Windows 10: 2ndary Monitor goes black when i lock the PC

Discus and support 2ndary Monitor goes black when i lock the PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everybody,i have this issue and i hope someone out there can point me in the right direction towards a solution.I have a standard Desktop PC with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Michael Winauer, Mar 27, 2023.

1. 2ndary Monitor goes black when i lock the PC

Hello everybody,i have this issue and i hope someone out there can point me in the right direction towards a solution.I have a standard Desktop PC with Windows 10 with one Monitor on my desk, and a secondary screenconnected via HDMI on the graphics cards 2ndary port . 2ndary screen is a big wall-mounted TV.This PC stands on a desk in a furniture store, and on it i do 3D-Models of custom furniture, and onthat Wall-TV there is a 3D-View, so the customer can see what i am drawing without having to lookon my primary monitor. Location: EU, Loads of customer-data-privacy-laws in effect hereNow,

:)

Michael Winauer, Mar 27, 2023

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 27, 2023
  3. anaron Win User
    Primary monitor randomly goes black

Got a monitor issue. Looked at other posts about this issue be could not find anything addressing my issue. Over the past few months, my primary monitor randomly (no pattern to the issue) goes black but the led shows it to still be working. Secondary monitor is working. Only way to get the primary back is to reboot the computer. I tried reversing the DVI-D cable but no luck, primary still goes black. Regardless of which monitor is set to primary, that is the monitor that goes black. The monitor set as secondary never goes black. Any ideas?

anaron, Mar 27, 2023
  4. PJS
    pjs Win User

2ndary Monitor goes black when i lock the PC

PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

Thema:

2ndary Monitor goes black when i lock the PC

1. 2ndary Monitor goes black when i lock the PC - Similar Threads - 2ndary Monitor goes

2. Pc on and running & monitor goes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc on and running & monitor goes black: i was on a game and all the sudden my screen goes black and monitor says no signal going into power saving mode but the pc is still on and keyboard and mouse still on as well. when i turn off pc and turn back on my screen stays stretched like the resolution will be messed up...
  3. 2ndary Monitor goes black when i lock the PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2ndary Monitor goes black when i lock the PC: Hello everybody,i have this issue and i hope someone out there can point me in the right direction towards a solution.I have a standard Desktop PC with Windows 10 with one Monitor on my desk, and a secondary screenconnected via HDMI on the graphics cards 2ndary port . 2ndary...
  4. 2ndary Monitor goes black when i lock the PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    2ndary Monitor goes black when i lock the PC: Hello everybody,i have this issue and i hope someone out there can point me in the right direction towards a solution.I have a standard Desktop PC with Windows 10 with one Monitor on my desk, and a secondary screenconnected via HDMI on the graphics cards 2ndary port . 2ndary...
  5. Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,When I lock my PC my pressing Windows key+L PC locks and goes to login screen but my monitor goes to sleep less than 1 minuter. Is there any option to extend time for sleep? Help!...
  6. Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,When I lock my PC my pressing Windows key+L PC locks and goes to login screen but my monitor goes to sleep less than 1 minuter. Is there any option to extend time for sleep? Help!...
  7. Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!

8. Monitor goes black when I try to "Reset This PC"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor goes black when I try to "Reset This PC": Basically I lost my windows local password. I go into troubleshoot, then reset this pc, then when I click to option I want... nothing happens. The screen just turns off. I've waited a long time thinking it would go through anyways, but when I restarted, it still asks for my...
  9. Monitor goes black when I try to "Reset This PC"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes black when I try to "Reset This PC": Basically I lost my windows local password. I go into troubleshoot, then reset this pc, then when I click to option I want... nothing happens. The screen just turns off. I've waited a long time thinking it would go through anyways, but when I restarted, it still asks for my...
  10. Monitor goes black when I try to "Reset This PC"