Windows 10: 2nd screen only detected after a restart every day

Discus and support 2nd screen only detected after a restart every day in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i have 2 screen plugged in my computer and every time i'm starting my computer ,only the first one is displaying, the 2nd screen won't display even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lior4, Jul 14, 2020.

1. /u/Lior4 Win User

2nd screen only detected after a restart every day

So i have 2 screen plugged in my computer and every time i'm starting my computer ,only the first one is displaying, the 2nd screen won't display even after trying to detect him or replugging it. Only after restarting the computer both screens are displaying and everything work perfectly. So if someone know how to fix it i'll be happy to know it ! Thx

submitted by /u/Lior4
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lior4, Jul 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 14, 2020
  3. koorosh Win User
    Motherboard can't detect new graphics card

Well one step ahead*Big Grin 2nd screen only detected after a restart every day :D
    After a long testing the card is now detects by the bios after some restarts. It successfully boots windows and I installed the drivers too. The problem is still when the system boots/restarts it restarts several times to show post screen.

koorosh, Jul 14, 2020
  4. jimhoyle Win User

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

1. 2nd screen only detected after a restart every day - Similar Threads - 2nd screen detected

2. Blue screens every day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screens every day: Hello!My laptop has blue screens every day. I checked the dump file in WinDbg and get this information, but I'm not an expert on the subject. Help me locate the source of the error.************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories...
  3. Blue screens every day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screens every day: Hello!My laptop has blue screens every day. I checked the dump file in WinDbg and get this information, but I'm not an expert on the subject. Help me locate the source of the error.************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories...
  4. 2nd Monitor Not Detecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd Monitor Not Detecting: Hello I was messing around with display in order to try and configure my computer. I was unsuccessful. In the process of this my 2nd display decetion does not work. What does work are all the settings and the display itself. However, the detection is the sole thing does not...
  5. Not detecting 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not detecting 2nd monitor: My pc was working perfectly fine last night then I turned it on right now and only one monitor has came on. I've looked at all the display port cables and they're all fine. I'm on the latest windows update and I have the latest drivers for my graphics card. I am once again...
  6. Not detecting 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not detecting 2nd monitor: My pc was working perfectly fine last night then I turned it on right now and only one monitor has came on. I've looked at all the display port cables and they're all fine. I'm on the latest windows update and I have the latest drivers for my graphics card. I am once again...
  7. 2nd monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2nd monitor not detected: Hey guys, I'm having issues with windows 10 and a second monitor. I finally decided to try a dual monitor system for the first time ever and I can't seem to connect the second monitor. I've went to display settings but nothing is detected when I hit the detect button. I've...
  8. PC restarts with blue screen every day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC restarts with blue screen every day: I have done windows re install still same issue continues i don't know what to do anymore. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000041792, 0xfffff18000338050, 0x0000800000000000, 0x0000000000000000 thats what i find in event...
  9. Blue screens nearly every day after the update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screens nearly every day after the update: Will this shit ever stop? I don't remember a single time an update came by that didn't destabilize the whole system for no reason or one that fixed any particular issues I had. Is it that inconceivable to push an update that doesn't ruin anything? submitted by...
  10. 2nd display not detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd display not detected: I did a clean re-install of Windows 10 from a .iso file yesterday. Now my laptop does not detect my second display. Any suggestions for a fix please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-display-not-detected/29c7846f-2436-46e3-b606-2196acc68705