Windows 10: 2TB HDD - Need to Reorganize Partitions

Discus and support 2TB HDD - Need to Reorganize Partitions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,I recently installed a new 2TB HDD and I had trouble defining the Partitions. For some reason Win10 set up the Partitions for me. I ended up with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by l_turn9, May 7, 2022.

1. l_turn9 Win User

2TB HDD - Need to Reorganize Partitions

Hello,I recently installed a new 2TB HDD and I had trouble defining the Partitions. For some reason Win10 set up the Partitions for me. I ended up with aa C:\ and D:\ with both having capacities of ~950GB. I want to eliminate D: and use that space in C:. I moved some files from D to C and was able to Shrink the D volumn but instead of the empty space being moved to C, it moved it into the Unallocated space. I ended up with a new Unallocated area,. Now, C:\ has very limited unused Space making it difficult to move any files there. Is it possible to Shrink D:\ and move the space to C: o

:)

l_turn9, May 7, 2022
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, May 7, 2022
  3. Ashesh Win User
    Lost Partitions on HDD with HDD regenerator

Hey! thanks for the response!, i tried running Sea Tools and i have interesting results,

SMART Test - PASS

But the most interesting part is that, i have a "mount" program in Sea tools, so when i mount sda2, sda3,sda4
    then when i go to /mnt/sda2, /mnt/sda3 and /mnt/sda4, i can see all of my data there!! all the files, all the folders, just as they were..

I can even read the contents of text files (using cat command).. so it seems my data + paritions are there but then why am i facing this terrible issue ? *Sad(

2TB HDD - Need to Reorganize Partitions [​IMG]

also regarding backups, i am sorry i have none *Sad, actually this 2tb hdd was itself my storehouse.. rip (i hope not)

Mount tool:

2TB HDD - Need to Reorganize Partitions [​IMG]

So DISKPART can show all my partitions and volumes properly
    and in Seatools , i can mount all partitions and List and read all my files and folders without any issues..
    so what should be my next step :/ i don't wanna mess this up

Ashesh, May 7, 2022
  4. 2TB HDD - Need to Reorganize Partitions

Unresponsive HDD Partition.

I somehow managed to format the partition & its now unallocated space. Now, I cant create a new partition neither I can allocated that free space to other Partition. Can you suggest a way to repair that space in HDD?

-Thanks

ShehrozKhan1, May 7, 2022
Thema:

2TB HDD - Need to Reorganize Partitions

1. 2TB HDD - Need to Reorganize Partitions - Similar Threads - 2TB HDD Need

2. 2TB HDD - Need to Reorganize Partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2TB HDD - Need to Reorganize Partitions: Hello,I recently installed a new 2TB HDD and I had trouble defining the Partitions. For some reason Win10 set up the Partitions for me. I ended up with aa C:\ and D:\ with both having capacities of ~950GB. I want to eliminate D: and use that space in C:. I moved some files...
  3. 2TB HDD - Need to Reorganize Partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2TB HDD - Need to Reorganize Partitions: Hello,I recently installed a new 2TB HDD and I had trouble defining the Partitions. For some reason Win10 set up the Partitions for me. I ended up with aa C:\ and D:\ with both having capacities of ~950GB. I want to eliminate D: and use that space in C:. I moved some files...
  4. Issues with Seagate 2tb Ultraslim HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Seagate 2tb Ultraslim HDD: Hi everyone. I am running Win 11 on an Acer Nitro AN515-55 I have a Seagate 2TB UltraSlim external hard drive. Last November my laptop started to update without my knowledge and froze. I rebooted and the laptop was stuck in boot. I realized the external hard drive was still...
  5. Issues with Seagate 2tb Ultraslim HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Seagate 2tb Ultraslim HDD: Hi everyone. I am running Win 11 on an Acer Nitro AN515-55 I have a Seagate 2TB UltraSlim external hard drive. Last November my laptop started to update without my knowledge and froze. I rebooted and the laptop was stuck in boot. I realized the external hard drive was still...
  6. 2tb Hdd is failing need to backup data ASAP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2tb Hdd is failing need to backup data ASAP: As title says, My 2 TB is around 7 years old i think. Recently my computer has slowed to an extreme crawl despite multiple checkdisk repairs, fresh windows installs. Now its become apparent the hdd is dying. I have 6 years worth of important data, which amounts to roughly 1.2...
  7. HDD & Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD & Partition: Hello, I have two internal HDD on my PC. So can I combine two HDD to one partition ? Can I know Pros and Cons of combining like this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdd-partition/10ea9c37-41dd-47cd-ac5e-2541c2ebb4ed
  8. 2TB HDD format to MBR or GPT??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2TB HDD format to MBR or GPT??: I just got a new 2TB HHD and i want to know which partition style i need to use MBR or GPT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2tb-hdd-format-to-mbr-or-gpt/672f2d14-e381-4682-9f1b-9b89f016c52f
  9. Temperature for Seagate 2TB HDD ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Temperature for Seagate 2TB HDD ?: Hi So i'm using a Seagate 2TB SATA 3 with 7200 RPM hard drive and just wanted to know what are the normal temps for it ? When in idle the HDD's temp is 42'C and when gaming it goes up to 55'C. If anyone has some info on this i'd greatly appreciate it because i don't know...
  10. External 2TB HDD contents gone after creating bootable partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    External 2TB HDD contents gone after creating bootable partition: So I did a partition on my Seagate external 2TB, used easeUS to move existing data at the back and created another 35GB partition for a windows recovery drive at the front which I have given a drive letter of 'R:' (the remaining data was having the drive letter at default...