Windows 10: 2nd Screen connected through VGA and USB-C not working

Discus and support 2nd Screen connected through VGA and USB-C not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm running Windows 10 on a fairly new Lenovo P1 Gen 3 computer dec 2020. My graphical card is IntelR UHD Graphics and the driver version is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by niconeimo88, Feb 10, 2021.

1. 2nd Screen connected through VGA and USB-C not working

Hi,

I'm running Windows 10 on a fairly new Lenovo P1 Gen 3 computer dec 2020.
    My graphical card is IntelR UHD Graphics and the driver version is 27.20.100.8729.

I'm trying to connect a new screen : DELL E2220H which unfortunately only has VGA and DPI inputs.

I've connected the screen to my laptop using a usb-c to VGA adaptator but it is not working.

I have

- checked that the screen is working when connected to other laptops I tried with a older Lenovo machine and a MacBook Pro. They both worked.

- downloaded and installed the Screen driver provided by Dell at dell/E2220H and then restarted my laptop

- not been able to roll back the graphical card option is not available

- uninstalled the graphical card and restarted my laptop

- try to upgrade my graphical card but it says it is the latest version

Any help with this nightmare ?

:)

niconeimo88, Feb 10, 2021

2. USB-C to VGA not working

My laptop (asus Vivobook 15) does not have a VGA outlet and my monitor only has VGA cable. I bought a USB-C mobile dock with both HDMI and VGA outlet, and the HDMI outlet works but the VGA does not detect any monitor. It's supposed to be plug and play
    (no driver installation needed). What might be the issue?

Adrian Viliesid, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Grosseda Win User
    USB-C to VGA not working "No Signal Through PC"

Hi Lee, many thanks for your prompt response. You're obviously very technical, whereas I am not, sadly.

I am only trying to display on one external device. I have no need for multiple external displays, so I don't really want to go to the expense of a multi-output hub.

I also don't understand why, if my USB-C to VGA adapter doesn't work, you are suggesting a USB-C dock would?

Are you also suggesting that a HDMI to VGA adapter wouldn't work either?

Sorry to be a pain, but these issues fry my brain! 2nd Screen connected through VGA and USB-C not working :)

Thanks.

Grosseda, Feb 10, 2021
  4. 2nd Screen connected through VGA and USB-C not working

USB-C to VGA not working

I would ask Kensington if that dock has the required adapter to covert VGA to a digital signal readable by USB-C. It's too expensive for it not to.

https://www.kensington.com/p/products/connectiv...

If not they may have a product that does this required function they'll replace it with. Let them know we're waiting to hear in Microsoft's forums (the world's largest).

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

2nd Screen connected through VGA and USB-C not working

1. 2nd Screen connected through VGA and USB-C not working - Similar Threads - 2nd Screen connected

2. USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working: My USB to HDMI was working - I used a adapter and it worked fine and now its not working I have purchased three different USB C to see if was due to that and it's not. none of them work. Every single one gives me the same message 'Display connection might be limited' This was...
  3. USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working: My USB to HDMI was working - I used a adapter and it worked fine and now its not working I have purchased three different USB C to see if was due to that and it's not. none of them work. Every single one gives me the same message 'Display connection might be limited' This was...
  4. USB-C adaptor for VGA monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB-C adaptor for VGA monitor: Hello, I have a Lenovo Yoga 530-14IKB i5 running Windows 10 which I want to hook up to two external monitors both quite old and with VGA connectivity - specifically, an HP LE2201w and a Samsung SyncMaster 225UW. The laptop only has one HDMI output so I've been getting...
  5. usb-c to vga cable

usb-c to vga cable: The USB - C to VGA cable isn't working - no display on monitor ? I bought this because the description said I didn't need to download a driver? can you help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-c-to-vga-cable/d86e7ac4-ef56-423b-aa50-e72fc929ef4a
  6. Microsoft USB-C to VGA Adapter

Microsoft USB-C to VGA Adapter: I needed a second monitor to work from home. Grabbed a monitor from work to use with my HP laptop. I bought a Microsoft USB-C to VGA adapter. I have connected it but it isn't showing under Devices in Settings. I have done all the troubleshooting from Microsoft and read on...
  7. USB-C to VGA not working "No Signal Through PC"

USB-C to VGA not working "No Signal Through PC": Hi there, I have a HP Pavilion 14-ce3501na Laptop which I need to connect to a Finlux 22F6030S TV. The TV's support manual advises to connect to a PC via VGA rather than HDMI as some radio interference could occur. So, I purchased a StarTech.com CDP2VGASA 1920x1200 USB-C to...
  8. VGA to USB C hub;

in Windows 10 Customization
    VGA to USB C hub;: I purchased a Seiko USB 3.0 HUB AND VGA DIESPLAY AND MONITOR ISN'T SHOWING GOOD RESOLUTIONS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vga-to-usb-c-hub/96de9c39-df3d-4f48-b2d7-2881dcc75f72
  9. USB-C to VGA not working

USB-C to VGA not working: My laptop (asus Vivobook 15) does not have a VGA outlet and my monitor only has VGA cable. I bought a USB-C mobile dock with both HDMI and VGA outlet, and the HDMI outlet works but the VGA does not detect any monitor. It's supposed to be plug and play (no driver installation...
  10. Ethernet through USB C not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet through USB C not working: I have a Dell Vostro 7590 (Brand new computer) and have Windows 10 and Drivers through Dell support assist fully up to date as of the time of writing this. I installed ethernet in my office yesterday and last night when I was half way done, I connected my computer to...