Windows 10: 2nd screen malfunction on dual monitor set up.

Discus and support 2nd screen malfunction on dual monitor set up. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After I leave my computer inactive but still on I lose access to one of my screens. I have a dual monitor set up and one just goes black. When I shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Blue Dolphin MM, Jan 24, 2020.

1. 2nd screen malfunction on dual monitor set up.

After I leave my computer inactive but still on I lose access to one of my screens. I have a dual monitor set up and one just goes black. When I shut my computer off and turn it back on one the monitor is black and not working. However, the 2nd monitor starts to work again if I restart my computer. It does not work when I turn on my computer from the shut off position. It only works when I do a restart. Any suggestions on what to do would be greatly appreciated?

:)

Blue Dolphin MM, Jan 24, 2020

2. The 2nd monitor is not appearing in the control panel

Original; Title: dual monitor problem

Have just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. In Windows 7 my dual monitor set up worked perfectly but now both screens are identical (duplicated) with everything exactly the same on both. The 2nd monitor is not appearing in the control panel at all
    and any help to solve this would be appreciated.

I have disconnected the 2nd monitor and tried most things suggested on the forums but no change is the result.

stevesutcliffe, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Dual Monitor set-up: 2nd monitor not being detected

I have a dual monitor system. The second monitor is NOT being detected in my settings. I have tried to resolve this issue by restarting, altering properties, and ensuring the drive is up-to-date (all to no avail). Any suggestions?

(My monitors are not the same type - one is an HP LE1901wi, the other is HP L1901, if this makes any difference).

MelissaDeGroff-Davis, Jan 24, 2020
  4. KK9489 Win User

2nd screen malfunction on dual monitor set up.

Dual Monitor set up

I bought another monitor so I could have dual monitors. When I hooked up the 2nd monitor to my computer, I now have two screens that are the same, how can I fix this?

KK9489, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

2nd screen malfunction on dual monitor set up.

1. 2nd screen malfunction on dual monitor set up. - Similar Threads - 2nd screen malfunction

2. 2nd monitor set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor set up: When attempting to connect 2nd monitor to pc running a hdmi cable from 2nd monitor to a dvi/hdmi adapter on computer I lose video display on the 1st monitor? How can this be fixed?Thank you.pm...
  3. 2nd monitor set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor set up: When attempting to connect 2nd monitor to pc running a hdmi cable from 2nd monitor to a dvi/hdmi adapter on computer I lose video display on the 1st monitor? How can this be fixed?Thank you.pm...
  4. Dual Monitors Set up

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitors Set up: Hi All, HI hope someone could help me with this and explain to me what to do in the easy way. I have HP computer with windows 10 Version 1909( 18363.1440) . I used 2 monitors one Dell ( plugged via HDMI) and one Samsung (connected via VDI) and this set up worked for me just...
  5. dual monitor set up troubles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitor set up troubles: im setting up a dual monitor that connects to my gaming laptop which only has 1 HDMI port. i bought an adaptor for the second HDMI port, and when i connect either display separately they work properly. however when i plug both of them in at the same time itll work for just a...
  6. Dual monitor set up / both monitors displaying same screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual monitor set up / both monitors displaying same screen: Hello, I recently purchased a new desktop set up with two monitors. I have set everything up and now that everything is turned on both monitors are displaying the same exact same screen. Any window I open appears on both monitors and the mouse cursor appears and moves the...
  7. Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.

Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.: How do I set dual backgrounds on two different monitors? When I go to personalize and right click on the background picture option where it says "Choose your picture" to set to a specific monitor it gives me three options: Set for all monitors, Set for monitor 2, and Set for...
  8. Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range": I’m trying to do a dual monitor setup for my PC using a 4K TV and a 720p monitor (at least I think it’s a 720p). The Operating System is Windows 10 Pro. The graphics card being used is an Asus Nvidia GT 710 2Gb (bought just days ago). The connection for the main monitor...
  9. Dual monitor set up

Dual monitor set up: I have my second monitor connected to my lap top. it's dell latitude e6400 and I was running it in windows 7 and everything was fine but I had to upgrade to win 10 cause of my work and now suddenly win 10 can't detect my second monitor. it's connected via VGA cable. I've...
  10. Dual monitor set up

Dual monitor set up: I have two monitors set up and I was messing with the display and then I ended up pressing the make this my main display button. It changed some settings but I figured it was fine. Then when I tried to use fullscreen on any app on one display and went to the other to do...