Windows 10: 3.5 mm jack not recognizing anything

Discus and support 3.5 mm jack not recognizing anything in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The laptop I use is a Dell Inspiron 7573. I found out that the 3.5mm headphone jack can also double as an input for a microphone that I use for gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JBarbot, Sep 28, 2019.

1. JBarbot Win User

3.5 mm jack not recognizing anything

The laptop I use is a Dell Inspiron 7573. I found out that the 3.5mm headphone jack can also double as an input for a microphone that I use for gaming purposes. I've done this many times in the past.

What usually happens when I plug something into the jack, a little menu pops up asking me what I just plugged in. It usually lists stuff like "Small Headphones", "Big Headphones", "External Speakers", and "Microphone Input", or something like that. Now suddenly when I went to go plug my microphone back in, that menu didn't pop up. I thought that I may have set the "Microphone In" as my default, so it just wouldn't pop up. I went into the sound settings So I could test the microphone just to make sure that it would work, but it wasn't showing up in the microphone options, only my built-in mic was there.

Long story short, I tried multiple different headphones to see if my laptop would even recognize that there was something plugged into the jack. After none of those worked, I searched online for what I could do to fix this. I guess other people have had the same problem that I have, but none of their solutions worked. Also, RealTech isn't an option in my settings, so I must not have it. Everything else that the articles suggested wouldn't fix it either. I tried restarting the laptop and it still wouldn't work. So, I'm at a loss right now. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

:)

JBarbot, Sep 28, 2019
  2. JulesM215 Win User

3.5 mm jack microphone input

I have an external condenser microphone plugged into my laptop in the 3.5 mm jack and my laptop wont recognize the microphone or let me use it.

JulesM215, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Yuvi22398 Win User
    3.5 mm jack

can i play my songs with use of 3.5 mm jack. is it safe when i connet with my pc speaker (4.1)

Yuvi22398, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

1. 3.5 mm jack not recognizing anything - Similar Threads - jack recognizing anything

2. 3.5mm jack is not functioning - not recognized when anything is plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3.5mm jack is not functioning - not recognized when anything is plugged in: 3.5 mm jack just stopped functioning - regardless of what is plugged in headsets that function on other devicesI have checked the sound setting and the appear to be correct. How can I troubleshoot the port?...
  3. 3.5mm jack is not functioning - not recognized when anything is plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3.5mm jack is not functioning - not recognized when anything is plugged in: 3.5 mm jack just stopped functioning - regardless of what is plugged in headsets that function on other devicesI have checked the sound setting and the appear to be correct. How can I troubleshoot the port?...
  4. 3.5 mm Audio Jack Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3.5 mm Audio Jack Problem: Hello! I am using Dell Inspiron 15 5502 with windows 11 on it. At first 3.5 mm jack does not respond to the connected device windows 10 shows connected headphones, so no hardware issue. After an update, you can connect hands-free to the laptop and windows detect it once....
  5. 3.5 mm Audio Jack Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3.5 mm Audio Jack Problem: Hello! I am using Dell Inspiron 15 5502 with windows 11 on it. At first 3.5 mm jack does not respond to the connected device windows 10 shows connected headphones, so no hardware issue. After an update, you can connect hands-free to the laptop and windows detect it once....
  6. Unresponsive Jack 3,5 mm headphones, earphones and microphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unresponsive Jack 3,5 mm headphones, earphones and microphones: Hello...This will probably earn me a hit in the nape, but I tried fixing a microphone issue.My Laptol dell g3 3579 with Nvidia GTX 1050 and Geforce had this issue initially with a non-read microphone from a headset, something that I didn't notice until I was informed that my...
  7. 3.5 mm audio jack is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3.5 mm audio jack is not working: I'm using a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 10 Home Recently my laptop has stopped outputting sound through it's built in 3.5 mm audio jack. This is normally not a huge deal, as I can just use its bluetooth to connect to my headphones instead. I would, however, like to...
  8. 3.5 mm audio jack is not working

3.5 mm audio jack is not working: I'm using a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 10 Home Recently my laptop has stopped outputting sound through it's built in 3.5 mm audio jack. This is normally not a huge deal, as I can just use its bluetooth to connect to my headphones instead. I would, however, like to...
  9. 3.5 mm Headset Jacks Headset and Mic Jack not registering.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3.5 mm Headset Jacks Headset and Mic Jack not registering.: Hello everyone, I recently bought some new headphones for my gaming PC MSI gaming plus motherboard, and I've done literally everything to try and solve it, but nothing is working. I've updated my bios, I've gone into Device Properties, Device Manager, Sound testing,...
  10. Headset isn't recognized via 3.5 mm combo jack

Headset isn't recognized via 3.5 mm combo jack: I have an acer Aspire E 15 laptop with a combo jack. When I plug in my razer Kraken Pro V2 headset that is compatible with combo jacks it isn't recognized by my computer. I have the latest drivers and have tried looking for hidden/disabled devices to no avail. The only other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 3.5 mm jack not recognized on computer

2. my computer wont reconize 3.5 mm headphone jack