Windows 10: 2nd question regarding last update that messed up my computer

Discus and support 2nd question regarding last update that messed up my computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On 8/4/19, my PC uploaded 3 updates that all had to do with my on screen keyboard. Siince that time my commputer has been typppiing douuble... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SusanKeirns, Aug 31, 2019.

1. 2nd question regarding last update that messed up my computer

On 8/4/19, my PC uploaded 3 updates that all had to do with my on screen keyboard. Siince that time my commputer has been typppiing douuble (uncorrected) . So I wrote to you and did as you said but it did not work. I see the culprit on event viewer as a "keyboard update" on 8/4 but it is no longer there to uninstall so I am unable to try it again.. Anyway, how do I fix this problem?

Sue Keirns Mulero

:)

SusanKeirns, Aug 31, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond 2nd question regarding last update that messed up my computer :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Jerry T Win User
    Questions regarding sysprep and capture in MDT

I have a question regarding the sysprep and capture function in MDT 2013.

I have done a sysprep & capture on a Windows 10x64 machine with software and drivers included using MDT.

So the next step I did was to deploy the captured .iso file onto a new machine which had the usual configuration steps including setting up the computer name, timezone and keyboard layout etc and everything was start up fine and all the software and drivers were also configured & installed properly.

However, the issue is that machine's SID and computer name were completely the same as the one I ran the sysprep & capture on. Was this supposed to be like this? Because I did some research and a sysprep is supposed to change the SID as it is treated as a new machine. Also, I did configure a new computer name for the machine during the deployment setup but I have no idea why its the same name as the other machine.
    I would appreciate any answers given. Thank you.

Jerry T, Aug 31, 2019
  4. 2nd question regarding last update that messed up my computer

Windowa 10 Updates

Yes, it is an ongoing issue for months without a well known fix TBH. Microsoft is releasing Anniversary update for Windows 10 on 2nd August, that would be a major update to windows 10.

I would suggest you doing that manually using an ISO which would serve two purposes:

• Would make your system up to date.
    • Correct your windows update issue also.
    You can drop me a message in this thread on 2nd, I would provide the links and steps for repair Install through an ISO. (ISO isn't released yet)

Let me know if there are any questions.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

2nd question regarding last update that messed up my computer

1. 2nd question regarding last update that messed up my computer - Similar Threads - 2nd question regarding

2. A further question regarding the question - was my computer hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A further question regarding the question - was my computer hacked?: Some of the following information/activity was asked by me in an earlier question. This is an update.I believe my computer was hacked which resulted in fraudulent activity with my accounts with two major retailers. It started with finding 27 items in my recycle bin that I...
  3. Update messed my computer up!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update messed my computer up!: A couple of weeks ago windows did an update. When it did it made the whole system run extremely slow and sluggish. I did the trouble shooter thing and now I can not get to my pictures ,settings, email, microsoft store, pretty much everything. I right click on the start button...
  4. Update messed my computer up!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update messed my computer up!: A couple of weeks ago windows did an update. When it did it made the whole system run extremely slow and sluggish. I did the trouble shooter thing and now I can not get to my pictures ,settings, email, microsoft store, pretty much everything. I right click on the start button...
  5. windows update messes up my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update messes up my computer: Hello,I accidentally hit update and shutdown, and it messes up my computer. My computer keeps shutting down automatically without me knowing why, earlier it restarted 5x in an hour and I'm not happy with it so I revert the upsares, but it won't help. I suddenly realize that...
  6. Update messed up my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update messed up my computer: After the latest update I woke up to find All but three Desktop icons and all my start menu Icons had disappeared,along with numerous programmes and apps not working, I spent a couple of days trying to rectify the problems, got one or two apps to work, then uninstalled the...
  7. Windows update messed up my computer

Windows update messed up my computer: I updated my computer 12-24-19 and ever since that update i am unable to drag windows such as a google chrome window from one screen to another with my mouse, i cant drag and move the applications on my desktop. I have checked all my drivers, ive cleaned ip my pc, I dont have...
  8. Last Update Messed Up My Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Last Update Messed Up My Computer: I'm just fed up with dealing with these things and thought I'd pose a question here. Everything was fine until the last Windows 10 update. Now: - My computer wakes up literally every night unless I shut it down every time - When I get up in the morning and it has...
  9. windows update messed up my computer

windows update messed up my computer: Windows 10 Home, version 1903, installed 7/19/2019, OS build 18362.239 Lost my video display settings and had to re-install video driver. Lost my audio settings (headphones, external audio amplifier). Took my about an hour to get it thanks to guidance from internet. Can...
  10. update messed up my computer

update messed up my computer: I cannot describe with simple words how much I hate Windows 10, this last updated messed up my computer AGAIN to a degree my whole desktop Disappeared, all my pin apps are not any where I can find, It crashes and restart out of the blue when I am in the middle of call and...