Windows 10: 3 External Network Drives no longer connect to Windows 10 after upgrade to 1809

Discus and support 3 External Network Drives no longer connect to Windows 10 after upgrade to 1809 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to work through a problem. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 1809 and lost my 3 network drives in the process. I have tried to work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JKH 13H, Mar 29, 2019.

1. JKH 13H Win User

3 External Network Drives no longer connect to Windows 10 after upgrade to 1809

Hi,

I am trying to work through a problem. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 1809 and lost my 3 network drives in the process. I have tried to work through this with the drive manufacturer but have not been able to resolve the problem.

Each of the 3 drives had a mapped shortcut to access it. All of them generate a can't find error when I try to execute them. In the process of working through this with the drive manufacturer, we have confirmed that one of the drives is connected to the router. The other 2 are older models and not tested. Can anyone help?

:)

JKH 13H, Mar 29, 2019
  2. rob1618 Win User

Lost internet connection after upgrading to Windows 10.

after downloading windows 10, i had no internet wifi connections. tried almost everything from community.

I downloaded talent driver network software to an

external drive using another computer and then ran the set up on non internet computer. Wifi networks reappeared and I was able to get on the internet and download some apps but connects lost by the next day when turned on computer, Again unable to get
    on internet and network adapters not listed. Talent driver software no longer effective.

tried INFO GROUND(/) STEP 1. NO CHANGED...no connections listed.

thanks fo trying to help. Any other suggestions

rob1618, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Unable to access the external hard drive after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Alan,

As you are facing issues with accessing the external hard drive after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your devices?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access the drive?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Were you able to detect the device under Device Manager/ File Explorer?

Step 1: As a workaround, I suggest you to do the following to detect the issue:

• Connect the hard drive to different port and check if the issue persists.
    • Connect different hard drive to the same port and check.
    • Connect different hard drives to different ports and check.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Step 3: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with yellow exclamatory mark in the Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager
    • Right click on the detected driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 29, 2019
  4. 3 External Network Drives no longer connect to Windows 10 after upgrade to 1809

Windows 10 upgrade: can no longer connect to an external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the external monitor in Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

As you have tried most of the troubleshooting steps, let us know the following to assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you try to connect to the external display?
    • Were you able to see the light on the external monitor (Tuned on/ not)?
    • Is there any error message with this issue?

Step 1: As this may look very silly, I suggest you to check if the turned on or not, if it is on let us know the color of the light displayed.

Step 2: I suggest you to remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard and try to perform clean boot to check if there is any issue with the device and to avoid any third party software conflict.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot
    state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

3 External Network Drives no longer connect to Windows 10 after upgrade to 1809

1. 3 External Network Drives no longer connect to Windows 10 after upgrade to 1809 - Similar Threads - External Network Drives

2. Connecting External Hard Drive to Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting External Hard Drive to Network: I would like to have an external hard drivecontinuously connected to my home network. My router does not have a USB port and I do not have any PC that is connected 100% of the time to the home network. my PCs are running Win 11 Home editionIs there a hardware device I should...
  3. Connecting External Hard Drive to Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting External Hard Drive to Network: I would like to have an external hard drivecontinuously connected to my home network. My router does not have a USB port and I do not have any PC that is connected 100% of the time to the home network. my PCs are running Win 11 Home editionIs there a hardware device I should...
  4. No longer able to see network drive after Windows 10 1909 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No longer able to see network drive after Windows 10 1909 upgrade: Hello. I hope everyone is well in these troubling times. I have a wifi network that includes a hard drive linked via the router. Prior to the 1909 upgrade I could access this drive from the Windows laptops in the house. Now none of them can see it, yet alone access it....
  5. Overnight, 3 WiFi Printers No Longer Connect to Network

Overnight, 3 WiFi Printers No Longer Connect to Network: The symptom is as follows: checking "Devices," Printers Scanners", for one, the HP 110 Envy, I see "Attention Required." The printer is checked, found to be online, connected to the strongest WiFi signal in my home network, the same one the PC is connected to. I cycle power...
  6. USB 3 ports no longer support external hard drives after upgrading from Win 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB 3 ports no longer support external hard drives after upgrading from Win 7 to Windows 10: I used the free upgrade tool yesterday. I can use the drives in USB 2 ports, but nothing is recognized in USB 3. Theres nothing showing anywhere, 'MyPC' 'Device Manager' or even 'Disk Manager'. My keyboard and mouse can run from the USB 3 ports but not the drives? I've...
  7. USB External Drives (3 different types) no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB External Drives (3 different types) no longer working: Windows 10 x64 (up to date) here. MSI X570 Carbon Wifi Ryzen 3700X GTX 1080ti I have three different external USB drives which are suddenly no longer working. -1 WD My Book 2TB (keeps restarting, disconnects/reconnects as soon as you connect the USB) -1 SanDisk Extreme...
  8. After 1803 to 1809 upgrade, Windows Update no longer works

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After 1803 to 1809 upgrade, Windows Update no longer works: On Friday, I upgraded a VirtualBox VM 1803 Professional x64 to 1809. When the upgrade was complete, I ran Windows Update, but it errored out after a long delay with ERROR_TIMEOUT (0x800705b4). I have tried a clean boot and resetting the Windows Update components. That did...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Network Problems After 1809 Upgrade

Windows 10 Pro Network Problems After 1809 Upgrade: When I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 1803 I had problems accessing the 3 pcs on my home network. This was resolved by setting several services to automatic start, on all 3 pcs. After which I had a reliable, rock solid network. I've now upgraded to Windows 10 1809, and my...
  10. No network connection after windows 10 upgrade

No network connection after windows 10 upgrade: Hi, after upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10 I have no internet connection. From looking around various forums the problem is usually a VPN or anti virus issue so I have used the f secure removal tool to uninstall my anti virus and used revo uninstaller to remove...