Windows 10: 3/4 of a screen on start up after latest update.

Discus and support 3/4 of a screen on start up after latest update. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Had this odd thing happen after the latest windows update. I start my comp as normal but when i get to the desktop im getting this... [img] Its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sea skimmer, Aug 12, 2016.

1. 3/4 of a screen on start up after latest update.

Had this odd thing happen after the latest windows update. I start my comp as normal but when i get to the desktop im getting this...

3/4 of a screen on start up after latest update. [​IMG]

Its like a 1/4 of my screen is missing. I went to display and the resolution was my normal 1024x768. So i changed the screen res to its max setting just to see if it would make a difference and it worked fine. I then set the screen back to 1024x768 and problem solved. Now every time i start up i get this 1/4 screen missing and have to go through this routine before i can see the full screen again. As there has been no software or hardware changes and my graphics card is not old im assuming it was the update, Can i revert back to the version before 1607 ? and if so how do i do this ?

:)

sea skimmer, Aug 12, 2016

2. slow computer

after the latest Win 10 update, this month, December 2017, my computer often does not start up but goes into hibernate and will not start until I hard-boot it. For example today i started it and this is what happened: (1) i waited 1:38 mins with a blank
    screen; (2) finally the blue screen came on and 1:52 mins. later the background screen came on (3)had to restart because mouse pointer did not show up (4) 3:20 mins. later the home screen came up and then...(5) the computer responded to a sign-in, however
    when ever an app is selected it takes from 35 to 60 seconds for any action to occur. Please explain what is going/not goin on.

RodNorthcott, Aug 12, 2016
  3. Windows 10

So I was very happy with my laptop because it's usually pretty speedy but after the latest Windows 10 update, it has slowed down tremendously. It takes like 2 minutes to start up just to get to the login page and then another 3-4 minutes after logging
    in to get the desktop up and ready to use. Before this latest update my laptop came on pretty much immediately to the login screen and then after that maybe a minute for the desktop to be up and ready. I've had a MS tech try to help fix it online and after
    hours it helped a little bit but a few weeks later it's still just as slow as ever. I'm really getting frustrated with Microsoft. Anybody have any solutions???

bingham121, Aug 12, 2016
  4. 3/4 of a screen on start up after latest update.

alphanumeric, Aug 12, 2016
  5. Problem solved. Turns out it was the latest video driver messing things up ! I reverted back to the previous one and now all is fine. Updates aren't always good it seems. Thanks for the reply.

sea skimmer, Aug 13, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

3/4 of a screen on start up after latest update.

1. 3/4 of a screen on start up after latest update. - Similar Threads - screen start latest

2. 3 or 4 blue screens a day, W11, got worse after last update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 or 4 blue screens a day, W11, got worse after last update.: https://foundationsoftwareinc-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/r/personal/jtomerlin_mccormicksys_com/Documents/TOMERLIN.zip?csf=1&web=1&e=ksUrOoI've tried hunting down what the issue is, but no luck....
  3. Computer black screen on start-up after not updating it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer black screen on start-up after not updating it: So there was an update that I choose not to because it was late, whenever I do this my laptop has a problem on start up. It will try to to the update, fail I assume… but it will freeze on a black screen before it gets to that process. It usually fixes after 4 restarts,...
  4. PC start-up 4:3

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC start-up 4:3: hello, my windows 10 pc keeps using the aspect ratio 4:3 and turning my monitor back to 60hz when sign into my computer. to fix this i have to keep restarting my computer to get the aspect ratio back to 16:9. Please can you give me advice? Thanks....
  5. Windows not starting after latest update

Windows not starting after latest update: So recently my laptop prompted to restart to complete the updates, which I did but after that my windows is not starting or the repair tool is able to fix it. I would share this log file but it won't even boot in safe mode. I've unplugged the external mouse and keyboard as...
  6. Black Screen After Latest Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen After Latest Update: After installing the latest update not the most recent one, my HP laptop shut down and will not start again. All I get is a black screen. How can I restart Windows 10? Pat...
  7. Black Screen After Latest Update

Black Screen After Latest Update: I started the update to my Win10 Pro last night. The screen said it will take a long time (my words), so I went to bed expecting the latest to be fully installed and ready to go this morning. However, I now have a black screen. Occasionally, I will see my mouse cursor, and...
  8. Latest update & start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest update & start up: So i left my computer to update and shut down over night and in the morning i booted it up and logged in as usual. Im brought up with no desktop or background and a white window loads in with the message, “personalized settings (not responding)”. How do i fix this?...
  9. Black screen after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after latest update: After i install the latest update. It was fine but next time i open my pc i got black screen and a window pop up saying personalize setting not responding please help....
  10. My windows 10 laptop start with 3/4 of screen as black after update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My windows 10 laptop start with 3/4 of screen as black after update: Hi After updating my Yoga 900 Windows to 1607,When I power on the system, 3/4 of the screen is black!! I had to plug in my external monitor so the screen appears fully (4/4). What should I do ? [img] 66252