Windows 10: 2nd monitor

Discus and support 2nd monitor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just setup my new monitor connected via HDMI however it is still not detected. I already updated the driver its just shows the same image on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Daandrei, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Daandrei Win User

2nd monitor

I just setup my new monitor connected via HDMI however it is still not detected. I already updated the driver its just shows the same image on my screen. I tried to restart and loop the process and still the same. Please help me set up my second monitor.

:)

Daandrei, Aug 11, 2022
  2. JD Meyer Win User

Color Display on 2nd monitor

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a 2nd monitor which has been working fine. For some unknown reason I have suddenly lost the full color range on the 2nd monitor. I don't know if I have changed some setting by accident or what. I have tried
    resetting the defaults but that didn't change anything on the 2nd monitor. The primary screen on the laptop continues to work fine. Any suggestions what needs to be done to restore the full color range on monitor #2?

JD Meyer, Aug 11, 2022
  3. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Aug 11, 2022
  4. 2nd monitor

2nd Monitor

Hi

Thank you for helping me. When it is on duplicated both monitors have same resolution, however, the 2nd monitor the text is unreadable and screen blurred. If on extended my default monitor is fine but the 2nd monitor goes off and my laptop screen comes on.
    I wish to have both default and second monitor displaying at the same time. As it is the 2nd monitor drop down resolution is showing 800x600 and is faded out and unable to change it.

JohnMcNaughton1, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

2nd monitor

1. 2nd monitor - Similar Threads - 2nd monitor

2. 2nd Monitor resolution is 640*480 and won't let me change it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd Monitor resolution is 640*480 and won't let me change it: I have a second monitor that was working perfectly fine last week, and now it is extremely zoomed in and won't let me change the display settings as it is greyed out. I run AMD Radeon, have uninstalled, reinstalled new device drivers, updated to windows 11, reset to windows...
  3. 2nd Monitor resolution is 640*480 and won't let me change it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd Monitor resolution is 640*480 and won't let me change it: I have a second monitor that was working perfectly fine last week, and now it is extremely zoomed in and won't let me change the display settings as it is greyed out. I run AMD Radeon, have uninstalled, reinstalled new device drivers, updated to windows 11, reset to windows...
  4. My 2nd monitor shows the same thing as my 1st monitor, what do i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 2nd monitor shows the same thing as my 1st monitor, what do i do?: When ever i shut off my pc because it freezes my 2nd monitor shows the same screen as my main monitor, it doesn't detect it either, what do i do?...
  5. My 2nd monitor shows the same thing as my 1st monitor, what do i do?

My 2nd monitor shows the same thing as my 1st monitor, what do i do?: When ever i shut off my pc because it freezes my 2nd monitor shows the same screen as my main monitor, it doesn't detect it either, what do i do?...
  6. 2nd monitor not dectected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor not dectected: Had to hook 1 monitor with HDMI to HDMI and the 2nd monitor HDMI to monitor and VGA to computer and the 2nd monitor will not detect it's self. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor-not-dectected/f31554a9-36bb-4e9c-90fe-70ec44eb2a0b
  7. 2nd monitor not dectected

2nd monitor not dectected: Had to hook 1 monitor with HDMI to HDMI and the 2nd monitor HDMI to monitor and VGA to computer and the 2nd monitor will not detect it's self. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor-not-dectected/f31554a9-36bb-4e9c-90fe-70ec44eb2a0b
  8. PDF icons duplicated in Win 11 taskbar when dragged to a 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF icons duplicated in Win 11 taskbar when dragged to a 2nd monitor: I have two monitors and have set Win 11's taskbar ton only show the open files on that monitor's screen, and to NOT group/stack icons. which works fine except with PDFs. For those, I unchecked a box in Acrobat's "Preferences" called "Open documents as new tabs in the same...
  9. PDF icons duplicated in Win 11 taskbar when dragged to a 2nd monitor

PDF icons duplicated in Win 11 taskbar when dragged to a 2nd monitor: I have two monitors and have set Win 11's taskbar ton only show the open files on that monitor's screen, and to NOT group/stack icons. which works fine except with PDFs. For those, I unchecked a box in Acrobat's "Preferences" called "Open documents as new tabs in the same...
  10. both monitors are on but my pc doesnt detect the 2nd i have both screens duplicated

both monitors are on but my pc doesnt detect the 2nd i have both screens duplicated: i have got a hdmi splitter for my pc in the hopes to extend my display. both displays are connected and working but they are only duplicated. i went into display settings to change it but i couldnt and when i click detect the pc is unable to detect the 2nd monitor even though...