Windows 10: 3 BSOD in three days, memtest86 shows errors, am I sure it's the ram ?

Discus and support 3 BSOD in three days, memtest86 shows errors, am I sure it's the ram ? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My computer worked fine no BSOD for years. On the last months I a had some BSOD, and then I had three in three day. All last three about memory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PierrePGR, Oct 6, 2020.

1. PierrePGR Win User

3 BSOD in three days, memtest86 shows errors, am I sure it's the ram ?

Hi,

My computer worked fine no BSOD for years. On the last months I a had some BSOD, and then I had three in three day.

All last three about memory management. I have neither new hardware nor new software except windows and may be avast updates.

My config :

• Windows 10 fully updated
    • Mother board ASUS P8P67 with 2x4G RAM

I launched MdSched various times, no error detected. I tried memtest86 and it appears I have a lot of errorssee images

Is my RAM dying ? or could it be an avast problem as I read here ?

Any other test I should do ?

Hereafter an extract from the last 3 minidump files here are the full

Thanks for any help.

Mini dump extracts

Debug session time: Mon Oct 5 19:47:40.485 2020 UTC + 2:00

System Uptime: 1 days 1:36:51.757

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 1a

# Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined.

Arguments:

Arg1: 0000000000041792, A corrupt PTE has been detected. Parameter 2 contains the address of

the PTE. Parameters 3/4 contain the low/high parts of the PTE.

BLACKBOXWINLOGON: 1

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

PROCESS_NAME: AvastBrowser.exe

Debug session time: Sun Oct 4 17:19:33.255 2020 UTC + 2:00

System Uptime: 0 days 17:39:31.717

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 1a

Arguments:

Arg1: 0000000000041792, A corrupt PTE has been detected. Parameter 2 contains the address of

Arg2: ffff80809f988a28

MODULE_NAME: hardware

IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption

Debug session time: Sat Oct 3 22:57:08.739 2020 UTC + 2:00

System Uptime: 5 days 0:27:12.076

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 1a

Arguments:

Arg2: ffffc2ce9d683a28

MODULE_NAME: hardware

IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption

:)

PierrePGR, Oct 6, 2020

2. Crossfire - 2900XT - BSOD above 5GB RAM

Many thanks for suggestions:

- memtest86+1.7.iso was used and showed all 8GB OK
    - Now tried all combinations for the Crossfire internal bridges - no change to memory being reported

So, I have a Crossfire-enabled system but cannot get it to run above 5gb and when 8GB worth of RAM is inserted it BSODs.

Any further suggestions welcome...

collinsray, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Frequent BSODS

HI,

We can't be sure if it's the cause of all BSOD errors, I think we should wait if your PC will encounter a new BSOD error after avast is uninstalled. I suggest for now that you try to test your RAM/Memory using Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool or MEMTest86.

Paul Navera, Oct 7, 2020
  4. coonbro Win User

LOTS OF ERRORS on Passmark memtest86 v7.1

best to run each stick individually / one at a time in each slot if it passes in first slot move to the next and so on then the next stick the same [ helps insure you don't have a bad slot or your not setting the memory fully in the slot kinda thing and show what stick is bad of the 2 if one is ] improperly seated memory will error

be sure you got the latest revision of memtest 86 or memtest 86+ [looks pretty out dated on the 86+ ] you show on memtest 86 7.1 but its '' MemTest86 V7.5 Free Edition Download (also includes V4 for old machines)''

my 4670 with 2x8 1600's ran out fine after 12 hrs on each stick under there XMP setting so it should work with yours [ booted off pen drive and or a dvd iso ] ''
    choose the correct one you want to use .

anyway I used a older copy I had and nothing passed sticks were not supported under it so use that latest

MemTest86 - Download now!

if one stick cant pass with 2 trys its RMA I just had a gskill rma of a old kit of there and it was simple and easy took like 3 days to get it there and near overnight to get a new kit back from them .

just default any overclocking and set the xmp and run it a bad oc will throw a lot of errors on good parts

I pass that hammer test everytime , but they did claim a issues with it at one time , so you'd think they fixed it by now

''Why am I only getting errors during Test 13 Hammer Test?

''a significant number of RAM modules manufactured 2010 or newer are affected by this defect. In simple terms, susceptible RAM modules can be subjected to disturbance errors when repeatedly accessing addresses in the same memory bank but different rows in a short period of time.''

key wording ''''a significant number of RAM modules manufactured 2010 or newer are affected by this defect'' as in defective memory you bought or own

PassMark MemTest86 - Memory Diagnostic Tool - Troublingshooting Memory Errors

good luck

coonbro, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

1. 3 BSOD in three days, memtest86 shows errors, am I sure it's the ram ? - Similar Threads - BSOD three days

2. Memtest86 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memtest86 error: ive had bsod since i got my pc and i have tried everything i thought it was a HID or gpu or cpu. but today i tried running memtest86 and it said failed too many errors can someone help me. i have two 16gb sticks of kingston fury ramScreenshots of the...
  3. Memtest86 error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memtest86 error: ive had bsod since i got my pc and i have tried everything i thought it was a HID or gpu or cpu. but today i tried running memtest86 and it said failed too many errors can someone help me. i have two 16gb sticks of kingston fury ramScreenshots of the...
  4. BSOD - Various errors & ran memtest86

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Various errors & ran memtest86: Hey guys,I’m having a big problem with my less than 1 month old gaming pc. I’ve just recently started getting blue screens constantly after a recent Corsair iCUE update and brand new secondary drive install. I could boot into windows yesterday, but now I can’t even boot into...
  5. BSOD - Various errors & ran memtest86

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - Various errors & ran memtest86: Hey guys,I’m having a big problem with my less than 1 month old gaming pc. I’ve just recently started getting blue screens constantly after a recent Corsair iCUE update and brand new secondary drive install. I could boot into windows yesterday, but now I can’t even boot into...
  6. BSOD - Various errors & ran memtest86

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. i am not sure what this error is.

i am not sure what this error is.: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 2021-06-20 5:45:10 PM Event ID: 411 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-35L51FQ Description: Device...
  8. Every day for three years... bsod

Every day for three years... bsod: My computer bluescreens everyday, I get every kind of crash report out there. Three long years of comp sci kids trying to help me, a few hours long MEMTEST when I built it the thing, and another a few weeks ago. If I want to use my computer for anything intensive I have to...
  9. 3 BSOD's in the last 3 days

3 BSOD's in the last 3 days: Hello, I've been getting BSOD's every day since 3 days ago. The first one had the "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" error, as well as the third one. The second one was the "IRQL_unexpected_variable" error. According to BlueScreenView, the 1st and 3rd BSOD's were caused by Ntoskrnl.exe, and...
  10. MemTest86+ - Test RAM

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM: How to: MemTest86+ - Test RAM MemTest86+ - Test RAM With [img] MemTest86+ is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that: RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it There are no errors when...