Windows 10: 3.5 EXT DRIVE PROBLEM

Discus and support 3.5 EXT DRIVE PROBLEM in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I HAVE A 2TB DRIVE IN AN EXTERNAL CADDY,,WHEN I COPY FILES TO IT IT'S RECOCOGNISED BY WIN 10,AND PLAYABLEMOVIES''WHEN I UNPLUG IT AND PUT THE DRIVE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stephenmarshallAU, May 2, 2020.

1. 3.5 EXT DRIVE PROBLEM

I HAVE A 2TB DRIVE IN AN EXTERNAL CADDY,,WHEN I COPY FILES TO IT IT'S RECOCOGNISED BY WIN 10,AND PLAYABLEMOVIES''WHEN I UNPLUG IT AND PUT THE DRIVE THROUGH MY SUMVISION MICRO 2 MULTI MEDIA PLAYER CONNECTED TO TV IT DOES NOT SHOW FILES,,I HAVE 4 OTHER EXTERNAL DRIVES..ONE OF WHICH IS A 3TB THAT ARE SEEN BY MEDIA PLAYER AND ARE PLAYABLE THROUGH TV,,,I FORMATTED THE DRIVE ...WHICH IS RECOGNISED,,BY DRIVE LETTER..I RAN FIX -SCAN THROUGH DISK MANAGEMENT,,AND ALSO THROUGH MY PC...RELOADED DIFF FILES UNPLUGGED AND TRIED AGAIN THROUGH MEDIA PLAYER ON TV,,,STILL NOTHING,,ANY IDEADS ,,,DRIVE IS DRIVING ME NUTS

:)

stephenmarshallAU, May 2, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 2, 2020
  3. little cat, May 2, 2020
  4. Mohan B P Win User

3.5 EXT DRIVE PROBLEM

Toshiba Ext Hard Drive

Hi Tony,

I realize that you are facing the issue connecting the external hard drive in Windows 10, let me assist you.

To assist you better, let us know the following details.

• Which build of Windows 10 is installed in your system?
    • What is the make and model of your system?
    • Do other USB devices are getting connected to the system?

As an initial step if troubleshooting, I suggest you to try connecting the external hard drive through different USB ports and check if it is getting detected, also try connecting the same external hard drive to a different Windows 10 system.

Also, connect the external hard drive to the system and check whether the device is shown in Device Manager.

• Type Device Manager in the Search bar and press
      Enter key.
    • Click on View option and click on Show hidden devices.
    • Check whether the device is shown.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, May 2, 2020
Thema:

3.5 EXT DRIVE PROBLEM

1. 3.5 EXT DRIVE PROBLEM - Similar Threads - EXT DRIVE PROBLEM

2. Black Screen for 3-5 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen for 3-5 seconds: Assembled device having : Windows 10 Pro versionCPU=5600xGPU= Gigabyte eagle 3060tiSDD= 1TB NVMEMotherboard:= Gigabyte B450 Main Monitor: MSI G273Q =2560*1440pMy monitor screen goes black for 3-5 second randomly. It has happened while I was playing games or surfing internet...
  3. Black Screen for 3-5 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen for 3-5 seconds: Assembled device having : Windows 10 Pro versionCPU=5600xGPU= Gigabyte eagle 3060tiSDD= 1TB NVMEMotherboard:= Gigabyte B450 Main Monitor: MSI G273Q =2560*1440pMy monitor screen goes black for 3-5 second randomly. It has happened while I was playing games or surfing internet...
  4. .NET 3 and 5 update failures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET 3 and 5 update failures: I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium and I'm trying to update my copies of .NET 3 and .NET 5. I need these current for my Python work. Every time that Windows Update tries to update these, it fails. I've tried running each singularly or together. Same results. Rebooting and...
  5. Formatting Ext Hard Drive for System Image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Formatting Ext Hard Drive for System Image: I'm using Windows 10 version 1909. If I want to make a system image, can I format the external drive using NTFS, FAT32 or exFAT? Do all three formats work? 175544
  6. Modifying WindowsApps Folder ox Ext Drive

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Modifying WindowsApps Folder ox Ext Drive: Hi. I've been battling for hours to get read/write access to my WindowsApps folder on an external drive. I need to run a patch for RE7 from the root directory to get it to work on my PC but the permissions just won't give me access. I've got visibility of the folders and...
  7. Seagate Ext Drive

Seagate Ext Drive: Just got one...I can't format it? No Einstein here, but I figure out everything......this is cra cra AF....or I may have puffed the magic dragon too much. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/seagate-ext-drive/b63aa0cf-519d-489c-9261-4fded7fd3819
  8. installed Windows10 to Ext drive - lost data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installed Windows10 to Ext drive - lost data: My daughter installed windows 10 onto WD MyBook essential ext harddrive to update from windows 7 on her PC. she downloaded the update from microsoft site. it appears all her saved files and backups were overwritten. is there a way to uninstall and restore her files?...
  9. ?Mount ext drive without unpluging/pluging?

?Mount ext drive without unpluging/pluging?: Win 10 v1803. I have a new external USB 3 hard drive. It is USB powered and has no power switch. I do not want the drive available except when doing a backup so I use the Safely Remove Device facility. However, I can find no way to mount the disk again other than unplugging...
  10. EXT DVD drive won't auto play discs

EXT DVD drive won't auto play discs: Problem after free upgrade with external DVD rw, this is what I did from the Microsoft resolution page, troubshoot hardware and devices, still would not open disc, manual delete upper filters, still not open disc, uninstalled. DVD device showing on the list.........which did...