Windows 10: 3/10/20 10.0.18363 Forced OS update broke my PC

Discus and support 3/10/20 10.0.18363 Forced OS update broke my PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; There was a new OS pushed through on 3/10. After the restart I tried opening Adobe Audition and it would not work. The app couldn't detect my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by major masingil, Mar 13, 2020.

1. 3/10/20 10.0.18363 Forced OS update broke my PC

There was a new OS pushed through on 3/10. After the restart I tried opening Adobe Audition and it would not work. The app couldn't detect my speakers or mic correctly. I couldn't open a session or listen to playback. Anytime I tried to change the hardware in audition, the program would freeze up and I'd have to shut it off. I also received many various "Intel Optanetm Memory Pinning Unable to load DLL" errors when I use the File Explorer.

I used Recovery to go back to the previous version of Windows. Ver 10.0.17763 Now Audition is working, but I am still receiving the DLL errors, and I am getting errors when I tried to move an Adobe Audition Mixdown folder from my C drive to my D drive. The error was stating "Could not find this item". However when I opened the folder all of the contents were there. I was able to move the files which were inside the folder manually. I cannot delete the empty folder in my C drive.

Please see the 2 images below. Can someone point me in the correct direction to fix these very annoying issues?

3/10/20 10.0.18363 Forced OS update broke my PC db896a22-774e-459e-9f17-fe864232ff1d?upload=true.jpg

3/10/20 10.0.18363 Forced OS update broke my PC d2dad053-954f-4993-89bb-fc5522d05fa3?upload=true.jpg

:)

major masingil, Mar 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Octopuss Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

Is there any link with list of everything related to this for those who want to do it manually?

Octopuss, Mar 13, 2020
  4. 3/10/20 10.0.18363 Forced OS update broke my PC

Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

3/10/20 10.0.18363 Forced OS update broke my PC

1. 3/10/20 10.0.18363 Forced OS update broke my PC - Similar Threads - 18363 Forced update

2. Microsoft forced an update and broke my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft forced an update and broke my pc: Windows forced an update on my computer yesterday and when I booted my computer up today I had an "attempting repairs" pop up rather than my usual windows start up screen. These updates are infuriating and I don't want them anymore. I don't want to upgrade to windows 11...
  3. Microsoft forced an update and broke my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft forced an update and broke my pc: Windows forced an update on my computer yesterday and when I booted my computer up today I had an "attempting repairs" pop up rather than my usual windows start up screen. These updates are infuriating and I don't want them anymore. I don't want to upgrade to windows 11...
  4. Microsoft forced an update and broke my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Window 10 update broke my pc!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 update broke my pc!: Before the update my pc working pretty normal but after Window 10 update today my pc broken now i cant connect to wifi my network adapter it just gone when i go into adapter option it said this folder is empty also my i cant turn on or off bluetooth and i cant do anything...
  6. Window 10 update broke my pc!

Window 10 update broke my pc!: Before the update my pc working pretty normal but after Window 10 update today my pc broken now i cant connect to wifi my network adapter it just gone when i go into adapter option it said this folder is empty also my i cant turn on or off bluetooth and i cant do anything...
  7. Latest Windows 10 Forced update broke my PC

Latest Windows 10 Forced update broke my PC: Was told today March 13th 2021 that unless I installed latest windows 10 major update then I wouldnt get security support updates. After ages of downloading the PC rebooted but at login it failed to recognise my password. I rebooted and tried again. It worked and logged...
  8. Win 10 laptop the UPDATE 3/10/20

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 laptop the UPDATE 3/10/20: My laptop had Win 10 installed when I bought it 2 yr ago. I installed win 7 card games 'cause I prefer them to recent ver. They worked fine for ~ 2 yr. In Jan came update attempts which failed. In Feb came a new window re. Updates which I kept putting off until later. A few...
  9. Todays forced Windows 10 update broke my PC

Todays forced Windows 10 update broke my PC: Today at around 5PM there was a forced update on my PC. I have until then had no issues on my computer at all. Now though, every time I play any game, the computer abruptly switches off and then restarts. I can load games and get to the main menu fine, but as soon as I hit...
  10. Windows 10 update broke my OS

Windows 10 update broke my OS: So I decided to do a windows update. I'm using windows 10. After it updated for about 2 hours, it would not boot into the OS. I tried rolling back the update using the BIOS settings but I just keep getting error messages, when I set it to "windows rollback" it just boots back...