Windows 10: 3 CD Drives - Error When Ripping Simultaneously

Discus and support 3 CD Drives - Error When Ripping Simultaneously in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; First of all, not sure where to post this, so I dropped it here. When I'm ripping CDs, I use Windows Media Player. Usually, I'll put a CD in each of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JOSHSKORN, Apr 19, 2019.

1. JOSHSKORN Win User

3 CD Drives - Error When Ripping Simultaneously

First of all, not sure where to post this, so I dropped it here.

When I'm ripping CDs, I use Windows Media Player. Usually, I'll put a CD in each of my 3 CD drives and rip them all at once. It's been happening lately, but intermittently, when I attempt to rip the CD, every track listed on the CD comes out with an error. So far, the solution has been to use only one drive for ripping. I'm also not sure if this is consistent or not, but it seems to work fine, all 3 drives dripping simultaneously until after the first rip.

So, I don't know if this is a problem with Windows 10, Windows Media Player, or if my CD drives are just plugged in, incorrectly. Any advice?

:)

JOSHSKORN, Apr 19, 2019
  2. Rhen Pal Win User

RIP CDs

Hi,

We suggest that you perform these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Press "Windows" + "E" button on the keyboard.
    • Go to "View > Navigation pane" and select "Show libraries".
    • Now in the navigation pane, right-click on the "Music" library under "Libraries" and select "Delete".
    • Now right-click on the "Libraries" and select "Restore default libraries".
    • Now try to rip.

We also suggest that you refer to this link. Burn and rip CDs.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Apr 19, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Apr 19, 2019
  4. 3 CD Drives - Error When Ripping Simultaneously

Andre Da Costa, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

3 CD Drives - Error When Ripping Simultaneously

1. 3 CD Drives - Error When Ripping Simultaneously - Similar Threads - Drives Error Ripping

2. WMP error when trying to rip a CD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMP error when trying to rip a CD: I'm trying to rip a relatively old CD, and for some reason, WMP returns the "Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD." error. I've already tried removing unavailable locations, the rip quality is set to maximum, the Error Correction setting is on, the...
  3. WMP error when trying to rip a CD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMP error when trying to rip a CD: I'm trying to rip a relatively old CD, and for some reason, WMP returns the "Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD." error. I've already tried removing unavailable locations, the rip quality is set to maximum, the Error Correction setting is on, the...
  4. WMP CD ripping error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WMP CD ripping error: I was Just in the proses of Ripping Music CDs to Microsoft Windows Media Player just when windows scanned the problem but this happened, this error appeared. How can I fix this problem? Microsoft Windows Media Player from have errors all of the time?...
  5. WMP CD ripping error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMP CD ripping error: I was Just in the proses of Ripping Music CDs to Microsoft Windows Media Player just when windows scanned the problem but this happened, this error appeared. How can I fix this problem? Microsoft Windows Media Player from have errors all of the time?...
  6. WMP CD ripping error

7. ripping CD's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ripping CD's: When Im ripping CDs , I notice that when I check them out in my library in Albums, I get albums of other music I don't own nor care to...this pisses me off...I don't need music suggested to me to listen to...Other times Ill rip a single album, and then it shows it twice,...
  8. CD Ripping Errors

CD Ripping Errors: I have two DVD drives and one Blu-ray drive on my computer. The DVD drives can rip just fine to Windows Media Player, however the Blu-ray drive cannot. When clicking the RIP button, each track has errors. I feel like the problem is sporadic. Why does this happen and how can I...
  9. CD Ripping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CD Ripping: With Windows 10 If I have an audiobook CD in my optical drive how do I rip it to a folder on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-ripping/b92b283c-841f-49ea-9b9e-a1cb56cbba86"
  10. 3 CD Drives - Error When Ripping Simultaneously

in Windows 10 Support
    3 CD Drives - Error When Ripping Simultaneously: First of all, not sure where to post this, so I dropped it here. When I'm ripping CDs, I use Windows Media Player. Usually, I'll put a CD in each of my 3 CD drives and rip them all at once. It's been happening lately, but intermittently, when I attempt to rip the CD, every...