Windows 10: 3.5mm front panel headphone jack broken??

Discus and support 3.5mm front panel headphone jack broken?? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday my speakers were working fine. Today i just turned on my PC and noticed a x symbol on the volume button down in the taskbar. I clicked to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bluecew, Sep 30, 2018.

1. bluecew Win User

3.5mm front panel headphone jack broken??

Yesterday my speakers were working fine. Today i just turned on my PC and noticed a x symbol on the volume button down in the taskbar. I clicked to troubleshoot it, but there was no option to troubleshoot the front panel, only the rear panel ones. I tried unplugging and replugging. Tried restarting my computer. I troubleshooted it again, there was still no option. I played some audio, there was no sound coming out of my speakers. Then i unplugged the speakers and tried it with different headphones. I played some audio but couldn't hear anything through my headphones. My computer is only 2 years old. I have not installed or updated anything in the last couple of days. I haven't tried the rear panel, only the front panel i think the headphone jack is broken. I tried both front panel USB 3.0 ports and they still work. I don't have a mic so i can't try the mic port. I have no idea how to replace a PC part, what should i do?

3.5mm front panel headphone jack broken?? cfb7dec4-1ec6-4039-9d40-5d35fcee7107?upload=true.png

I also saw something weird when i right clicked on the sound icon:

3.5mm front panel headphone jack broken?? 83513711-7165-4003-b1c7-85b044ada931?upload=true.png

:)

bluecew, Sep 30, 2018

2. Front panel jack doesn't detect Headphones

Hi,

In the previous versions of Windows, this feature is auto detected. To better assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Have you tried connecting a different headphones to the front panel jack?
    • Did the PC detect the headphones when it was connected at the back panel jack?
    • Did you encounter an error message, when the headphones are connected to front panel jack?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Robert Caw, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Headphones broke off in jack and now is glued in

online pharmacy in india

the best solution would be the following:
    requirements:
    1. super glue
    2. a thin strong metal piece or the original broken part
    3. steady hands

steps:
    1. put the glue on the top of the metal piece OR the broken part of the headphone
    1.1 do not put too much as it may cause attaching to parts that you don't need
    2. put the piece inside the jack
    3. wait until you are confindent that it is bonded
    4. remove the piece

americanlifestyle7, Sep 30, 2018
  4. 3.5mm front panel headphone jack broken??

Headphone Connection

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that the headphones are not working when you connect then through the jack on your Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query. I would appreciate if you could help us with more information

• Have you checked plugging the headphone to a different jack on the same computer?

• Have you checked if any other sound device work fine when plugged to the problematic jack?

This issue might be occurring due to incompatible drivers or broken jack. There might be a possibility that the headphone is not compatible with windows 10 operating system. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned
    steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter

The built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with
    the display adapter. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter do not fix
    the issue then I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers and reboot the computer to get the updated drivers installed for the headphone. Please follow below mentioned steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Device Manager and select the audio input and output drivers
    • Right click on driver that appears after plugging the headphone and click on uninstall
    • After uninstalling, unplug the headphone and restart the computer
    • Plugging the headphone again and the computer will detect the updates drivers automatically.

Now check if the headphones work on the computer or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

3.5mm front panel headphone jack broken??

1. 3.5mm front panel headphone jack broken?? - Similar Threads - 5mm front panel

2. front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...: my front panel jack doesnt work because the option ' disable front panel jack ' is enabled in the realtek audio console but i thought it would help me if i deleted it realtek audibut it made it worse and now i cant download the realtek audio console cause my microsoft store...
  3. front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...: my front panel jack doesnt work because the option ' disable front panel jack ' is enabled in the realtek audio console but i thought it would help me if i deleted it realtek audibut it made it worse and now i cant download the realtek audio console cause my microsoft store...
  4. front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 5mm front panel mic not working properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5mm front panel mic not working properly.: I have a front panel 5mm audio jack input for 4 pin Audio and Mic handfree earphone, the earphone work fine in my cellphone. In the computer only audio; the mic sounds with a lot of static and I dont hear my voice not even a little bit. I try to:-Chance all the settings in...
  6. 5mm front panel mic not working properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    5mm front panel mic not working properly.: I have a front panel 5mm audio jack input for 4 pin Audio and Mic handfree earphone, the earphone work fine in my cellphone. In the computer only audio; the mic sounds with a lot of static and I dont hear my voice not even a little bit. I try to:-Chance all the settings in...
  7. 5mm front panel mic not working properly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. CANNOT Get Front Panel Jack to Work, NOR Disable Front Jack Detection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CANNOT Get Front Panel Jack to Work, NOR Disable Front Jack Detection: [ATTACH] I've been wrestling with this **** all day and I'm very frustrated, to say the least. I've never had much of a problem with Windows 10 and I tend to like it, for the most part... But, now that Realtek's decided to stop ******* supporting its HD Audio Manager and...
  9. Front Panel Jack not working

Front Panel Jack not working: From the past versions of windows 10, my front jack (headphones) is working. Then when i installed the new update. The front jack cant be read or detect. Please help me so that i can listen peacefully. submitted by /u/johnbarillo18 [link] [comments]...
  10. Front panel headphone jack isnt working in Sahara P35 case

Front panel headphone jack isnt working in Sahara P35 case: Hey, my front panel headphone jack doesn’t recognise when I plug in headphones at all can someone tell me my? My case is Sahara P35. submitted by /u/Phatgodd69 [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 3.5mm on computer broken

2. faulty headphone jack front pc

3. windows 10 need to restart to get front pannel 3.5 mm jack back

4. front panel 3.5Mm Headphone Jack pc,
  5. front 3.5mm port device manager,
  6. front audio 3.5mm static,
  7. 3.5 mm earphone port damaged,
  8. front panel 3.5mm jack not working,
  9. front panel jack info,
  10. 3.5mm computer control panel