Windows 10: 2nd Windows Install corrupts 1st?

Discus and support 2nd Windows Install corrupts 1st? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This has happened to me more than once. I have an NVMe drive (1TB) and an SSD (500GB EVO 860). The NVMe is the main drive and a clean install of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GregJ7, Oct 7, 2019.

1. GregJ7 Win User

2nd Windows Install corrupts 1st?

This has happened to me more than once. I have an NVMe drive (1TB) and an SSD (500GB EVO 860). The NVMe is the main drive and a clean install of Windows 10 is all set up on it and it worked fine.

I booted to a Windows 10 installation media (USB) and installed Windows 10 on the second drive (the SSD) and got it all set up and working wonderfully. Now any attempt to boot to the first drive (the NVMe) results in me indicates there is no valid Windows installation on it. It will still boot to the SSD. Both were installed in the last week—neither has been activated. msconfig doesn't show the NMVe. My BIOS is set so that it only knows about the NVMe.

Anyone know why this happens?
    How do I make them both bootable (especially my main NVMe that the startup sequence does not see a Windows 10 install on it)?

My motherboard is an ASUS Prime X570-P with the latest BIOS. An AMD Ryzen 5 3600 is in it along with 16 GB of RAM.

:)

GregJ7, Oct 7, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 7, 2019
  3. AMDCam Win User
    Windows Installer Corrupted

Hey, well a couple days ago I installed "Microsoft Update" over Windows Update, and WOW is that a great app, not only can it not update anything, but it corrupted my Windows Installer. Well since Windows XP knows better than me, I redownloaded Windows Installer 3.0 redistributable, and SWEET, Windows says "it's older than the current version, no update is necessary" and not only necessary but not possible to install. SOOOO should I reinstall SP2 or what? This is crazy. Thanks for the help

AMDCam, Oct 7, 2019
  4. andreloo Win User

radeon 3870 crossfire problem!!

thnx a lot, everything works well now.1 step : install 1st card, 2 step : install 2nd card , 3 step : put interconnection bridges! thanx again

andreloo, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

1. 2nd Windows Install corrupts 1st? - Similar Threads - 2nd Install corrupts

2. 1st monitor is being capped by 2nd monitors resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1st monitor is being capped by 2nd monitors resolution: my first monitor is a 2560x1440p monitor and 2nd is 1920x1080 but the 1440p one is being capped at 1080 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1st-monitor-is-being-capped-by-2nd-monitors/f1763ad4-4ebb-48ce-b151-d47fe60f7333
  3. 1st monitor is being capped by 2nd monitors resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1st monitor is being capped by 2nd monitors resolution: my first monitor is a 2560x1440p monitor and 2nd is 1920x1080 but the 1440p one is being capped at 1080 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1st-monitor-is-being-capped-by-2nd-monitors/f1763ad4-4ebb-48ce-b151-d47fe60f7333
  4. 1st monitor is being capped by 2nd monitors resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 2nd Monitor not detected although it mirrors the 1st

2nd Monitor not detected although it mirrors the 1st: Hello, I just purchased a new Dell Inspirion 7306 2n1 laptop and I have a UtechSmart USBType-C Hub Pro Product Model: UCN3270 docking station with two HP 27f monitors. When I plug the hub into the USB-C port on the laptop, windows recognizes the hub as only one monitor....
  6. 1st Boot Fails, 2nd Boot Works (Bios?)

in Windows 10 Support
    1st Boot Fails, 2nd Boot Works (Bios?): Greetings, So over the last weeks I tried Ubuntu Mate and Zorin. I installed each OS on my Mini PC twice and although interesting they weren't stable enough to switch to. I then installed Win10 again and it's actually zippy and works fine. Except for -- -- a strange booting...
  7. 2nd Round, 1st didn't take

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2nd Round, 1st didn't take: Please help, see original post and replies. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/bsod-help/e419fc04-c640-4f78-82e7-95da67ccb0c0?tm=1593152513665&rtAction=1593402409083...
  8. how do i switch the 1st and 2nd monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i switch the 1st and 2nd monitor?: [ATTACH] i moved my computer and switched the screens, but i cant seem to figure out how to make my former 2nd monitor my 1st monitor. (now games open on the (now) 2nd monitor instead of the 1st. submitted by /u/EliasMikki [link] [comments]...
  9. HDD Showing Up In 1st PC but not 2nd PC.

HDD Showing Up In 1st PC but not 2nd PC.: Hi! In my PC I have a 3TB Seagate Barracuda HDD. Recently, the drive has been stopping showing up in Windows, and it's normally fixed by unplugging all drives, rebooting, plugging the drives back in and then turning it on again. Today, the drive has not shown up at all, even...
  10. Black Screen after install, not detecting 2nd monitor, cannot use 1st

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen after install, not detecting 2nd monitor, cannot use 1st: Evening, folks. I am having a pretty critical issue with my laptop after installing Win 10 for the first time. It seems like it is not detecting my second HDMI monitor. I did see that this was an issue previously resolved, but my predicament is a bit different. I use my...