Windows 10: 3-8gb of ram being used constantly outside of the logged in user.

Discus and support 3-8gb of ram being used constantly outside of the logged in user. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I need some help on this issue and the only fix I can find is a factory reset. I have this issue with both of my computers. where windows is using a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by reptie4, Apr 29, 2020.

1. reptie4 Win User

3-8gb of ram being used constantly outside of the logged in user.

I need some help on this issue and the only fix I can find is a factory reset. I have this issue with both of my computers. where windows is using a large amount of ram somewhere that does not show in task manager or resource monitor, The issue is it won't give up this memory and the more I use, sometimes up to 8 gigs can show up outside of the logged-in user. This is isn't a big problem for my laptop but my desktop only has 8gb of ramwhich should be plenty, so gaming performance is terrible because it runs out of ram. This is because of this 5gb being used somewhere I can't find., sometimes games will crash upon launch because the system has run out of memory.

3-8gb of ram being used constantly outside of the logged in user. [​IMG]3-8gb of ram being used constantly outside of the logged in user. [​IMG]

:)

reptie4, Apr 29, 2020
  2. prashii Win User

Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, Apr 29, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    Do I really need 8gb RAM?

RAM Speed is more important when it comes to APU's. 1600mhz is standard, 1866mhz is a decent step up, most of us ignore 1333mhz. Timings are more important than speed to me. Id rather have CL9 1600mhz than CL11 2400mhz

RCoon, Apr 29, 2020
  4. 3-8gb of ram being used constantly outside of the logged in user.

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

3-8gb of ram being used constantly outside of the logged in user.

1. 3-8gb of ram being used constantly outside of the logged in user. - Similar Threads - 8gb ram being

2. Upgraded 8GB of Ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded 8GB of Ram: Below is my Lap Top Specs. I just upgraded my Ram I added 8 GB of RAM. I am still having the same problem that my computer locks up. I have to hit ctrl + alt and delete to get back to normal. I have made my virtual memory larger but still the problem still exists. Any help...
  3. Upgraded 8GB of Ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded 8GB of Ram: Below is my Lap Top Specs. I just upgraded my Ram I added 8 GB of RAM. I am still having the same problem that my computer locks up. I have to hit ctrl + alt and delete to get back to normal. I have made my virtual memory larger but still the problem still exists. Any help...
  4. Xbox app using 8gb of ram, is this normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox app using 8gb of ram, is this normal?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/John_CL [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jjdknx/xbox_app_using_8gb_of_ram_is_this_normal/
  5. Windows using 7-8GB of ram idle

Windows using 7-8GB of ram idle: Even after a fresh reinstall windows 10 is using between 7-8GB just idling without any extra applications installed. It doesn't really affect performance, but it's just annoying when many other people only have it using 3-4GB idle. What can be done to stop it from using so...
  6. 8gb ram can only be used for 4?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    8gb ram can only be used for 4?: Hello, I have 8 GB ram in my PC, but I can only use 4 or 3.99 GB. I tried a lot of things like msconfig which set the maximum memory to 8000 but it did not help Hab 4x2GB from Samsung 8gb ram kann aber nur 4nutzen?
  7. Windows is using 92% of 8gb ram and climbing?

Windows is using 92% of 8gb ram and climbing?: HOW DO I STOP IT?! This is after a fresh install! It's lagging! Okay, so Android Studio was using 44%, but that is to be expected. Why is Windows allowing itself to use so much RAM that it starts lagging?! This was not a problem before the fresh install. Chrome was using...
  8. RAM being used on nothing?

RAM being used on nothing?: [ATTACH] Basically, I checked task manager and it says 50% of my RAM is being used, I calculated all the apps running and in total it should only be taking like 4GB. I got 16gb of RAM, also like 7GB of the RAM is being cached and it does not decrease even when my RAM is at...
  9. Ram Not being used.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ram Not being used.: Hello i have a windows 10 desktop HP 110-014 Desktop PC (ENERGY STAR) Model #: H5P35AA Model Name: 110-014 HD Bus Type: Serial ATA-300 Standard Memory: 4096 MB Max Memory: 32768 MB Number of Sockets: 2 Memory Comments: PC3-12800 1066Mhz DDR3 SDRAM DIMM 240-pin I...
  10. 8gb RAM?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8gb RAM?: Iam thinking of going to 8gb or RAM. Problem is I have 4 RAM slots on my motherboard and if I did buy the ram I'd get 2x4gb sticks. Would this make any difference? Would it work? 40075