Windows 10: 2nd windows pc under same name

Discus and support 2nd windows pc under same name in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; i currently have an older windows 10 pc, however i have just bought a second pc for vr and 4k gaming my question is can i register my new windows pc to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by bedlam1968, Dec 20, 2019.

1. 2nd windows pc under same name

i currently have an older windows 10 pc, however i have just bought a second pc for vr and 4k gaming my question is can i register my new windows pc to the same email address as i did before and will that make it the same login or pin number the same when i try and login or will i have to create new email and new logon account

:)

bedlam1968, Dec 20, 2019

2. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Dec 20, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 20, 2019
  4. 2nd windows pc under same name

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

2nd windows pc under same name

1. 2nd windows pc under same name - Similar Threads - 2nd under same

2. Account name not same with microsoft name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account name not same with microsoft name: My account name is different compare to windows name: For example my account name is ronoazoro but my windows account is 45001. How do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-name-not-same-with-microsoft-name/c3d0a0a4-f474-4d83-b3f9-6a24ac0a939d
  3. Account name not same with microsoft name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account name not same with microsoft name: My account name is different compare to windows name: For example my account name is ronoazoro but my windows account is 45001. How do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-name-not-same-with-microsoft-name/c3d0a0a4-f474-4d83-b3f9-6a24ac0a939d
  4. 2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name: i have 2 startup folders in the same folder for some unknown to me reason. When i put in "shells:startup" in Run it opens up a startup folder thats read only and its empty whenever i try to change it to not be read only it just reapplies after the properties window closes...
  5. 2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name

2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name: i have 2 startup folders in the same folder for some unknown to me reason. When i put in "shells:startup" in Run it opens up a startup folder thats read only and its empty whenever i try to change it to not be read only it just reapplies after the properties window closes...
  6. Folders with the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders with the same name: Is there a way to create a folder on the same drive and with the same name in Windows 10?I did it years ago but I don't remember, could someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-with-the-same-name/06f77a02-0984-4102-a874-c4c55e782ea4
  7. Folders with the same name

Folders with the same name: Is there a way to create a folder on the same drive and with the same name in Windows 10?I did it years ago but I don't remember, could someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-with-the-same-name/06f77a02-0984-4102-a874-c4c55e782ea4
  8. This Pc folder same name and everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This Pc folder same name and everything: [IMG]i need help they are all the same folder to the same destination and it won't change I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pc-folder-same-name-and-everything/f780c6ca-f048-41a7-b89d-9001ae7ed142"
  9. User name under C is not the same as the Account name

User name under C is not the same as the Account name: We recently bought my husband a new computer. We put in his name, which is Collins as the account name. However, when I go to the C drive his user name shows up as Colli. Is there a way to Change that....
  10. Document, Picutures, etc Folders under C:\User\{username} vs Same named folders under...

Document, Picutures, etc Folders under C:\User\{username} vs Same named folders under...: What is the difference (content) between the folders Documents, Pictures, etc. in c:\Users\[username] and same named folders under c:\Users\[username]\OneDrive? Why aren't the contents the same?...