Windows 10: 2nd Monitor

Discus and support 2nd Monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I’m running Window 10. I have just connected a 2nd monitor. My default monitor is Eizo CS2420 resolution and needs to remain 1900x1200. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnMcNaughton1, Dec 4, 2019.

1. 2nd Monitor

2nd Monitor 36e097ff-f842-4a98-9a50-09efba693b40?upload=true.jpg
    I’m running Window 10. I have just connected a 2nd monitor. My default monitor is Eizo CS2420 resolution and needs to remain 1900x1200.

My 2nd monitor Dell U2412M is duplicating my default monitor however, the screen and icons are far too big and need to change the resolution for the 2nd screen. I have gone into Display Settings clicked on the 2nd screen but the icon for changing resolution is faded out and can’t change settings for resolution. When I click on Detect it come up in red ‘Didn’t detect another display’

:)

JohnMcNaughton1, Dec 4, 2019
  2. JD Meyer Win User

Color Display on 2nd monitor

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a 2nd monitor which has been working fine. For some unknown reason I have suddenly lost the full color range on the 2nd monitor. I don't know if I have changed some setting by accident or what. I have tried
    resetting the defaults but that didn't change anything on the 2nd monitor. The primary screen on the laptop continues to work fine. Any suggestions what needs to be done to restore the full color range on monitor #2?

JD Meyer, Dec 4, 2019
  3. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Dec 4, 2019
  4. 2nd Monitor

The 2nd monitor is not appearing in the control panel

Original; Title: dual monitor problem

Have just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. In Windows 7 my dual monitor set up worked perfectly but now both screens are identical (duplicated) with everything exactly the same on both. The 2nd monitor is not appearing in the control panel at all
    and any help to solve this would be appreciated.

I have disconnected the 2nd monitor and tried most things suggested on the forums but no change is the result.

stevesutcliffe, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

2nd Monitor

1. 2nd Monitor - Similar Threads - 2nd Monitor

2. my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games: also to wake up the 2nd monitor i have to go to display and click anything and then revert after i closed the gamethis just happened yesterday...
  3. my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games: also to wake up the 2nd monitor i have to go to display and click anything and then revert after i closed the gamethis just happened yesterday...
  4. 2nd Monitor resolution is 640*480 and won't let me change it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd Monitor resolution is 640*480 and won't let me change it: I have a second monitor that was working perfectly fine last week, and now it is extremely zoomed in and won't let me change the display settings as it is greyed out. I run AMD Radeon, have uninstalled, reinstalled new device drivers, updated to windows 11, reset to windows...
  5. 2nd Monitor resolution is 640*480 and won't let me change it

2nd Monitor resolution is 640*480 and won't let me change it: I have a second monitor that was working perfectly fine last week, and now it is extremely zoomed in and won't let me change the display settings as it is greyed out. I run AMD Radeon, have uninstalled, reinstalled new device drivers, updated to windows 11, reset to windows...
  6. My 2nd monitor shows the same thing as my 1st monitor, what do i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 2nd monitor shows the same thing as my 1st monitor, what do i do?: When ever i shut off my pc because it freezes my 2nd monitor shows the same screen as my main monitor, it doesn't detect it either, what do i do?...
  7. My 2nd monitor shows the same thing as my 1st monitor, what do i do?

My 2nd monitor shows the same thing as my 1st monitor, what do i do?: When ever i shut off my pc because it freezes my 2nd monitor shows the same screen as my main monitor, it doesn't detect it either, what do i do?...
  8. 2nd monitor not dectected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor not dectected: Had to hook 1 monitor with HDMI to HDMI and the 2nd monitor HDMI to monitor and VGA to computer and the 2nd monitor will not detect it's self. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor-not-dectected/f31554a9-36bb-4e9c-90fe-70ec44eb2a0b
  9. 2nd monitor not dectected

2nd monitor not dectected: Had to hook 1 monitor with HDMI to HDMI and the 2nd monitor HDMI to monitor and VGA to computer and the 2nd monitor will not detect it's self. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor-not-dectected/f31554a9-36bb-4e9c-90fe-70ec44eb2a0b
  10. PDF icons duplicated in Win 11 taskbar when dragged to a 2nd monitor

PDF icons duplicated in Win 11 taskbar when dragged to a 2nd monitor: I have two monitors and have set Win 11's taskbar ton only show the open files on that monitor's screen, and to NOT group/stack icons. which works fine except with PDFs. For those, I unchecked a box in Acrobat's "Preferences" called "Open documents as new tabs in the same...