Windows 10: 3 day old laptop cannot be updated, is it safe to use?

Discus and support 3 day old laptop cannot be updated, is it safe to use? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Was just gifted a new Dell Inspiron 3180 with 32 gb emmc. I removed all the programs I could, but I cannot update Windows 10. Two calls to Dell and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JaKoe1960, May 2, 2019.

1. JaKoe1960 Win User

3 day old laptop cannot be updated, is it safe to use?

Was just gifted a new Dell Inspiron 3180 with 32 gb emmc. I removed all the programs I could, but I cannot update Windows 10. Two calls to Dell and basically my options are: 1) disable updates, and 2) reinstall latest version of Windows 10 via a flash drive for updates.

My concern with not updating at all is not having security if I do on-line banking or something? Will I need to be reinstalling Windows 10 in order to update the laptop every time there is an update? I really don't want to have to be setting up my computer every week or something?

I just ordered a 64 gb thumb drive for this laptop, but apparently that won't help?

So what am I supposed to do? Learn Linux?

:)

JaKoe1960, May 2, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

What to do with old laptop

If you actually read the thread it is a spare old laptop.

Nordic, May 2, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    Ever bought your company laptop ? (Leased laptop after 3 years)

That's laughable. I'd expect 20% off the day it was removed from the box and 10% depreciation each year. The lease company is trying to fleece you because they know the old laptops are gonna go to auction and fetch far, far less.

For a 3 year old laptop at £3000 new I'd expect to pay less than £1700.

RCoon, May 2, 2019
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, May 2, 2019
Thema:

1. 3 day old laptop cannot be updated, is it safe to use? - Similar Threads - old laptop cannot

2. 3 days old won't start stopcode unrecoverable error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 days old won't start stopcode unrecoverable error: 3 days old won't start stopcode unrecoverable error.I'm unable even to enter bios.Asus i7 Win11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3-days-old-wont-start-stopcode-unrecoverable-error/8b3dc83c-5352-4181-930c-7348564bb657
  3. 3 days old won't start stopcode unrecoverable error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 days old won't start stopcode unrecoverable error: 3 days old won't start stopcode unrecoverable error.I'm unable even to enter bios.Asus i7 Win11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3-days-old-wont-start-stopcode-unrecoverable-error/8b3dc83c-5352-4181-930c-7348564bb657
  4. BSOD: KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR Windows 10 Pro - 3 days old.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD: KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR Windows 10 Pro - 3 days old.: Windows 10 pro proving its only more problematic, this time from a complete shutdown.. usually when ive been away a while or 5 hours the pc gets a blue screen. Thits time being a KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR.dmp file:...
  5. BSOD: KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR Windows 10 Pro - 3 days old.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR Windows 10 Pro - 3 days old.: Windows 10 pro proving its only more problematic, this time from a complete shutdown.. usually when ive been away a while or 5 hours the pc gets a blue screen. Thits time being a KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR.dmp file:...
  6. Same Updates 3 Days Running

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Same Updates 3 Days Running: 2nd system is about a week old and for 3 consecutive days the same 388 updates keep showing up in the reliability monitor. Whats up with that? [img] Here is the update history: [img] SFC comes back OK and I've run Checkdisk with no errors. As far as I can tell there are...
  7. Same Updates 3 Days Running

in Windows 10 Support
    Same Updates 3 Days Running: 2nd system is about a week old and for 3 consecutive days the same 388 updates keep showing up in the reliability monitor. Whats up with that? [img] Here is the update history: [img] SFC comes back OK and I've run Checkdisk with no errors. As fgar as I can tel there are...
  8. 2 day old laptop - BSOD

2 day old laptop - BSOD: Hi, I'm now at my wits end and hoping someone can help. I am not tech savvy so apologies for the dumb wording and descriptions. Background: I work for a small Not for profit and we purchased a new HP laptop in the new year. About 4 months in, I was continuously getting a...
  9. Lenovo laptop 3 mnths old

Lenovo laptop 3 mnths old: Laptop suddenly started freezing randomly with loud noise from speakers while watching video streaming . Updated drivers etc . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-laptop-3-mnths-old/8474a57f-170a-4d32-9841-11b66f2e1906
  10. Cannot update 1709 to 1803 - old laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update 1709 to 1803 - old laptop: Hello. I am having big trouble trying to update an old Acer laptop (2GB RAM) which works perfectly fine under w10 v1709 If I run the setup.exe from installation media, I got an error on the boot phase. I deleted all partitions and tried to install it clean. I get a IRQL...