Windows 10: 2nd Monitor went black; "Install new Device Driver"

Discus and support 2nd Monitor went black; "Install new Device Driver" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, How/where do I find the newest Driver for my AOC Monitor as part of my Dell Inspiron set-up ? Gary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gary_S_1943, Mar 9, 2019.

1. 2nd Monitor went black; "Install new Device Driver"

Hello,

How/where do I find the newest Driver for my AOC Monitor as part of my Dell Inspiron set-up ?

Gary

:)

Gary_S_1943, Mar 9, 2019

2. NEW Windows 10 install, not recognizing 2nd Monitor or setting correct resolution

I just installed a Windows 10 (Creator's Edition) on a NEW SSD to my HP xw4600 Workstation. Below are the problems I'm experiencing:

• The OS hasn't recognized the fact I have 2 monitors.
      • From Display Settings the Detect function can't
        find the 2nd monitor
      • Both monitors show same content

From the Device Manager I've removed Device and now it is showing Generic PnP Monitor
    as Working Properly.

Additionally, neither screen is displaying at the proper resolution. Dell U2211H (1920 x 1080).

• Display Settings has the screen set to 1024 x 768
    • The highest avaiable option is 1280 x 1024
    • Advanced Display Settings is not listed as an option
    • Cannot extend the desktop
    • Windows + P indicates Your PC cannot project another PC try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card

The current card installed is a ATI FirePro V5600. After visiting the manufacturers website and not finding a driver listed for this card for Win10 I found a tool to remove the device, its driver, and all associated registry entries to let
    Windows install it's Display Adapter which the Device Manager is now indicating is
    Working Properly.

None of the steps of taken thus far has had a positive effect. I'm at a loss...what do I need to do to correct these issues?

Thank you.

MichaelRubens, Mar 9, 2019
  3. 2nd Monitor suddenly not working

Hi Michael,

If you recently updated from one version of Windows to another, it's possible that the current driver is for the previous version of Windows. For us to troubleshoot your monitor issue, we suggest performing these steps:

• Run the troubleshooter for devices and hardware. The troubleshooter will perform a diagnostic process on your system that will check and resolve issues related to
      using your device.
    • Update your monitor and display driver. To update a driver, refer to this
      link
      . If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try checking for one on your device manufacturer's website.

Get back to us with the result.

Lov Dollente, Mar 9, 2019
  4. 2nd Monitor went black; "Install new Device Driver"

2nd screen black after upgrade 12/11/15?

Hi

I have a new AIO plus a 2nd monitor. After the upgrade on 12/11/15 I now have a dual screen display with only half visible, as the 2nd monitor is black. I tried restarting the computer, but made no difference. The only info I am finding suggests having to
    reinstall the display driver, which seems rather drastic for a new computer. Any ideas? I work from home and the dual monitor is essential to my work.

SueMarshall, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

2nd Monitor went black; "Install new Device Driver"

1. 2nd Monitor went black; "Install new Device Driver" - Similar Threads - 2nd Monitor went

2. my monitor went to black and white after installng its driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my monitor went to black and white after installng its driver: i have a monitor from AOC that only ran in 60 hz due to a lack of drivers. i tried the same hdmi cable on another pc and monitor with drivers and i got 120 hz, which is the limit of that laptop. i tried it on another pc which i know to support 144 hz and it worked. my acer...
  3. my monitor went to black and white after installng its driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my monitor went to black and white after installng its driver: i have a monitor from AOC that only ran in 60 hz due to a lack of drivers. i tried the same hdmi cable on another pc and monitor with drivers and i got 120 hz, which is the limit of that laptop. i tried it on another pc which i know to support 144 hz and it worked. my acer...
  4. my monitor went to black and white after installng its driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor

Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor: Hello to whoever's reading thisI have a second screen that I use for both my desktop and my gaming console via an HDMI switch, but whenever I switch between the gaming console both from and to the desktop the main screen I use that is connected through DisplayPort turns black...
  6. Monitors went black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitors went black: When trying to setup an external steering wheel for a game, I exited the steam software and all of my monitors went black. I still have power to the pc and everything connected to the pc, just the display wont show on my monitors. I tried switching the display cords from the...
  7. Task View black on 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task View black on 2nd monitor: I have a dual monitor set up. When I use Task View, it looks fine on my main monitor but on my 2nd monitor it's black and the program windows are black too. I can still see the name and the outlines of the windows on the 2nd monitor on Task View but they're all black. I've...
  8. install a 2nd monitor

install a 2nd monitor: Hi all I havew a windows 10 lap top and am trying to install a 2nd monitor HP w2072a this is via a VGA TO HDMI despite looking and completing updates on window s and driver updates my lap top does not discover the 2nd monitor please help...
  9. trouble installing 2nd monitor

trouble installing 2nd monitor: I am having trouble installing 2nd monitor. As soon as i connect to computer, all open windows in the main screen are minimized and frozen, so i cant go to dsiplay settings...
  10. After installing drivers my screen went black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After installing drivers my screen went black: The issue appeared after Windows update and installation of Intel HD610 drivers. I tried to download a game and received flickers and the screen went black. After that I did a lot: rebooted the system, started in safe mode, performed a clean boot, removed the Intel drivers...