Windows 10: 2nd SSD drive missing after waking up from sleep

Discus and support 2nd SSD drive missing after waking up from sleep in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; each time I wake up from sleep, my secondary SSD drive is missing. I have to reboot the pc to see my ssd drive again. I put 7777777 minutes for turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tianchou123, Jan 15, 2022.

1. 2nd SSD drive missing after waking up from sleep

each time I wake up from sleep, my secondary SSD drive is missing. I have to reboot the pc to see my ssd drive again. I put 7777777 minutes for turn off the hard disk after in power options, and off in link state power management.

:)

Tianchou123, Jan 15, 2022
  2. trogne Win User

2nd ssd drive missing after wake up from sleep

I updated my Windows 10 yesterday.

SInce then, each time I wake up from sleep, my secondary ssd drive is missing.

I have to reboot the pc to see my ssd drive again.

Is there a thing I can try other than go to a previous Windows version ?

- - - Updated - - -

Installing "Intel RST" solved this for me, as suggested here : windows 10 - Secondary hard drive disappears after sleep - Super User

But what was the problem ?
    What the installtion of RST did to my computer ?

trogne, Jan 15, 2022
  3. 2nd monitor 'missing' on wake after sleep

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand when the computer wakes up from sleep second monitor is now waking up. We will help you to resolve the issue.

This issue might be to corrupted power settings.

To diagnose and fix this issue, try the following methods.

Method 1: Power troubleshooter.

I would suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press the ‘Windows + W’ key on the keyboard.
    • Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press Enter.
    • Select Troubleshooting. Click on
      and select Power.
    • Click next and follow the on-screen instructions.
    If the issue still persist follow the below method.

Method 2: Restore Power Option Settings.

I would suggest you to restore default settings of power plan and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + w, and select the option
      Control Panel
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change advanced power settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 15, 2022
  4. 2nd SSD drive missing after waking up from sleep

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 15, 2022
Thema:

2nd SSD drive missing after waking up from sleep

1. 2nd SSD drive missing after waking up from sleep - Similar Threads - 2nd SSD drive

2. 0x9f after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0x9f after waking up from sleep: Around 3 to 4 months ago, my computer used to function properly after waking up. However, currently, it frequently encounters a 0x9f BSOD. If anyone has any insights regarding this issue, I would highly appreciate them. Here are the recent *.dmp files:...
  3. 0x9f after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x9f after waking up from sleep: Around 3 to 4 months ago, my computer used to function properly after waking up. However, currently, it frequently encounters a 0x9f BSOD. If anyone has any insights regarding this issue, I would highly appreciate them. Here are the recent *.dmp files:...
  4. 2nd SSD drive missing after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd SSD drive missing after waking up from sleep: each time I wake up from sleep, my secondary SSD drive is missing. I have to reboot the pc to see my ssd drive again. I put 7777777 minutes for turn off the hard disk after in power options, and off in link state power management....
  5. 2nd SSD drive missing after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    2nd SSD drive missing after waking up from sleep: each time I wake up from sleep, my secondary SSD drive is missing. I have to reboot the pc to see my ssd drive again. I put 7777777 minutes for turn off the hard disk after in power options, and off in link state power management....
  6. No sound after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound after waking up from sleep: I just clean installed my windows 10, and I have been dealing with this issue with the sound on both my monitor with built in speakers would be gone after waking up from sleep mode. To be clear: I have 2 monitors with built in speakers, one connected to my hdmi and another...
  7. After waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After waking up from sleep: After waking up from sleep, how do I require a password sign-in. I don't want anyone to wake up my computer and see my desktop. Want to require my password to be entered to get access....
  8. 2nd ssd drive missing after wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd ssd drive missing after wake up from sleep: I updated my Windows 10 yesterday. SInce then, each time I wake up from sleep, my secondary ssd drive is missing. I have to reboot the pc to see my ssd drive again. Is there a thing I can try other than go to a previous Windows version ? - - - Updated - - - Installing...
  9. 2nd ssd drive missing after wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    2nd ssd drive missing after wake up from sleep: I updated my Windows 10 yesterday. SInce then, each time I wake up from sleep, my secondary ssd drive is missing. I have to reboot the pc to see my ssd drive again. Is there a thing I can try other than go to a previous Windows version ? 131741
  10. Not Waking from Sleep After SSD Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Not Waking from Sleep After SSD Upgrade: Hi there folks, Just upgraded my XPS 15 9530 with a new 850 EVO 1TB mSATA, was previously using a PM830 64GB mSATA drive. The laptop now no longer wakes from hibernation or sleep mode, whether hybrid sleep is enabled or disabled. I do know that the new SSD uses DevSlp,...