Windows 10: 2nd monitor won't wake - settings default to that screen

Discus and support 2nd monitor won't wake - settings default to that screen in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Looking for help figuring out how to wake up my second monitor. After upgrading to a new Dell OptiPlex 3060 and Windows 10, I cannot seem to get my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by justinf, Sep 14, 2018.

1. justinf Win User

2nd monitor won't wake - settings default to that screen

Looking for help figuring out how to wake up my second monitor. After upgrading to a new Dell OptiPlex 3060 and Windows 10, I cannot seem to get my second monitor up and running, but all of my open windows go there when I connect it. To complicate matters, when I open display settings on my primary screen, it always opens the window on the second screen, which is completely black.

Are there any mechanisms to force the settings screen to open on "display 1?"

Could it be a driver issue? If so, what should I do? (The monitor is an HP cwa)

:)

justinf, Sep 14, 2018

2. 2nd monitor 'missing' on wake after sleep

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand when the computer wakes up from sleep second monitor is now waking up. We will help you to resolve the issue.

This issue might be to corrupted power settings.

To diagnose and fix this issue, try the following methods.

Method 1: Power troubleshooter.

I would suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press the ‘Windows + W’ key on the keyboard.
    • Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press Enter.
    • Select Troubleshooting. Click on
      and select Power.
    • Click next and follow the on-screen instructions.
    If the issue still persist follow the below method.

Method 2: Restore Power Option Settings.

I would suggest you to restore default settings of power plan and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + w, and select the option
      Control Panel
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change advanced power settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 14, 2018
  3. JD Meyer Win User
    Color Display on 2nd monitor

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a 2nd monitor which has been working fine. For some unknown reason I have suddenly lost the full color range on the 2nd monitor. I don't know if I have changed some setting by accident or what. I have tried
    resetting the defaults but that didn't change anything on the 2nd monitor. The primary screen on the laptop continues to work fine. Any suggestions what needs to be done to restore the full color range on monitor #2?

JD Meyer, Sep 14, 2018
  4. 2nd monitor won't wake - settings default to that screen

my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

2nd monitor won't wake - settings default to that screen

1. 2nd monitor won't wake - settings default to that screen - Similar Threads - 2nd monitor won't

2. Monitor won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't wake from sleep: Split from this thread. After 23H2 update, my monitor won't wake when the PC does, it takes about 2-3 minutes after a few beeps.The BIOS for the MSIB560M-A PRO MB is uptodate and the latest drivers for the Geforce 750Ti are installed and yet the problem persists.Noticed power...
  3. 2nd monitor set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor set up: When attempting to connect 2nd monitor to pc running a hdmi cable from 2nd monitor to a dvi/hdmi adapter on computer I lose video display on the 1st monitor? How can this be fixed?Thank you.pm...
  4. 2nd monitor set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor set up: When attempting to connect 2nd monitor to pc running a hdmi cable from 2nd monitor to a dvi/hdmi adapter on computer I lose video display on the 1st monitor? How can this be fixed?Thank you.pm...
  5. 2nd screen malfunction on dual monitor set up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd screen malfunction on dual monitor set up.: After I leave my computer inactive but still on I lose access to one of my screens. I have a dual monitor set up and one just goes black. When I shut my computer off and turn it back on one the monitor is black and not working. However, the 2nd monitor starts to work...
  6. 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd Monitor: [ATTACH] I’m running Window 10. I have just connected a 2nd monitor. My default monitor is Eizo CS2420 resolution and needs to remain 1900x1200. My 2nd monitor Dell U2412M is duplicating my default monitor however, the screen and icons are far too big and need to change the...
  7. Monitor won't wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor won't wake up: Recently, I began to experience an issue where if the computer goes into sleep mode, I cannot get the monitor to wake up without restarting the whole system. I've tried multiple monitors, but they have the same issue. Also, it does not matter which connection I use, HDMI,...
  8. Mouse/cursor won't travel to 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse/cursor won't travel to 2nd monitor: I have Windows 10 on my laptop. I plugged in a large 2nd monitor to my laptop. Now, the mouse won't go to the 2nd monitor and that is the place that is showing the display options. So, I can't make any changes. The mouse cursor will only work on my laptop screen. How do I...
  9. 2nd monitor won't wake - settings default to that screen

in Windows 10 Support
    2nd monitor won't wake - settings default to that screen: Looking for help figuring out how to wake up my second monitor. After upgrading to a new Dell OptiPlex 3060 and Windows 10, I cannot seem to get my second monitor up and running, but all of my open windows go there when I connect it. To complicate matters, when I open display...
  10. 2nd monitor slow to wake up.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2nd monitor slow to wake up.: Lenovo B50 with W10. After a recent upgrade (a forced windows upgrade) this problem began. Not a W10 install but a periodic Windows upgrade. Prior to the upgrade there were no issues. I have dual monitors and the #2 monitor takes 5+ minutes to wake up. It does this both...