Windows 10: 2nd Montior

Discus and support 2nd Montior in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop is Acer Predator helios 300. I have connected my laptop to another PC's monitor.I have been trying to add second screen to it but i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BhavaniShankar2, Jan 9, 2021.

1. 2nd Montior

My laptop is Acer Predator helios 300. I have connected my laptop to another PC's monitor.I have been trying to add second screen to it but i couldnt.It was showing didnt detect another display.I have tried updating/roll back/disable & enbale for Display Drivers in Device Manager but still no chance.Please help.Even the Identify and Customize option are missing from top of my Display Page.

:)

BhavaniShankar2, Jan 9, 2021

2. 2nd Montior (VGA) detected but always blank

I am having trouble getting my second monitor to work. This system has been working with 1 monitor just fine. I dug up an older HP VGA monitor to add on and the system detects the monitor just fine, but nothing appears on it.

The HP monitor works fine when I connect it using the same cable to my wife's laptop.

I configured Windows to DUPLICATE the monitors (for now). I have searched for solutions and find others with similar issues, but no solutions that seem to apply to my situation.

Thank you for any advice you can give!!

Here are some screen shots that might help:

Device Manger Detects Both Monitors:

2nd Montior [​IMG]

Windows Detects Both Monitors In Graphics Settings:

2nd Montior [​IMG]

AMD Control Center Sees Both Monitors

2nd Montior [​IMG]

Windows Version #: 1909 (Build 18363.752)

- - - Updated - - -

Just one more detail...The HP monitor seems to be detecting a signal because the Check Video Cable message goes away and it indicates that it is set to 1600 x 900 - 60Hz

JackInBrooklyn, Jan 9, 2021
  3. 2nd Montior (VGA) detected but always blank

Good catch!. Unfortunately, that did not change anything.

2nd Montior [​IMG]

JackInBrooklyn, Jan 9, 2021
  4. badrobot Win User

2nd Montior

2nd Montior (VGA) detected but always blank

Some older system requires you to disable the integrated video output on your motherboard (in BIOS) to enable multi-display on GPU.
    I am not sure if it is the same with your motherboard but you might want to look around and check if you have that option to disable integrated video output on your mobo if it has one.

Edit.
    This is what I have on my older machine:

2nd Montior [​IMG]

badrobot, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

2nd Montior

1. 2nd Montior - Similar Threads - 2nd Montior

2. 2nd Gen Zune wont connect to my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd Gen Zune wont connect to my pc: My Zune 2nd gen is not working with my pc, it will make the usb connect sound then a few seconds later the usb disconnect sound happens, ive tried every usb port and updating my drivers, i tried it on my old laptop and it worked COMPLETLEY fine other than it being slow cause...
  3. 2nd Gen Zune wont connect to my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd Gen Zune wont connect to my pc: My Zune 2nd gen is not working with my pc, it will make the usb connect sound then a few seconds later the usb disconnect sound happens, ive tried every usb port and updating my drivers, i tried it on my old laptop and it worked COMPLETLEY fine other than it being slow cause...
  4. How can I get rid of an unknown 2nd admin account on my login page?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get rid of an unknown 2nd admin account on my login page?: My PC power up login screen shows two admins, but only one shows up in my account to change or administer. The other I cannot login or reset password. When I use cmd and enter net user only one admin account comes up which is mine. The other one that shows on my login screen...
  5. How can I get rid of an unknown 2nd admin account on my login page?

How can I get rid of an unknown 2nd admin account on my login page?: My PC power up login screen shows two admins, but only one shows up in my account to change or administer. The other I cannot login or reset password. When I use cmd and enter net user only one admin account comes up which is mine. The other one that shows on my login screen...
  6. my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games

my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games: also to wake up the 2nd monitor i have to go to display and click anything and then revert after i closed the gamethis just happened yesterday...
  7. my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games: also to wake up the 2nd monitor i have to go to display and click anything and then revert after i closed the gamethis just happened yesterday...
  8. 2nd Monitor resolution is 640*480 and won't let me change it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd Monitor resolution is 640*480 and won't let me change it: I have a second monitor that was working perfectly fine last week, and now it is extremely zoomed in and won't let me change the display settings as it is greyed out. I run AMD Radeon, have uninstalled, reinstalled new device drivers, updated to windows 11, reset to windows...
  9. 2nd Monitor resolution is 640*480 and won't let me change it

2nd Monitor resolution is 640*480 and won't let me change it: I have a second monitor that was working perfectly fine last week, and now it is extremely zoomed in and won't let me change the display settings as it is greyed out. I run AMD Radeon, have uninstalled, reinstalled new device drivers, updated to windows 11, reset to windows...
  10. 2nd Montior (VGA) detected but always blank

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2nd Montior (VGA) detected but always blank: I am having trouble getting my second monitor to work. This system has been working with 1 monitor just fine. I dug up an older HP VGA monitor to add on and the system detects the monitor just fine, but nothing appears on it. The HP monitor works fine when I connect it using...