Windows 10: 2x update Error 0x8E5E0408

Discus and support 2x update Error 0x8E5E0408 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, I’m running Windows 10 – 1809 x64, now on build 17763.775. (Still got Win7 Pro SP1, Group B running on secondary HDD, but Win10 is now my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by win10trial, Oct 10, 2019 at 7:47 AM.

1. 2x update Error 0x8E5E0408

Hi guys,

I’m running Windows 10 – 1809 x64, now on build 17763.775. (Still got Win7 Pro SP1, Group B running on secondary HDD, but Win10 is now my daily runner.)
    Updates are handled by WuMgr and occasionally I download and install necessary updates through the Catalog. That went well till now:

I now have two updates that either get a ‘not applicable’ or ‘not installed’ result with a 0x8E5E0408 error:
    KB 4524099 (4515843) Cumulative .NET 3.5, 4.7.2, 4.8
    KB 4521862 Servicing Stack Update

From what I can find online, this error has to do with Windows Store, which I removed along with other apps immediately after installing 1809.

There seems to be a work-around solution https://social.technet.microsoft.com...in10itprosetup but that requires me to create a new user with a MS-account, and I work only with local accounts.

Any other solution/ suggestion?
    Thx

:)

2. Abyssmu2 Win User

Windows Store Error 0x8e5e0408

Hello world,

I am trying to download the MineCraft Windows 10 Beta from the Store and I keep getting the error code 0x8e5e0408. I have searched around for a solution and haven't come across anything that works.

Error code 0x8e5e0408 windows app store

That was the post that offered the most options for help and none of them worked for me. I tried the command prompt suggestion and ran into the same thing. I also tried the windows app troubleshooter, but that will not work on windows 10 (yet). Along with
    the troubleshooter I tried the various options on http://windows.microsoft.com/en.us/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app but much of that is only applicable to 8.1.

I have also tried installing other apps after this. They all worked perfectly, so it is solely this one.

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks

3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Oct 10, 2019 at 7:49 AM
  4. dalchina Win User

2x update Error 0x8E5E0408

Why am I still on 1809?

When are you seeing this error?
    a. any attempt at Windows update incuding 1809 CUs
    b. attempt to upgrade to 1903
    ?

Your post is not clear on this and suggests there could be two questions:
    a. Why is Windows update failing
    b. Why have I not been offered 1903

Please post a screenshot of your Update History.
    To post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post.

Meanwhile this suggests the error number can be associated with Store updates:
    FIX: Windows Store and Apps Error Code 0x8e5e0408

Thanks for the clarification.

Thema:

2x update Error 0x8E5E0408

1. 2x update Error 0x8E5E0408 - Similar Threads - update Error 0x8E5E0408

2. 2x update Error 0x8E5E0408

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    2x update Error 0x8E5E0408: Hi guys, I’m running Windows 10 – 1809 x64, now on build 17763.775. (Still got Win7 Pro SP1, Group B running on secondary HDD, but Win10 is now my daily runner.) Updates are handled by WuMgr and occasionally I download and install necessary updates through the Catalog. That...
  3. Accidently enter 2x wrong password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidently enter 2x wrong password: I had already one respons but unfortunately it didn't work out' Problem; -Have did accidently enter twice the WRONG password by login. -The 3rd time I did enter CORRECT password but got answer "INCORRECT PASSWORD", also a 4th & 5th & 6th time "incorrect Password"! -Now I...
  4. BSOD 2x today

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD 2x today: My windows 10 PC crashed twice without running any CPU-demanding applications. This PC has been fairly reliable until now. Needs help to debug. BlueScreen view seems to indicate the problem is related to hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe as follows: [ATTACH] The minidump file:...
  5. Jan 2019 update KB 4480976 listed in History as failed 2x but installed in Control Panel

Jan 2019 update KB 4480976 listed in History as failed 2x but installed in Control Panel: Hi, I have been having a problem with the latest Update KB4480976 ( Having finally managed to successfully install KB4023057). It appears to install but is then listed as failed in Update History, twice so far, however it is listed in the Control panel as installed. I...
  6. Instant crash to black screen, then auto restart 2x before OK

Instant crash to black screen, then auto restart 2x before OK: Never in 5 years has this PC crashed until yesterday. I was editing in Photoshop Adobe Camera RAW some 25 .CR2 files when without warning the PC went to a black screen as if the power shut down. But, the PC has a battery backup which I was checking when the PC tried to...
  7. 2x bsods: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

2x bsods: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION: I have imaged a computer lab with a Windows 10 image and I seem to be having issues with only one model in particular, Dell Optiplex 790's which technically Dell does not have Win 10 drivers for. I imaged with Windows 10 Education x64 v1511. I am currently experiencing 2...
  8. New Build - Win10 Home x64 - 2x BSODs, Partial Boot Issue

New Build - Win10 Home x64 - 2x BSODs, Partial Boot Issue: I've built an entirely new system over the last few days and I'm having some unexpected issues with Windows 10 Home x64 and it's driving me insane. This new build, and all components in the build are brand new... Software wise, I purchased a new key and used the Microsoft...
  9. Dual boot 2x Win10 on 2 HDs?

Dual boot 2x Win10 on 2 HDs?: I have a pretty hardcore laptop from work, which i am also allowed to use for private use, so I have installed an ekstra SSD disk in the laptop and i was wondering if it was possible to install win 10 on that one and then get an option when i boot the pc, which disk/os i want...
  10. Energizer XBOX ONE 2X Smart Chargers Safety Recall

in Windows 10 News
    Energizer XBOX ONE 2X Smart Chargers Safety Recall: Safety Recall Battery Chargers for XBOX ONE Video Game Controllers Recalled by Performance Designed Products Due to Burn Hazard Recall Summary Name of Product: Energizer® XBOX ONE 2X Smart Chargers Hazard: The battery chargers can overheat and damage the XBOX ONE...