Windows 10: 3.5 mm Headset Jacks Headset and Mic Jack not registering.

Discus and support 3.5 mm Headset Jacks Headset and Mic Jack not registering. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I recently bought some new headphones for my gaming PC MSI gaming plus motherboard, and I've done literally everything to try and solve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TovahWulf, May 23, 2020.

1. TovahWulf Win User

3.5 mm Headset Jacks Headset and Mic Jack not registering.

Hello everyone, I recently bought some new headphones for my gaming PC MSI gaming plus motherboard, and I've done literally everything to try and solve it, but nothing is working. I've updated my bios, I've gone into Device Properties, Device Manager, Sound testing, Restarting, Shutting Down, but it just won't pop up and no audio will play. I've pulled them out and plugged them back in... Yet they work perfectly for my Playstation 4, Apple Laptop and Nintendo Switch. When accessing the properties of the RealtekR sound option, it shows that they're plugged into the front of my PC like they should be. However, when I try to troubleshoot it, the RealtekR vanishes and is replaced with "No Output/Input". I tried contacting the manufacturer and they repeated the basic steps of what I already attempted from my searches. Is there anything else I can do? Or will I have to refresh my whole computer?

:)

TovahWulf, May 23, 2020
  2. CoolioF Win User

Jacks not detecting headset

It gives the response that the device is not plugged in. However I am sure it is. Why would by computer not be detecting the jacks?
    Ty

EDIT: there is a constant low buzzing noise when the headset is plugged into my front jack

CoolioF, May 23, 2020
  3. Wireless 3.5mm headphone/Mic jack

Im looking for something that I can plug a standard PC Headphone and Mic jack cable into from a headset and make it wireless. The Idea is that I would be able to plug the dongle into the PC's head/mic jack and have it powered by battery and the other dongle be battery powered and plug the headset into it. Make the system wireless cause I work at a call center and we are testing throat mics and they use 3.5mm jacks that go to a rj11 phone jack to the phone. I want to beable to go wireless with it too. Word Diagram:

Phone -> RJ11-x2 3.5mm jack -->wireless dongle - - - - - - - - - - - - ->wireless dongle --> Headset x2 3.5mm mic/speaker

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, May 23, 2020
  4. dencal Win User

Jacks not detecting headset

Do note that there is a newly released driver January 22.....see info at top of this Drivers and Hardware Forum.
    Under Sticky Threads.

dencal, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. 3.5 mm Headset Jacks Headset and Mic Jack not registering. - Similar Threads - Headset Jacks Headset

2. Laptop isn't detecting headset mic if plugged in with 3.5mm jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop isn't detecting headset mic if plugged in with 3.5mm jack: I have a Razer Headset that came with a usb adapter but if I plug in the adapter in my usb hub it doesn't work, But I can get sound if I plug it in the 3.5mm port but it doesn't detect my mic and I don't have a extra usb A port in my laptop. Is there a way I can still use the...
  3. Laptop isn't detecting headset mic if plugged in with 3.5mm jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop isn't detecting headset mic if plugged in with 3.5mm jack: I have a Razer Headset that came with a usb adapter but if I plug in the adapter in my usb hub it doesn't work, But I can get sound if I plug it in the 3.5mm port but it doesn't detect my mic and I don't have a extra usb A port in my laptop. Is there a way I can still use the...
  4. Laptop isn't detecting headset mic if plugged in with 3.5mm jack

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. headset mic on 3.5 jack not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset mic on 3.5 jack not working: I bought recently a HP 255 G7 running windows 11 and after a while I found out that the headset mic/audio-in on 3.5 jack is not working. The audio-out is working fine. I have tried many different headsets, tried win11/HP assistance troubleshooters etc, but the issue still...
  6. headset mic on 3.5 jack not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headset mic on 3.5 jack not working: I bought recently a HP 255 G7 running windows 11 and after a while I found out that the headset mic/audio-in on 3.5 jack is not working. The audio-out is working fine. I have tried many different headsets, tried win11/HP assistance troubleshooters etc, but the issue still...
  7. Single jack headset with undetected mic

Single jack headset with undetected mic: So I got a single jack headset with a built-in microphone. There is only a single jack but there are 2 ports. So is there any way to get the audio output and the microphone to work at the same time properly? without buying a cable adapter?...
  8. Headset isn't recognized via 3.5 mm combo jack

Headset isn't recognized via 3.5 mm combo jack: I have an acer Aspire E 15 laptop with a combo jack. When I plug in my razer Kraken Pro V2 headset that is compatible with combo jacks it isn't recognized by my computer. I have the latest drivers and have tried looking for hidden/disabled devices to no avail. The only other...
  9. Headset, inputting mic and headset jacks through headphone splitter. Not working on this...

Headset, inputting mic and headset jacks through headphone splitter. Not working on this...: Using microphone and headphones from same input through a headphone splitter. Works on different laptop, but doesn't work on my newer one because of Realtek not having an option to apply both at same time my other laptop doesn't have Realtek My device: Strix 17 GL703GE...
  10. Jacks not detecting headset

Jacks not detecting headset: I recentley did a complete reinstall of Windows 10 onto my computer, deleting everything else on the drives along with it. However now when I plug my headset into either the front or rear jacks Windows is not detecting anything. I have installed the newest Realtek HD Audio...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my headset isnt working when plugged into the mictrophone jackl

2. windows 3.5 mm as headphone and microphone

3. windows 10 wont pick up headset mic 3.5mm jack