Windows 10: 2nd monitor wont display telework screens

Discus and support 2nd monitor wont display telework screens in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; work upgrade to Microsoft2016 and now my second monitor won't display my telework desktop, ive tried going into control panel and "finding" the monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by newphiegirl, Aug 9, 2018.

1. 2nd monitor wont display telework screens

work upgrade to Microsoft2016 and now my second monitor won't display my telework desktop, ive tried going into control panel and "finding" the monitor and it won't even detect it, but when I open screens on the second monitor, I can pull them to m first monitor

:)

newphiegirl, Aug 9, 2018
  2. AJSKappa Win User

2nd Monitor.

I recently bought a 2nd monitor and I connected it to my PC but there is a problem. The problem is that windows 10 has detected it and I have extended my display but my 2nd monitor wont display anything it just stays black. Can someone help me please.

AJSKappa, Aug 9, 2018
  3. JD Meyer Win User
    Color Display on 2nd monitor

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a 2nd monitor which has been working fine. For some unknown reason I have suddenly lost the full color range on the 2nd monitor. I don't know if I have changed some setting by accident or what. I have tried
    resetting the defaults but that didn't change anything on the 2nd monitor. The primary screen on the laptop continues to work fine. Any suggestions what needs to be done to restore the full color range on monitor #2?

JD Meyer, Aug 9, 2018
  4. roninrr2 Win User

2nd monitor wont display telework screens

Cannot get non-connected 2nd Monitor screen moved to Laptop Screen?

This is kind of hard to explain in a Subject line.

I have a USB Docking station set up at home with 2 large monitors, keyboard, printers, etc. connected to the docking station -- all plugged into a Laptop, whose screen is also active. Works great - Window's magic, I guess. I also have several programs
    set up to come up (screen display) on the 2nd or 3rd Monitor screens when they are loaded.

My problem is, if (when) I just unplug the USB cable to the Docking station and take my Laptop over to a friends house, when I load one of the programs that comes up on one of my monitors, the program comes up and loads correctly (i.e. shows up on the taskbar
    as running) - but the display is someplace in outer space because the 2nd (or 3rd) monitor is not there.

And for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get the screen display (which the program apparently thinks is being correctly displayed on my 2nd monitor) moved over to my Laptop screen.

DETECT in the Settings\Display screen does not find any extra monitors (because they are not there) and the Extend and other options under the Windows-P Project option does not seem to help -- and many of the suggested fixes document steps involving options
    that are apparently for older versions of Windows because many of the steps don't match the options on my version of Windows, which is the very latest Windows 10 update.

Surely there must be a simple way to fix this, but I have spent oven an hour trying to figure it out.

[P.S. I finally got the screen from the 2nd monitor to display on my Laptop screen, BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I DID TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN.]

ron in round rock

roninrr2, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

2nd monitor wont display telework screens

1. 2nd monitor wont display telework screens - Similar Threads - 2nd monitor wont

2. Windows wont detect 2nd monitor ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wont detect 2nd monitor ?: I have 5 machines that are identical in specs. One of the machines detects and picks up my 2nd monitor no issue, however the other machines wont detect it. I've tried all the basic troubleshooting, its not the cable, projection settings, the drivers are the same, etc... The...
  3. Windows wont detect 2nd monitor ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows wont detect 2nd monitor ?: I have 5 machines that are identical in specs. One of the machines detects and picks up my 2nd monitor no issue, however the other machines wont detect it. I've tried all the basic troubleshooting, its not the cable, projection settings, the drivers are the same, etc... The...
  4. Windows wont detect 2nd monitor ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 2nd monitor displaying but not being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor displaying but not being detected: I have Windows 11 and have just installed a 2nd monitor. It is displaying the taskbar and wallpaper, but isn't being detected. AMD Radeon graphics, have checked for latest drivers for graphics and for both monitors, all up to date. Have also checked for updates and there was...
  6. 2nd monitor displaying but not being detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor displaying but not being detected: I have Windows 11 and have just installed a 2nd monitor. It is displaying the taskbar and wallpaper, but isn't being detected. AMD Radeon graphics, have checked for latest drivers for graphics and for both monitors, all up to date. Have also checked for updates and there was...
  7. 2nd monitor not displaying?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2nd monitor not displaying?: Windows 10 home fully up to date, 32 gig of ram 6 cores Wasn't sure where to post this problem as it could be caused by a number of things? Anyway, I use a dual monitor display connected to a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 super graphics card, the card is only 2 months old and...
  8. 2nd monitor not displaying?

in Windows 10 Support
    2nd monitor not displaying?: Windows 10 home fully up to date, 32 gig of ram 6 cores Wasn't sure where to post this problem as it could be caused by a number of things? Anyway, I use a dual monitor display connected to a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 super graphics card, the card is only 2 months old and...
  9. 2nd monitor display issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd monitor display issue: I just recently updated Windows 10 and am unable to use my second monitor connected via an HDMI cable. This was working fine prior to the upgrade. I can use the PC only mode or the Second screen only mode, but not extend or duplicate....
  10. 2nd display monitor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2nd display monitor: how do a separate display monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-display-monitor/09d4b72e-1bb8-4645-8a67-76c0240bbd03"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what happen to second monitor when teleworking