Windows 10: 3 DVD drives on the same bus

Discus and support 3 DVD drives on the same bus in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Windows 7 PC with 3 DVD drives. Imgburn shows them as connected to 3 different SATA busses: [2:0:0], [3:0:0], and [4:0:0]. After upgrading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Argentino, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Argentino Win User

3 DVD drives on the same bus

I have a Windows 7 PC with 3 DVD drives. Imgburn shows them as connected to 3 different SATA busses: [2:0:0], [3:0:0], and [4:0:0].

After upgrading to Windows 10, all of them ended up on the same bus, [2:0:0], like this:

3 DVD drives on the same bus [​IMG]

Why did that change? I tried connecting them on different SATA plugs, but they are always shown on that [2:0:0] bus. The thing is, I really need them to be on different busses, because of a particular requirement of a legacy application I use.

:)

Argentino, Jan 26, 2016

2. File history is backing up unchanged files

I have the same issue. The link provided - no help. SFC - checks okay.

My BU drive keeps filling up, set to BU every 6 hours and drive fills in 24 hours. The total file size being backed up 5Gb, the BU drive is 64 Gb.

LionelBooth, Jan 26, 2016
  3. Storage Space is Offline due to critical write failures - which drive is problematic?

Hi RWB,

The Target ID cannot be the SATA port number... it is 0 with several of my drives.

The Bus Number cannot be SATA port either, as my C drive and one of the media drives in the pool have the same Bus Number 0...

So I think I am back to square one, no way of knowing where this drive is plugged in!!

Any other ideas?

tx

Mark.

fredphoesh, Jan 26, 2016
  4. Argentino Win User

Things I tried:

- Replace default Microsoft SATA driver with ATI driver. It didn't solve anything.

- In BIOS settings, changed SATA type, from AHCI to Native IDE. It did kinda work, now they are shown in different busses, [0:1:0], [1:0:0] and [3:0:0]. But now I'm not using AHCI anymore, I don't like that solution.

Argentino, Jan 26, 2016
  5. fireberd Win User
    I don't know what problem you have. I have two drives on SATA0 and SATA1, the way they should be. I can burn to multiple drives at the same time with Nero (no other burning program that I've tried will burn to multiple drives at the same time).

Imgburn shows my two drives as "4:0:0" whatever that means.

fireberd, Jan 26, 2016
  6. Argentino Win User
    Thank you for your response. Is that on Windows 10 or Windows 7?

Argentino, Jan 26, 2016
  7. fireberd Win User
    That is Windows 10. I have a dual boot, Win 7/Win 10 and the drives work the same in Win 7 (and they worked the same when I had Windows 8/8.1).

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 3 DVD drives on the same bus - Similar Threads - DVD drives same

2. SATA drive showing as removable media, same bus number, different target ID

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SATA drive showing as removable media, same bus number, different target ID: Here are the two drives that use the same Bus Number, which is 0.The drive that is working fine is the one on the left bus number 0, target id 1The drive that isn't working is the one on the right bus number 0, target id 0Both drives are plugged in internally.Windows shows...
  3. SATA drive showing as removable media, same bus number, different target ID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA drive showing as removable media, same bus number, different target ID: Here are the two drives that use the same Bus Number, which is 0.The drive that is working fine is the one on the left bus number 0, target id 1The drive that isn't working is the one on the right bus number 0, target id 0Both drives are plugged in internally.Windows shows...
  4. 2 Hard drives With The Same Bus T.ID And Lun

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Hard drives With The Same Bus T.ID And Lun: Hello, I have two internal hard drives, but windows recognized one of them as an external so I went to follow the windows guide to fix it, but the bus number between the two hard drives is the same....
  5. 2 Hard drives With The Same Bus T.ID And Lun

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 Hard drives With The Same Bus T.ID And Lun: Hello, I have two internal hard drives, but windows recognized one of them as an external so I went to follow the windows guide to fix it, but the bus number between the two hard drives is the same....
  6. 2 Hard drives With The Same Bus T.ID And Lun

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. DVD drive

DVD drive: DVD no longer plays movies, it keeps asking to insert disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive/5709fd73-ed10-4786-922f-af9a7b620797
  8. do i have to have the same brand dvd drive?

do i have to have the same brand dvd drive?: since i broke my dvd drive im trying to buy a new one, but is it necessary to buy a dvd drive from the same brand? or do i just need the right size....
  9. Dvd drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dvd drive: I have a HP notebook 15ay082nr that I was given last October and the dvd drive worked, it just needed to be reset to default to delete previous owner info. Well I did that the same day I got it...and now i have a few issues but mainly it's my dvd drive. It wont open by...
  10. DVD drive

DVD drive: Sometimes when I insert something in my USB port(slot) my DVD drive will disappear and I have to reboot the computer to get it back. Anybody got any ideas of what's going on, so weird. 90142