Windows 10: 2nd screen on laptop

Discus and support 2nd screen on laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a asus zephryus rog laptop with windows 10, gtx 1660 ti card and I like using my 32" TV as a 2nd screen via hdmi from time to time. My issue is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by joshhop41, Apr 30, 2020.

1. joshhop41 Win User

2nd screen on laptop

I have a asus zephryus rog laptop with windows 10, gtx 1660 ti card and I like using my 32" TV as a 2nd screen via hdmi from time to time. My issue is that sometimes it projects onto the tv screen perfectly, and other times it only shows up in 640x480 resolution. I have searched the web and forums for days trying to find a fix, and nothing I do changes it when its only showing in 640x480. If anyone could offer any advice to fixing this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

:)

joshhop41, Apr 30, 2020

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Apr 30, 2020
  3. N-Gen Win User
    Looking for help with laptop screen

It's quite easy to replace a screen, try to find a disassembly guide for the specific model of laptop so you have a step by step indication of where to take screws out and what clips to unclip. There might be some youtube videos as well. Always make sure the replacement screen is compatible as there can be different connectors.

N-Gen, Apr 30, 2020
  4. roninrr2 Win User

2nd screen on laptop

Cannot get non-connected 2nd Monitor screen moved to Laptop Screen?

This is kind of hard to explain in a Subject line.

I have a USB Docking station set up at home with 2 large monitors, keyboard, printers, etc. connected to the docking station -- all plugged into a Laptop, whose screen is also active. Works great - Window's magic, I guess. I also have several programs
    set up to come up (screen display) on the 2nd or 3rd Monitor screens when they are loaded.

My problem is, if (when) I just unplug the USB cable to the Docking station and take my Laptop over to a friends house, when I load one of the programs that comes up on one of my monitors, the program comes up and loads correctly (i.e. shows up on the taskbar
    as running) - but the display is someplace in outer space because the 2nd (or 3rd) monitor is not there.

And for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get the screen display (which the program apparently thinks is being correctly displayed on my 2nd monitor) moved over to my Laptop screen.

DETECT in the Settings\Display screen does not find any extra monitors (because they are not there) and the Extend and other options under the Windows-P Project option does not seem to help -- and many of the suggested fixes document steps involving options
    that are apparently for older versions of Windows because many of the steps don't match the options on my version of Windows, which is the very latest Windows 10 update.

Surely there must be a simple way to fix this, but I have spent oven an hour trying to figure it out.

[P.S. I finally got the screen from the 2nd monitor to display on my Laptop screen, BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I DID TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN.]

ron in round rock

roninrr2, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

2nd screen on laptop

1. 2nd screen on laptop - Similar Threads - 2nd screen laptop

2. Extending Monitors to 2nd and 3rd Screen while laptop screen off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extending Monitors to 2nd and 3rd Screen while laptop screen off: I have a laptop and 2 external screens. how do I set the display such that I can close the main laptop screen screen 1 and only use the 2 external screens screen 2 and 3?...
  3. Extending Monitors to 2nd and 3rd Screen while laptop screen off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extending Monitors to 2nd and 3rd Screen while laptop screen off: I have a laptop and 2 external screens. how do I set the display such that I can close the main laptop screen screen 1 and only use the 2 external screens screen 2 and 3?...
  4. 2nd screen not showing anything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd screen not showing anything: Was working fine but then the electricity dropped and now when it doesnt show anything, just a black screen.There is power, i can see that it does pick it up on the display setting the 2nd screen but nothing is showing....
  5. Notifications on 2nd screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications on 2nd screen: My WFH setup is a 13" laptop with touch screen connected to a 27" Dell monitor no touch input. I have made the external display my "main display" because I am a heavy multitasker and the much wider taskbar makes this easier however it would be much easier if notifications...
  6. Adding a 2nd OS to my Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding a 2nd OS to my Laptop: I have an HP Probook 450 G1 and run a 64 bit W10. My Hard Disc "C" was 450 GB but I resized it to 300 GB via Paragon Manager and created a new 150 GB partition "F" which is "Unallocated". It is my intention to run my old 32 bit W 7 OS on partition "F" but when I try to...
  7. Adding a 2nd OS to my Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding a 2nd OS to my Laptop: I have an HP Probook 450 G1 and run a 64 bit W10. My Hard Disc "C" was 450 GB but I resized it to 300 GB via Paragon Manager and created a new 150 GB partition "F" which is "Unallocated". It is my intention to run my old 32 bit W 7 OS on partition "F" but when I try to...
  8. Duplicated enlarged window in the 2nd screen?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Duplicated enlarged window in the 2nd screen?: Hello, everyone, I wanted to ask if it is possible to see a window on the 1st screen in the 2nd screen in enlarged form. It can be a Windows function or run over a third party, everything is fine with me. Concrete situation: I'm playing osu! on a surface with a mouse and...
  9. Password Reset Disk - 2nd Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password Reset Disk - 2nd Laptop: Can I create a password reset disk for my secondary Windows 10 computer? I only used a PIN to login for this laptop and forgot that local account passwords. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-reset-disk-2nd-laptop/3033870a-9042-41a2-9435-197055d69498
  10. 2nd screen stuck on "out of range" setting when using 2nd screen only

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2nd screen stuck on "out of range" setting when using 2nd screen only: I was working on adjusting the resolution of my second external screen with the laptop main screen off. So when I have the second screen running and the laptop screen off I can only see the error "out of range 75-60 hz". I can see the second screen when duplicating or...