Windows 10: 3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM

Discus and support 3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why does my laptop just take 3 GB of ram out of nothing when i have 8 GB ram whats the issue??? My friend said that i could have someone mining bitcoin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DnxY__, Jan 3, 2024.

1. DnxY__ Win User

3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM

Why does my laptop just take 3 GB of ram out of nothing when i have 8 GB ram whats the issue??? My friend said that i could have someone mining bitcoin on my laptop

:)

DnxY__, Jan 3, 2024

2. Windows not working with single channel 8 gb ram

Hi,

My name is Igor, it's a pleasure for me to help others and I'll do all my best to help you.

Is your 8 GB RAM listed in laptop's compatibility list? If not, please use another RAM model.

Igor Leyko, Jan 3, 2024
  3. 16 GB of Ram installed hardware hijacking 8 GB of it.

Hi and thank you for your reply. Yes I have tried that (I forgot to mention that): fitting both Rams into slots 1 and 3 and both back into slots 1 and 2. Then I tried putting both into slot 2 to see if they worked and they both worked. Now when i go into
    the BIOS, under memory, it says up at the top 8 GB of memory it is using I am thinking. Down to the right where it actually shows what is plugged into the slots where the ram is, it says: in one slot 8 GB and in the other 8 GB. So, to me it actually is registering
    the two ram sticks in the slots but is only using 8 GB of memory and that's why it is showing 8 GB in the BIOS? That's what I am hopefully thinking anyway. I am going to look up on my keyboard on how to take a screen shot of my bios so I can show you and get
    back to you. Does this sound right to you? Thanks!

TobachNigh, Jan 3, 2024
  4. 3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM

Windows recognizes all 8 GB of RAM

Hello,

Dear Sir / Madam, I have a Lenovo 8GB laptop and recognize only 5.91 RAM used. Please be sure to tell me what settings I need to take (steps) to recognize the 8 GB RAM as installed on my Lenovo laptop
    Wait for response!
    Thank you!
    A great day!

AdrianDragomir1, Jan 3, 2024
Thema:

3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM

1. 3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM - Similar Threads - Ram used nothing

2. 3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM: Why does my laptop just take 3 GB of ram out of nothing when i have 8 GB ram whats the issue??? My friend said that i could have someone mining bitcoin on my laptop...
  3. I have 8 GB Ram but I only 3.96 GB usable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 8 GB Ram but I only 3.96 GB usable: I set up new windows 10 pro . And then it's problem . I try msconfig option . But it doesn't work . Motherboard : H55M-S2V System Type x64-based PC BIOS Mode Legacy Installed Physical Memory RAM 8.00 GB Total Physical Memory 3.96 GB...
  4. hardware reserved 2.0 GB of the 8 GB ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hardware reserved 2.0 GB of the 8 GB ram: why my hardware reserved 2.0 GB ,how it decrease? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-reserved-20-gb-of-the-8-gb-ram/1d8f8c02-9ca3-4c1f-9fce-36123c120d46
  5. hardware reserved 2.0 GB of the 8 GB ram

hardware reserved 2.0 GB of the 8 GB ram: why my hardware reserved 2.0 GB ,how it decrease? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-reserved-20-gb-of-the-8-gb-ram/1d8f8c02-9ca3-4c1f-9fce-36123c120d46
  6. hardware reserved 2.0 GB of the 8 GB ram

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. 8 GB RAM, But 7.78 GB Unusable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    8 GB RAM, But 7.78 GB Unusable.: Hello, So I Wanted To Know if I Can Use My Unusable RAM, Or Not, Because I Have Lot's Of Work, And I Want To Use The Unusable RAM, is There any way how to do it?...
  8. 8 GB RAM, But 7.78 GB Unusable.

8 GB RAM, But 7.78 GB Unusable.: Hello, So I Wanted To Know if I Can Use My Unusable RAM, Or Not, Because I Have Lot's Of Work, And I Want To Use The Unusable RAM, is There any way how to do it?...
  9. I have 16 gb of ram but Its only using 8 gb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have 16 gb of ram but Its only using 8 gb: I had 8gb of RAM and decided to get another 8gb of RAM. After the installation I went on task manager > processes and it says I have 16 gb of memory, but below that it says memory usage 7.9 gb. Also at the bottom it says hardware reserved 8.1 gb and in all my games its says I...
  10. PC using 8 GB of ram when nothing is open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC using 8 GB of ram when nothing is open: I'm using windows 10 Pro 2004 edition, I have 16 gb of ram. Even when nothing is open, I am always using 8 GB of ram, how do I fix this. Please tell me if you need more information. Thanks in advance for the help! submitted by /u/Poll_astre [link] [comments]...