Windows 10: 2nd Monitor

Discus and support 2nd Monitor in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello Everyone!!I was wondering if someone can help!! I have 2 monitors and both of the are showing the exact same thing. When I go into settings and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KB_Jagger, Jan 16, 2023.

1. KB_Jagger Win User

2nd Monitor

Hello Everyone!!I was wondering if someone can help!! I have 2 monitors and both of the are showing the exact same thing. When I go into settings and see if it can detect another screen it doesn't detect one. I have looked online and tried to find all possible ways to help me find a way to detect my 2nd screen I just don't know what to do

:)

KB_Jagger, Jan 16, 2023
  2. JD Meyer Win User

Color Display on 2nd monitor

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a 2nd monitor which has been working fine. For some unknown reason I have suddenly lost the full color range on the 2nd monitor. I don't know if I have changed some setting by accident or what. I have tried
    resetting the defaults but that didn't change anything on the 2nd monitor. The primary screen on the laptop continues to work fine. Any suggestions what needs to be done to restore the full color range on monitor #2?

JD Meyer, Jan 16, 2023
  3. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

Windows help & learning

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jan 16, 2023
  4. 2nd Monitor

2nd Monitor

Hi

Thank you for helping me. When it is on duplicated both monitors have same resolution, however, the 2nd monitor the text is unreadable and screen blurred. If on extended my default monitor is fine but the 2nd monitor goes off and my laptop screen comes on.
    I wish to have both default and second monitor displaying at the same time. As it is the 2nd monitor drop down resolution is showing 800x600 and is faded out and unable to change it.

JohnMcNaughton1, Jan 16, 2023
Thema:

2nd Monitor

1. 2nd Monitor - Similar Threads - 2nd Monitor

2. 2nd monitor is recognized by not registering.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor is recognized by not registering.: In 'Display', the 2nd monitor is showing in the icon but does not register to which type of monitor it is. The 2nd monitor automatically goes into standby mode. Requires sometimes 2 - 4 laptop restarts before the monitor registers....
  3. 2nd monitor is recognized by not registering.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor is recognized by not registering.: In 'Display', the 2nd monitor is showing in the icon but does not register to which type of monitor it is. The 2nd monitor automatically goes into standby mode. Requires sometimes 2 - 4 laptop restarts before the monitor registers....
  4. 2nd monitor is recognized by not registering.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 2nd monitor turning off after few minutes saying no cignal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor turning off after few minutes saying no cignal: I am using Acer Aspire 3 A315-24p Amd Ryzen 5,I connected a 2nd monitor due to laptop lcd screem broken, 2nd monitor works but after a few minutes it is turning off saying no cignal, and I have to restart everytime it happens. I tried everthing I could do but it won't fix.Can...
  6. 2nd monitor turning off after few minutes saying no cignal

2nd monitor turning off after few minutes saying no cignal: I am using Acer Aspire 3 A315-24p Amd Ryzen 5,I connected a 2nd monitor due to laptop lcd screem broken, 2nd monitor works but after a few minutes it is turning off saying no cignal, and I have to restart everytime it happens. I tried everthing I could do but it won't fix.Can...
  7. Open apps on my 2nd monitor can't be selected on Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open apps on my 2nd monitor can't be selected on Windows 11.: I use a monitor and a TV for dual displays. When I extend my displays to show on both, the apps on the extended display can't be selected. The windows are open, but I can't drag them or interact with them in any way unless I minimize them and maximize them. Even then, I can...
  8. Open apps on my 2nd monitor can't be selected on Windows 11.

Open apps on my 2nd monitor can't be selected on Windows 11.: I use a monitor and a TV for dual displays. When I extend my displays to show on both, the apps on the extended display can't be selected. The windows are open, but I can't drag them or interact with them in any way unless I minimize them and maximize them. Even then, I can...
  9. Can't find driver for Insignia USB 3.0 HDMI adapter for 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find driver for Insignia USB 3.0 HDMI adapter for 2nd monitor: I'm operating on 8.1 OS and directions to install driver manually are for 10 OS. Any suggestions of finding a driver that will work with my older OS? Thanks so much!...
  10. Can't find driver for Insignia USB 3.0 HDMI adapter for 2nd monitor

Can't find driver for Insignia USB 3.0 HDMI adapter for 2nd monitor: I'm operating on 8.1 OS and directions to install driver manually are for 10 OS. Any suggestions of finding a driver that will work with my older OS? Thanks so much!...