Windows 10: 2T USB Thumb Drive write issues

Discus and support 2T USB Thumb Drive write issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I bought a 2T Thumb Drive from China (I know but US wasnt making them at the time) so anyway on my first initial write to the drive lots of info was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KenKRJohnson, Jul 5, 2021.

1. 2T USB Thumb Drive write issues

I bought a 2T Thumb Drive from China (I know but US wasnt making them at the time) so anyway on my first initial write to the drive lots of info was passed to it. Time passed not sure how much, but on my second attempt to write to the drive I created a new folder on the drive and my burn to the drive appeared to work ok. When I went to the folder after the burn completed there were no files in the folder. Why not??

:)

KenKRJohnson, Jul 5, 2021

2. Windows 10 : USB thumb drives are unusable

I have a Windows 10 Pro (v.1703) laptop that denies writing of data to usb thumb drives.

I've tried several drives and all behave the same:

The OS sees the drive and can read data written to it by Windows 7 computers.

The drive can be formatted by Windows 10.

Attempts to write data to the drive result in this error :

Destination Folder Access Denied.

I AM an admin on this computer yet some additional admin rights are required to

write to the USB drive. I am never prompted for credentials.

I can find no tool with which to grant the necessary rights, so rendering all usb

thumb drives incompatible with this computer.

I have tried many solutions (RegEdits, etc) to this rather disasterous issue and none have

been effective.

Frustrating indeed.

Any suggestions ?

Sean Nelson (snelson), Jul 5, 2021
  3. Thumb drive issue

W10 won't recognize my USB thumb drive. Would like to be able to install music to this drive, but doesn't show up on

"Send To" list or on the drives shown in "This PC". Never had this issue in W7 Home, so wondering if there's a fix for W10.

Bob

BobLandryZS, Jul 5, 2021
  4. kc4raf Win User

2T USB Thumb Drive write issues

USB thumb flash drives are "write protected"

Bought 4 PNY 16GB USB thumb drives and every time I try to format them, the computer kicks back that they are write protected. Have tried ALL the solutions listed and explained in the 10 forums here, and nothing works to disable the write protection on my machine. Tried diskpart, Command Prompt, and Computer Configuration and nothing resolves my problem. BTW, there's no switch on these USB drives.
    Anybody know of a fix?
    My machine is Dell Optiplex 960 w/6 Gb memory.
    Thanks for reading my post and possibly helping me,
    73s

kc4raf, Jul 5, 2021
Thema:

2T USB Thumb Drive write issues

1. 2T USB Thumb Drive write issues - Similar Threads - USB Thumb Drive

2. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb Thumb Drive: Earlier today my thumb drive was working fine but now when I plug it in to view it it only shows up in files for a few seconds then disappears. In devices it says that it is connected but won't let me view files. I also tried it on a chrome book but would not work. Any ways...
  3. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb Thumb Drive: Earlier today my thumb drive was working fine but now when I plug it in to view it it only shows up in files for a few seconds then disappears. In devices it says that it is connected but won't let me view files. I also tried it on a chrome book but would not work. Any ways...
  4. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. exFat 2T USB

exFat 2T USB: Good Morning, I have backed up my pictures on a new 2T USB that i ordered online and i checked and saw my files before deleting them, however after i take out the USB and put it back in the computer i can see the different folders but they are empty even thought the...
  6. USB Mass Storage Issues with Thumb Drives

USB Mass Storage Issues with Thumb Drives: I'm having issues with a USB drive. I've tried several different thumb drives in every USB port on my desktop. When inserting the drive, Windows makes the noise recognizing it's been inserted. The drive does not show up in explorer. I went to Device Manager and it/they...
  7. USB thumb drives

USB thumb drives: Sorry not really a w10 issue but how much actual data should I expect to get from a 32g drive? I just bought one and it is only 28.6 should I return it? I contacted Sandisk and this is what they said; Thank you for contacting SanDisk® Global Customer Support. I understand...
  8. backup to usb thumb drives?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backup to usb thumb drives?: Is it possible to do backups to thumbdrives? If so, is it possible to do those backups with common backup apps such as macrim and/or AOMEI? If so what are the pros and cons? Windows 10 Pro 64 bit CPU: i7-4770k @350GHz Ram: 16GB Graphics: Radeon 580 8GB vram Winver 1903...
  9. USB thumb flash drives are "write protected"

USB thumb flash drives are "write protected": Bought 4 PNY 16GB USB thumb drives and every time I try to format them, the computer kicks back that they are write protected. Have tried ALL the solutions listed and explained in the 10 forums here, and nothing works to disable the write protection on my machine. Tried...
  10. Thumb drive issue (problem)

Thumb drive issue (problem): When I insert my 16 GB Kingston flash drive, many windows pop open, perhaps 10 or so. I reformatted the drive again, closed all the windows, removed and reinserted it, and the same thing happens. Can someone please help. Len 88250