Windows 10: 2nd user applications

Discus and support 2nd user applications in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello. I am running Win 10 Home. My question is can 2 different users share the same program installations? That is, if I create a 2nd admin account... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mmullen2, Feb 4, 2021.

1. mmullen2 Win User

2nd user applications

Hello.
    I am running Win 10 Home.
    My question is can 2 different users share the same program installations?
    That is, if I create a 2nd admin account with a new name, is there anyway to share the applications installed by the first user with the new user?
    Thank you.

:)

mmullen2, Feb 4, 2021

2. Installing Applications to Select User Accounts

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to avoid the access of all the application in all users. We will help you try resolving this issue.

I suggest you to check while installing any software it gives an option to install on all users or any particular user only.

However this would be application specific to manufacturer.

You can try following the below steps also and check if it helps.

• When you install the software or an application, it makes a shortcut or copy to the public folder where all the users can access the application.
    • Open C:\ Drive and select Users.
    • Select Public, select the files which you don't want to be used by other users and delete the files or Cut and paste in Admin account folder.
    Note: To perform this steps be logged into Admin user.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates coming April 2nd to user consent screen for App Devs

Source: Heads Up for App Devs: Updates coming April 2nd to our user consent screen Enterprise Mobility + Security

Brink, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Kreij Win User

2nd user applications

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

2nd user applications

1. 2nd user applications - Similar Threads - 2nd user applications

2. How to add a 2nd user to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a 2nd user to Windows 10?: I need to create a second user name aka user account to do some temporary testing. But I am finding it has become a little more complicated due to recent Windows 10 upgrades.It used to be you could go to Start > Run and type in control userpasswords2orNETPLWIZThis would take...
  3. How to add a 2nd user to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add a 2nd user to Windows 10?: I need to create a second user name aka user account to do some temporary testing. But I am finding it has become a little more complicated due to recent Windows 10 upgrades.It used to be you could go to Start > Run and type in control userpasswords2orNETPLWIZThis would take...
  4. How to add a 2nd user to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar not working for 2nd user loging in doesn't matter which user

Taskbar not working for 2nd user loging in doesn't matter which user: Since some month now i faced the follwong problem: If a 2nd user wants to login while another just locked the session this user won't have a working taskbar click on start shortly blacksout screen, hover over taskbar shows loading spinner, no icon but the defaults are loaded....
  6. Unable to Assign my 2nd GPU to Applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Assign my 2nd GPU to Applications: I used to use the NVIDIA Control Panel to assign Applications to either GPU0 or GPU1 but that seems to have stopped working. I soon discovered the "Graphics Performance Preference" section and noticed that it listed both my GPU0 RTX 2080 Ti as both the Power Saving and High...
  7. 2nd User Account is hidden

2nd User Account is hidden: I've purchased a new Dell XPS Desktop and have gone through the setup process. I've set my self up as a Local User which is all fine. Following on from this I've added my wife as a 2nd local user with a standard account, but when I sign out or re-boot my PC her account isn't...
  8. Installing user files on 2nd drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing user files on 2nd drive: When I installed Win7 years ago there was a script that i use to install user files to a second drive on install of Win7 Is there something like that on Windows 10 Thanks 146111
  9. Re-install Applications Already Installed on 2nd HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-install Applications Already Installed on 2nd HDD: I just reset my Windows 10 OS and now I have to reinstall all the applications. However, install most of of apps on a 2nd HDD, and was wondering if there is anyway to avoid having to redownload all these apps. This computer sits in a remote site with limited internet...
  10. problem making 2nd user administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    problem making 2nd user administrator: Hi, I am administrator. When I created 2nd/work account I made it administrator but it cannot access all the files. And I can't? Do I need to enable "enhanced" administrator? I saw solution from 2015 to change registry - I'd rather not. Is that still the solution in 2019?...