Windows 10: 3.5mm microphone not working

Discus and support 3.5mm microphone not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I plug any microphone into my 3.5mm jack at the back of my pc there is no audio input just static. USB microphones such as the inter-grated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jakerhodes2, Dec 5, 2021.

1. 3.5mm microphone not working

Whenever I plug any microphone into my 3.5mm jack at the back of my pc there is no audio input just static. USB microphones such as the inter-grated microphone in the oculus quest work fine; my speakers which use a 3.5mm jack also work fine.I reprogrammed my 3.5mm ports in Realtek and both ports work fine, I have also updated and re downloaded my microphone drivers. I have spent hours troubleshooting every problem, the only thing I haven’t done is update my bios

:)

jakerhodes2, Dec 5, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 5, 2021
  3. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 5, 2021
  4. Junaid_A Win User

3.5mm microphone not working

External microphone does not work

Hi Zarbab,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the microphone being in a disabled state. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Control Panel and categorize to view by
      Small Icons.
    • Click on Speech Recognition and navigate to
      Advanced Speech Options > Microphone > Advanced
    • Check Real Conexant HD Audio, save the changes and exit
      Control Panel.
    • Restart the machine to see if the microphone works.

Meanwhile, you may also want to go through the troubleshooting suggestions given in the following articles and see if they help:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 5, 2021
Thema:

3.5mm microphone not working

1. 3.5mm microphone not working - Similar Threads - 5mm microphone working

2. 5mm front panel mic not working properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5mm front panel mic not working properly.: I have a front panel 5mm audio jack input for 4 pin Audio and Mic handfree earphone, the earphone work fine in my cellphone. In the computer only audio; the mic sounds with a lot of static and I dont hear my voice not even a little bit. I try to:-Chance all the settings in...
  3. 5mm front panel mic not working properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    5mm front panel mic not working properly.: I have a front panel 5mm audio jack input for 4 pin Audio and Mic handfree earphone, the earphone work fine in my cellphone. In the computer only audio; the mic sounds with a lot of static and I dont hear my voice not even a little bit. I try to:-Chance all the settings in...
  4. 5mm front panel mic not working properly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working: I have a personal computer that is two years old and recently started using it for gaming. I got a gaming headset with a microphone and the PC registered it downloading the drivers and so and says that it is working perfectly fine. However, when I try to input any sound, the...
  6. Microphone Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Not Working: So long story short. my microphone stopped working. it stopped working today but yesterday it was fine i tried looking for answers about this but nothing worked! i tried: enabling / disabling the microphone, changing default devices, unplugging / plugging the microphone,...
  7. Internal microphones Realtek stopped working in past 3 days.

Internal microphones Realtek stopped working in past 3 days.: Microphone does not work in Zoom or an online card game but does work in other apps. Recommended troubleshooting has not solved the problem. My laptop is an HP Pavilion Notebook running Win 10, all updates installed. Two driver updates were installed on the day it stopped...
  8. microphone not working

microphone not working: so I got a usb microphone about a week and a half ago and it worked for about 5 days then then when I got on my pc it no longer worked Ive tried everything but is says nothing is wrong but its not working...
  9. Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone not working: After few weeks i sat on my chair to play some games with my friends and chat on Discord, but all of a sudden they cant hear me, aka, my microphone doesnt work anymore, i have switched them and went to control panel, everything is on and as before, but my mic doesnt work, can...
  10. Microphone not working

Microphone not working: My microphone is not working and it says it is working properly. What can I do to resolve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-not-working/3c4c67b0-9ede-4f2e-9887-c4c81ed8fca9