - 2nd Monitor usage

2. 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd Monitor: Hello Everyone!!I was wondering if someone can help!! I have 2 monitors and both of the are showing the exact same thing. When I go into settings and see if it can detect another screen it doesn't detect one. I have looked online and tried to find all possible ways to help me...
  3. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor: Im trying to connect my second display but it looks the same with the first one. I dont know much about the computer please assist me on this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor/9b57fa9a-4db5-41aa-b580-0905f559fca1
  4. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd monitor: Im trying to connect my second display but it looks the same with the first one. I dont know much about the computer please assist me on this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor/9b57fa9a-4db5-41aa-b580-0905f559fca1
  5. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor: I just setup my new monitor connected via HDMI however it is still not detected. I already updated the driver its just shows the same image on my screen. I tried to restart and loop the process and still the same. Please help me set up my second monitor....
  6. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor: I just setup my new monitor connected via HDMI however it is still not detected. I already updated the driver its just shows the same image on my screen. I tried to restart and loop the process and still the same. Please help me set up my second monitor....
  7. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor: I changed the monitor. After plugging the new monitor in, windows is detecting two monitors instead of one. What is wrong with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor/04d9385e-f70b-4c8c-8a52-ca6b95adef84
  8. Adding 2nd Monitor is causing PC to crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adding 2nd Monitor is causing PC to crash: I recently added a new monitor to my gaming PC set up, and now it occasionally will crash the entire PC. Could this be a power supply issue or something else?...
  9. 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd Monitor: [ATTACH] I’m running Window 10. I have just connected a 2nd monitor. My default monitor is Eizo CS2420 resolution and needs to remain 1900x1200. My 2nd monitor Dell U2412M is duplicating my default monitor however, the screen and icons are far too big and need to change the...
  10. 2nd Monitor, HDMI, Causing Crash BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2nd Monitor, HDMI, Causing Crash BSOD: When powering on 2nd monitor, a Sony flat screen, system crashes with BSOD and SYSTEM_THREAD_..... (atimdag.sys) error message. Using AMD's latest Win10 drivers, also tried the Beta release. No change. Uninstalled drivers and reinstalled. No change. ANy ideas? Radeon 5670...