Windows 10: 2PCs - Poor Windows 10 Performance

Discus and support 2PCs - Poor Windows 10 Performance in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Surface Pro 6 and a HP Desktop with Windows 10 and the performance of them both has deteriorated significantly in the past 4 weeks. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ChromedSoul, Mar 22, 2020.

1. 2PCs - Poor Windows 10 Performance

I have a Surface Pro 6 and a HP Desktop with Windows 10 and the performance of them both has deteriorated significantly in the past 4 weeks.

I am getting frequent Explorer hanging, application crashes and very sluggish network performance when reading/writing to my NAS or between PCs. Also if I go to save something from Google Chrome to a local drive, Chrome freezes when the save as dialog box appears.

It is possible that this could be as a result of a Windows update. I have rolled back etc...but it's to no avail. Is anyone else experiencing the same or similar issues?

Thanks

submitted by /u/ChromedSoul
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ChromedSoul, Mar 22, 2020
  2. SlipSlice Win User

Poor Performance..

Ehh, well that didn't work...everything went well during the flash nothing went wrong, but no changes... Still low framerates...and poor performance...and other suggestions anybody?

SlipSlice, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Poor performance

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Let’s try to follow these methods below which can help us resolving this issue.

Method 1: Perform System Maintenance troubleshooter.

I would suggest you to perform System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer and check if it fixes the issue.

Please follow the steps to perform System maintenance check to improve performance of the computer:

• Press Windows and x key together and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all on the left side panel.
    • Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Method 2: Safe mode and clean boot.

Step 1:

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. This helps us in identifying whether the issue is due to some third
    party programs conflict. The word Safe mode appear in the concern of your monitor to identify which windows mode you are using.

Follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Type settings in search and click on Settings.
    • Click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
    • Under Advanced startup, tap or click Restart now.
    • Once your PC restarts, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click
      Troubleshoot.
    • If you don't see the Startup Settings option, tap or click advanced options.
    • Tap or click Startup Settings.
    • Tap or click Restart.
    • On the Startup Settings screen, choose the Safe Mode.
    • Sign in to your PC with a user account that has administrator rights.

Step 2: Perform Clean Boot.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Refer to Windows 8.1 steps, as they are applicable to Windows 10.

Follow the below link and check if it helps:

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

2PCs - Poor Windows 10 Performance

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

2PCs - Poor Windows 10 Performance

1. 2PCs - Poor Windows 10 Performance - Similar Threads - 2PCs Poor Performance

2. struggling with poor performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    struggling with poor performance: I made a lot of work on the computer for the past month and I know that I notice that from time to time it will runs slower that the previous day. It became harder and harder for me to work since its slow and I cant finish task on the machine. This is a personal computer and...
  3. Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor Performance: Hi, I have a big problem with my HP laptop. It has Intel Core i3-7100U, intel graphics 620 and 4 GB ram. I don't know what to do, I've tried using CCleaner and other tutorials online but nothing worked. Seems like disk usage variates, by the time I finished writing this, disk...
  4. Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Poor Performance: Hi, I have a big problem with my HP laptop. It has Intel Core i3-7100U, intel graphics 620 and 4 GB ram. I don't know what to do, I've tried using CCleaner and other tutorials online but nothing worked. Seems like disk usage variates, by the time I finished writing this, disk...
  5. Poor Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Poor performance

Poor performance: I have a new eurocom computer and have been having very bad performance issues. I takes like 10 minutes to even boot and the general system performance is bad once it has booted. Hard drive usage is almost always at 100% and when it isn't the computer works as it should but...
  7. Poor performance Windows 10

Poor performance Windows 10: Of late my computer Lenovo all-in-one with Windows 10 has started performing very slow. It takes a while for the system to respond to commands clicking on a program to start it, or going to a site .... I have just looked at the task manager and it shows 79 !!! instances of...
  8. Poor performance in games in Windows 10

Poor performance in games in Windows 10: Hello. I have switched to Windows 10 after a complete installation including activation and latest updates (1809 version) but the problem is it is not providing the performance i deserve. I am only getting 60 to 80 fps in Csgo and major fps drops in other games including...
  9. Poor game performance on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor game performance on Windows 10: Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 back when it launched in August 2015, gaming and everything was fine for me, games and apps. I was satisfied with the upgrade. However, sometime around the November or the Anniversary Update, I noticed that games that easily pull off 30 or...
  10. Poor Performance

Poor Performance: I upgraded Windows 7 Home Edition to Windows 10 years ago when it was first released and performance has been absolutely awful, I'd finally had enough a couple of days ago and decided to sacrifice my years of files and programmes to do a completely fresh reinstall of windows....