Windows 10: 2nd screen malfunction on dual monitor set up.

Discus and support 2nd screen malfunction on dual monitor set up. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After I leave my computer inactive but still on I lose access to one of my screens. I have a dual monitor set up and one just goes black. When I shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Blue Dolphin MM, Jan 24, 2020.

1. 2nd screen malfunction on dual monitor set up.

After I leave my computer inactive but still on I lose access to one of my screens. I have a dual monitor set up and one just goes black. When I shut my computer off and turn it back on one the monitor is black and not working. However, the 2nd monitor starts to work again if I restart my computer. It does not work when I turn on my computer from the shut off position. It only works when I do a restart. Any suggestions on what to do would be greatly appreciated?

:)

Blue Dolphin MM, Jan 24, 2020

2. The 2nd monitor is not appearing in the control panel

Original; Title: dual monitor problem

Have just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. In Windows 7 my dual monitor set up worked perfectly but now both screens are identical (duplicated) with everything exactly the same on both. The 2nd monitor is not appearing in the control panel at all
    and any help to solve this would be appreciated.

I have disconnected the 2nd monitor and tried most things suggested on the forums but no change is the result.

stevesutcliffe, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Dual Monitor set-up: 2nd monitor not being detected

I have a dual monitor system. The second monitor is NOT being detected in my settings. I have tried to resolve this issue by restarting, altering properties, and ensuring the drive is up-to-date (all to no avail). Any suggestions?

(My monitors are not the same type - one is an HP LE1901wi, the other is HP L1901, if this makes any difference).

MelissaDeGroff-Davis, Jan 24, 2020
  4. KK9489 Win User

2nd screen malfunction on dual monitor set up.

Dual Monitor set up

I bought another monitor so I could have dual monitors. When I hooked up the 2nd monitor to my computer, I now have two screens that are the same, how can I fix this?

KK9489, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

2nd screen malfunction on dual monitor set up.

1. 2nd screen malfunction on dual monitor set up. - Similar Threads - 2nd screen malfunction

2. Setting up dual monitors on brand new computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Setting up dual monitors on brand new computer: I recently upgraded my desktop computer and am having trouble setting up dual monitors. Both of the monitors are Dell models but one is new (uses HDMI) and the other is a few years old (uses VGA). I am using a display port adapter that both monitors are plugged into but...
  3. Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range": I’m trying to do a dual monitor setup for my PC using a 4K TV and a 720p monitor (at least I think it’s a 720p). The Operating System is Windows 10 Pro. The graphics card being used is an Asus Nvidia GT 710 2Gb (bought just days ago). The connection for the main monitor...
  4. Dual monitor set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual monitor set up: I have my second monitor connected to my lap top. it's dell latitude e6400 and I was running it in windows 7 and everything was fine but I had to upgrade to win 10 cause of my work and now suddenly win 10 can't detect my second monitor. it's connected via VGA cable. I've...
  5. Dual monitor set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual monitor set up: I have two monitors set up and I was messing with the display and then I ended up pressing the make this my main display button. It changed some settings but I figured it was fine. Then when I tried to use fullscreen on any app on one display and went to the other to do...
  6. 2nd monitor won't wake - settings default to that screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2nd monitor won't wake - settings default to that screen: Looking for help figuring out how to wake up my second monitor. After upgrading to a new Dell OptiPlex 3060 and Windows 10, I cannot seem to get my second monitor up and running, but all of my open windows go there when I connect it. To complicate matters, when I open display...
  7. 2nd monitor won't wake - settings default to that screen

in Windows 10 Support
    2nd monitor won't wake - settings default to that screen: Looking for help figuring out how to wake up my second monitor. After upgrading to a new Dell OptiPlex 3060 and Windows 10, I cannot seem to get my second monitor up and running, but all of my open windows go there when I connect it. To complicate matters, when I open display...
  8. 2 Monitor up with Laptop - cutoff 2nd Monitor

2 Monitor up with Laptop - cutoff 2nd Monitor: Hi, I have a new set-up with my laptop and 2 monitors/screens. I have managed to get everything working although the right monito is cut-off where I can only see half the taskbar. The view on my laptop is fine, although I keep it closed and just use the two monitors. Both...
  9. 2nd monitor slow to wake up.

2nd monitor slow to wake up.: Lenovo B50 with W10. After a recent upgrade (a forced windows upgrade) this problem began. Not a W10 install but a periodic Windows upgrade. Prior to the upgrade there were no issues. I have dual monitors and the #2 monitor takes 5+ minutes to wake up. It does this both...
  10. Dual Monitors, unplug and plug back in, icons shift to 2nd monitor

Dual Monitors, unplug and plug back in, icons shift to 2nd monitor: I am having a rather large issue with Windows 10. For some reason when I plug in my HDMI for my 2nd monitor all of the icons and the taskbar immediately shift to that monitor. This is because I have it set as the "primary" monitor, but I want the taskbar and icons to stay...