Windows 10: 3.5 mm audio jack is not working

Discus and support 3.5 mm audio jack is not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm using a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 10 Home Recently my laptop has stopped outputting sound through it's built in 3.5 mm audio jack. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EthanRaborn, Jul 12, 2020.

1. 3.5 mm audio jack is not working

I'm using a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 10 Home

Recently my laptop has stopped outputting sound through it's built in 3.5 mm audio jack. This is normally not a huge deal, as I can just use its bluetooth to connect to my headphones instead. I would, however, like to still use my 3.5 mm when my headphones run low on their battery. I would go to plug my headphones in and nothing happens. I have checked the headphones and the cord connected to them on another device. I have looked inside the jack and found no visible dust or debris. I blew out the jack just to be sure. I then looked under my sound settings and could find no device through my 3.5 mm. I used to get a popup when I plugged something into my 3.5 mm that would let me select what the jack was being used for, but now nothing happens. I went into my troubleshooter and it says that there is no jack information available.

3.5 mm audio jack is not working e3603ba0-8a80-496c-ba33-aed2f78e1773?upload=true.png

I then went into my device manager to see if there was some sort of driver update or something. I couldn't find 3.5 mm under audio inputs and outputs, or under sound, video, and game controllers.

3.5 mm audio jack is not working 4cd4a69e-0895-4442-8049-0b6d36dc7d39?upload=true.png

3.5 mm audio jack is not working 9374491a-0a78-41ab-a8b9-bc4dfda2f170?upload=true.png

Would the driver be located under a different location?

Am I an idiot?

My laptop definitely has a built in 3.5 mm jack that worked in the past just fine. How can I fix it?

Thanks!

:)

EthanRaborn, Jul 12, 2020
  2. Yuvi22398 Win User

3.5 mm jack

can i play my songs with use of 3.5 mm jack. is it safe when i connet with my pc speaker (4.1)

Yuvi22398, Jul 12, 2020
  3. JulesM215 Win User
    3.5 mm jack microphone input

I have an external condenser microphone plugged into my laptop in the 3.5 mm jack and my laptop wont recognize the microphone or let me use it.

JulesM215, Jul 12, 2020
  4. 3.5 mm audio jack is not working

3.5 Headphone jack is missing

Im using a Toshiba Sattilite L755D-s7132 laptop running Windows 10. I have been putting my sound through my home theater system via the 3.5 headphone jack as an output. This config. had been working fine for about a year now. Last week I added a pair of
    Bluetooth headphones (Ausdom M06) and the 3.5 jack vanished from my list of available audio devices. Now as a headphone option the system only lists the Btooth and when I plug in the 3.5 jack the computer doesn't see it, in fact it says it's unplugged. I've
    reinstalled my audio driver(RealTech), lookd in every setting I could find and of course checked windows update. HELP! I can't seem to track this down. Does anybody have an idea or have had the same(similar) issue of what this could be?

ScottCluff, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

3.5 mm audio jack is not working

1. 3.5 mm audio jack is not working - Similar Threads - audio jack working

2. Audio is not working through 3.5 mm jack on case

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio is not working through 3.5 mm jack on case: Hi All,I got a new computer and was put together by a local store.The Bluetooth headset works fine, also a bluetooth speaker works fine, but when I try to use the 3.5 mm audio jack no audio at all.Currently my computer sees NVIDIA as the audio output and the only output.I...
  3. Audio is not working through 3.5 mm jack on case

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio is not working through 3.5 mm jack on case: Hi All,I got a new computer and was put together by a local store.The Bluetooth headset works fine, also a bluetooth speaker works fine, but when I try to use the 3.5 mm audio jack no audio at all.Currently my computer sees NVIDIA as the audio output and the only output.I...
  4. 3.5 mm Audio Jack Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3.5 mm Audio Jack Problem: Hello! I am using Dell Inspiron 15 5502 with windows 11 on it. At first 3.5 mm jack does not respond to the connected device windows 10 shows connected headphones, so no hardware issue. After an update, you can connect hands-free to the laptop and windows detect it once....
  5. 3.5 mm Audio Jack Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3.5 mm Audio Jack Problem: Hello! I am using Dell Inspiron 15 5502 with windows 11 on it. At first 3.5 mm jack does not respond to the connected device windows 10 shows connected headphones, so no hardware issue. After an update, you can connect hands-free to the laptop and windows detect it once....
  6. Audio issues - speakers and audio jack are not working - Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio issues - speakers and audio jack are not working - Surface Laptop 3: I have tried most things i could find to get the speakers and audio jack to work but they will not. I have tried uninstalling the drivers and reseting the pc, checking to see if there are any other audio outputs connected there is not and have factory reset recovery the pc...
  7. 3.5 mm audio jack is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3.5 mm audio jack is not working: I'm using a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 10 Home Recently my laptop has stopped outputting sound through it's built in 3.5 mm audio jack. This is normally not a huge deal, as I can just use its bluetooth to connect to my headphones instead. I would, however, like to...
  8. 3.5 mm jacks do not work on the new motherboard?

3.5 mm jacks do not work on the new motherboard?: Hello, Due to a defective motherboard I had a new one sent to me and installed the latest BIOS which is available for the B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC. The pc is running fine, but my 3,5 mm connectors are not working (incl. visual audio connection via fiber optic cable). I...
  9. 3.5 mm jack not recognizing anything

in Windows 10 Customization
    3.5 mm jack not recognizing anything: The laptop I use is a Dell Inspiron 7573. I found out that the 3.5mm headphone jack can also double as an input for a microphone that I use for gaming purposes. I've done this many times in the past. What usually happens when I plug something into the jack, a little menu...
  10. Realtek HD Audio Microphone not using the 3.5 mm audio jack

Realtek HD Audio Microphone not using the 3.5 mm audio jack: I recently had to reinstall the Realtek audio driver on my laptop and since then the microphone on my headset has not been working. I did some digging and saw that the microphone now recognizes the digital jack, so my onboard microphone still works, but I cannot get it to...