Windows 10: 3 BSODs in the past month and looking for assistance

Discus and support 3 BSODs in the past month and looking for assistance in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello,I have gotten 3 different bluescreens in the past month. I have used my computer for dozens of hours in-between. Typically BIOS/windows/drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrandonYoungblood, Aug 18, 2021.

1. 3 BSODs in the past month and looking for assistance

Hello,I have gotten 3 different bluescreens in the past month. I have used my computer for dozens of hours in-between. Typically BIOS/windows/drivers are always latest or just one behind. No major changes to my setup. I did change my RAM from 3600 to 3200 as AMD states that Ryzen 9 3900xt only supports 3200.PC specifications and dumps are in the following google drive folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14oOUSMPSekxlEMrRTddm79x_gzXiFv_l?usp=sharingThe latest one I had JUST turned my PC on, was in a discord call watching twitch with no other processes.

:)

BrandonYoungblood, Aug 18, 2021
  2. Memox Win User

UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION at random, everyday, for the past 3 months

Hello philc43 and thank you for your reply. Upon viewing both the programs you suggested, I don't know which are the actual tests I need to do, nor which screenshots you want in particular. That's why I tried pretty much everything that didn't seem risky, lol. Please let me know if you need anything else; thanks again.

Seatools:
    - Short Generic resulted in a "Pass" (both SSDs).
    - Short Drive Self Test resulted in a "Pass" (both SSDs).
    - SMART resulted in a "Pass" (both SSDs).

HD Tune Pro:
    - Error Scan for both SSDs resulted in green squares
    - Health status is "ok" for both SSDs
    - KINGSTON SA400S37480G Benchmark (First SSD)
    Test capacity: full
    Transfer Rate Minimum : 3.4 MB/s
    Transfer Rate Maximum : 100.1 MB/s
    Transfer Rate Average : 29.7 MB/s
    Access Time : 0.964 ms
    Burst Rate : 72.7 MB/s
    CPU Usage : 3.8%
    - KINGSTON SA400S37480G Benchmark (Second SSD)
    Test capacity: full
    Transfer Rate Minimum : 5.4 MB/s
    Transfer Rate Maximum : 402.5 MB/s
    Transfer Rate Average : 231.0 MB/s
    Access Time : 0.206 ms
    Burst Rate : 64.3 MB/s
    CPU Usage : 2.7%

Windows Memory Diagnostic:
    - No errors found

CrystalDiskInfo:
    - Health is "Good" for both SSDs

Screenshots:

3 BSODs in the past month and looking for assistance [​IMG]

Memox, Aug 18, 2021
  3. Memox Win User
    UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION at random, everyday, for the past 3 months

And this is HD Tune. Sorry for the delay, I have a few busy days ahead so I'll upload the memtest ASAP. However, I have two things I want to mention in the meantime. First of all, I didn't have any BSODs in the past few days and the only thing I've changed was to move the keyboard from a USB port to another. Second of all, there was a technician who mentioned the following errors:

Code:
    Why would my system reference a device that does not exist? Upon closer inspection, we found out this driver:

Code:
    I know that DT can cause BSODs, especially when the system tries to reference a virtual disk when it has been removed... However, I've uninstalled DT way before the BSODs started. Is there a way to remove this driver too?

Sorry for derailing your suggestions, I'll try to go back on-topic when I have the memtest logs/images. Have a good day.

Memox, Aug 18, 2021
  4. 3 BSODs in the past month and looking for assistance

BSOD roughly 3 times per month

Hello, my computer has been blue-screening roughly 3 times per month since October 2018. I don't know much about how to go about searching for the cause, but I did start collecting memory mini-dumps.

2019-01-04 dump:

BugcheckCode 292, Parameter 1 = 0x0

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AphKGS-86UWxkk5FXwR8J8fsWHdq

2019-01-03 dump:

BugcheckCode 292, Parameter 1 = 0x0
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AphKGS-86UWxkklW6sANCfY55MdV

Specs:

• Windows 10 Home 64-bit (Build 17134)
    • Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4GHz, currently not overclocked
    • ASUS R9 280 Series 3GB
    • Corsair Vengeance Pro, 2x 8GB
    • Western Digital 1TB Black HDD
    • Corsair HX850i

Other notes:

I only have Windows Defender (fully up to date) and Malwarebytes (Free 3.2.2, PC scanned 4 weeks ago).

From what I have found in Event Viewer, both of these are BugcheckCode 292 with a Parameter 1 of 0x0. That seems to indicate WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, "fatal hardware error" and "machine check exception".

In the last 3 months:

• 5 out of 9 BSODs are listed as BugcheckCode 292.
    • 3 out of 9 are listed as BugcheckCode 0. I cannot find any information about this.
    • 1 is listed as BugcheckCode 24, and as it was an isolated case from two months ago, it is probably irrelevant

I put the computer to sleep mode frequently due to slow boot times. However, on rare occasion when attempting to wake the computer, I will hear the PC case fans rev up for half of a second, then the entire PC returns to sleep mode. When this happens, it
    takes 3-6 attempts to wake the PC. I suspect the hardware error occurring may be a dying PSU. It also seems to coincide with when I am using 8+ GB of RAM, but that's not always the case. Still, it could be a RAM problem.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

FailsWithTails, Aug 18, 2021
Thema:

3 BSODs in the past month and looking for assistance

1. 3 BSODs in the past month and looking for assistance - Similar Threads - BSODs past month

2. Computer Crashed 3 Times in Past Month

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Crashed 3 Times in Past Month: Hello everyone. My computer has been randomly crashing for the past 2 months when gaming. It has had 3 major crashes.The first crash was a kernel error blue screen. It took several reboots to work. The second crash fully shut down my computer and turned the cpu light on, on...
  3. Computer Crashed 3 Times in Past Month

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Crashed 3 Times in Past Month: Hello everyone. My computer has been randomly crashing for the past 2 months when gaming. It has had 3 major crashes.The first crash was a kernel error blue screen. It took several reboots to work. The second crash fully shut down my computer and turned the cpu light on, on...
  4. Computer Crashed 3 Times in Past Month

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Mystery Charge for the past 3 months.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Mystery Charge for the past 3 months.: Because this literally isn't the first time this has happened to me from Microsoft and pretty tired of it - mystery charges to my account for what seems like a subscription that I don't even know I have. And as well it does not show up on my order history or Microsoft account...
  6. constant BSODs for the past 3 months

constant BSODs for the past 3 months: Hello! I've been having random BSODs for the past 3 months, ever since I repasted my CPU and transferred it to a different case. I've changed my RAM three times, and my GPU once from AMD to Nvidia. I've had times where I would not experience a BSOD in a span of a few days...
  7. UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION at random, everyday, for the past 3 months

UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION at random, everyday, for the past 3 months: Hello and thank you in advance. The BSOD in question is often UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION and it changes very rarely. Since the PC in question is semi-new (only 1 year) and it has been treated meticulously, I don't think it's an hardware problem. I suspect it's due to corrupt...
  8. Multiple BSOD past month

Multiple BSOD past month: Hello, I've made several questions concerning blue screen errors that I have been receiving the past month or 2. The most reoccurring is "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE". I have multiple minidump files that I will link here. I received a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE error...
  9. Frequent BSOD'S for the past 4 months

Frequent BSOD'S for the past 4 months: Windows 10 OS BUILD 19041.572 The bsod's have begun around 4 months ago and i have been reccuring almost daily.I have reinstalled windows 4 times so far with no avail.I have done stress tests on cpu,hdd and ram memory so far with no leads besides the laptop freezing during...
  10. BSOD - Plagued with a lot for the past month

BSOD - Plagued with a lot for the past month: My computer stopped working all of a sudden about a month ago when the screen froze whilst I was watching Netflix. I tried turning the cumputer on but the power light would come on and then after 2 seconds it would turn off. I left it for an hour and swapped the memory around...