Windows 10: 3.0 USB OTG Device Enumeration fails in windows 10

Discus and support 3.0 USB OTG Device Enumeration fails in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello folks, I have been working on a "up squared" board running ubuntu 16.04 LTS with kernel version 4.15 The board has an OTG 3.0 USB, which I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vinigajjar, Apr 19, 2019.

1. 3.0 USB OTG Device Enumeration fails in windows 10

Hello folks,

I have been working on a "up squared" board running ubuntu 16.04 LTS with kernel version 4.15
    The board has an OTG 3.0 USB, which I want to use in device mode using the g_mass_storage driver.

The problem I face is the up squared board is successfully detected as mass storage device in Linux and
    Windows 7 machines . But the device fails to be recognized in windows 10.

In detail.
    The device fails at the enumeration process, as when the host systems asks for usb_device_descriptors ,
    in the enumeration process, the bLength and bDescriptorType are returned "0" from the device side.

Thus, the device is reported as "Unrecognized" which the user is notified about.

I'll be glad if you folks can help me with this

I am attaching the Microsoft USBView utility debug report which shows the enumeration fails for wrong bLength value

Thank you,

3.0 USB OTG Device Enumeration fails in windows 10 fd884ab5-b56c-44e7-950d-c69e95d02b88?upload=true.png

:)

vinigajjar, Apr 19, 2019
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 19, 2019
  3. titan5800 Win User
    a request for device descriptor request failed

my bios is and custom unlocked bios (latest version) (thanks to Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source ) because of lenovo hardware whitlist maybe thats causing the problem???

titan5800, Apr 19, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

3.0 USB OTG Device Enumeration fails in windows 10

PNY Launches Duo-Link OTG USB Flash Drive

PNY Technologies, Inc. ("PNY") today announced the launch of the Duo-Link OTG USB Flash Drive, available in both 16GB and 32GB capacities. The micro-sized, capless swing design of the Duo-Link OTG USB Flash Drive holds both a micro-USB connector and a USB connector that allows users to easily transfer media and files to and from an Android device and PC.

The On-The-Go USB Flash Drive connects to an Android mobile device and PC or laptop. The Micro-USB connector easily plugs into any Android device while the USB connector plugs directly into any available USB port. The built-in Micro-USB connector allows you to quickly transfer or store music, photos, movies, videos, files and more. Users can also play music or videos directly from the PNY Duo-Link OTG USB Flash Drive. The Duo-Link OTG USB Flash Drive was designed to free up space on an Android phone and/or save files from a PC or laptop onto the phone. The capless, all-in-one design is small enough to connect to an Android device for portable, OTG usage.

3.0 USB OTG Device Enumeration fails in windows 10 71a_thm.jpg

Specifications
    • Interface: USB 2.0
    • Storage Capacities: 16GB & 32GB
    • Weight: 0.02LB
    • Product Dimensions: 30mm x 10mm x 5mm
    • Warranty: One-year warranty
    PNY offers a one-year warranty on all USB Flash Drives, including the Duo-Link OTG. PNY Duo-Link OTG USB Flash Drives are available now for purchase at select e-tailers, retailers, PNY.com, and through authorized PNY distribution partners.

btarunr, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

3.0 USB OTG Device Enumeration fails in windows 10

1. 3.0 USB OTG Device Enumeration fails in windows 10 - Similar Threads - USB OTG Device

2. Microsoft USBC Speaker fails to enumerate via USB Hub -- Error "device descriptor request...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft USBC Speaker fails to enumerate via USB Hub -- Error "device descriptor request...: I connected Microsoft USB-C speaker via USB hub to USB-C port of Motherboard and it failed to enumerate.The speaker works fine when connected 1 directly to USBC port of motherboard 2 via USB dock.The speaker doesn't enumerate with multiple USB hubs "Device Descriptor Request...
  3. Microsoft USBC Speaker fails to enumerate via USB Hub -- Error "device descriptor request...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft USBC Speaker fails to enumerate via USB Hub -- Error "device descriptor request...: I connected Microsoft USB-C speaker via USB hub to USB-C port of Motherboard and it failed to enumerate.The speaker works fine when connected 1 directly to USBC port of motherboard 2 via USB dock.The speaker doesn't enumerate with multiple USB hubs "Device Descriptor Request...
  4. Fix Unknown USB Device, the Device Failed Enumeration error on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Unknown USB Device, the Device Failed Enumeration error on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]This post lists the possible solutions to fix the Unknown USB Device, the Device Failed Enumeration error on Windows 11/10. When you connect your USB device to the Windows computer, it first installs the required driver and then displays the USB device in Windows...
  5. How to stop USB enumeration.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop USB enumeration.: Hi, Recently Windows changed behavior how it treats different USB devices and it seems it starts to distinct them by SN, which it didn't previously. I work in mobile repair service and it really matters that the modem COM port stays always the same, also when using...
  6. Ricoh - Printer Failed Enumeration

Ricoh - Printer Failed Enumeration: ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo Motherboard Corsair 750 Watt Power Supply Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Processor 2.83GHz 8 GB VDATA RAM DDR2 800Mhz PC2-6400 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB Samsung 860 EVO 250 GB SSD Windows 10 Pro x64 I have a Ricoh Aficio SP 311SFNw laser printer. I've had it...
  7. Windows 10 usb 3

Windows 10 usb 3: Hi, I have an audio interface Roland Quad-Capture that only works via USB 2. On the new laptop I have been given Dell precision 7510 there are only USB 3 ports. I checked with manufacturer, the interface will not work properly unless plugged in USB 2. What could I do?...
  8. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices: I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.[ATTACH] The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports. If any one has had this...
  9. Failed to Enumerate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Failed to Enumerate: Hello: To switch to Windows 10 I bought a new computer to replace my old Windows 7 machine. I took the hard drive out of the old computer thinking I could copy my files over to the new machine, but I can't access them. I thought it might just be a matter of changing the...
  10. Does Windows 10 Iot-core support USB OTG?

Does Windows 10 Iot-core support USB OTG?: Hi, Does Windows 10 Iot-Core support the USB Dual Role Port(USB OTG) of Intel Apollo Lake? Checking Microsoft's information is not incomplete. If so, please tell me what to do? Thank you....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 usb enumeration

2. 3.0 USB fails at enumeration