Windows 10: 3 General Questions about imaging, compression, and Hardware ID

Discus and support 3 General Questions about imaging, compression, and Hardware ID in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; 1. How do you actually re-image a computer using an image? Do you HAVE to have a system repair disc made? Are there any programs that make your images... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by sorrymargaret, Jun 22, 2019.

1. 3 General Questions about imaging, compression, and Hardware ID

1. How do you actually re-image a computer using an image? Do you HAVE to have a system repair disc made? Are there any programs that make your images into .iso files so you could boot from it somehow?

2. Is there any compression when creating a system image of Windows using the built in system imaging (Backup and Resto)

3. This question is a bit of a long shot, and a little off-topic. But, it used to be if you changed a piece of hardware from your computer, Windows might've read it as a different computer and you'd have to re-install Windows. Well someone told me about this way you could reset the 'hardware ID' (don't know what it would actually be called) of Windows and you wouldn't have that trouble anymore. I was wondering 1. How to do that and 2. Would doing that allow me to re-image Computer2 to be the same as Computer1?

:)

sorrymargaret, Jun 22, 2019
  2. jazpr1 Win User

generic roaming event id 3

I get 62 errors daily generic roaming event id 3. I can not find a fix

jazpr1, Jun 22, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Jun 22, 2019
  4. badjoy Win User

3 General Questions about imaging, compression, and Hardware ID

n73 and image compression level.

There is no way to set image quality in n73 (only image size).

Default image compression destroys otherwise good photos by JPG artifacts. Are there any alternative programs i could take photos with that would save images with less compression (better quality)? Or maybe someone already came with a hack to up the compression
    quality in firmware?

What point is there in putting good lens with high resolution when compression shreds image so you have to downsize it 2-3 times to get decent image quality?

badjoy, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

3 General Questions about imaging, compression, and Hardware ID

1. 3 General Questions about imaging, compression, and Hardware ID - Similar Threads - General Questions imaging

2. Some general questions about Bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some general questions about Bitlocker: Today I was told I should look into Bitlocker so I'm trying to determine if it fits my needs and can be implemented without too much pain. I currently have a 20GB VeraCrypt "container" on a NAS drive. A script commands VeraCrypt to mount this as a specific drive letter (which...
  3. Question about Image Backups.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Image Backups.: I backed up my GPT windows system drive to a MBR hard drive through the windows built in tool. I have to revert to this backup and it keeps failing. Would converting the MBR drive to GPT make the system image restore work? If not what should I do? I have already ran DSKCHK on...
  4. Question About Using Sysprep - Third-Party Software Inclusion Into Generalized Image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question About Using Sysprep - Third-Party Software Inclusion Into Generalized Image: Hello everyone, So I just found out about the software, Sysprep, which is used to create a generalized Windows image for deployment on multiple computers. I'd like to do this but the problem is with the third-party software I want to incorporate into the image. I desire...
  5. Question about bootable image

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about bootable image: Hey guys, I thought I'd turn here and ask you lovely gurus about this. I used to work in the IT department if a rather large Sandwich shop in Chicago that had done something that I am trying to replicate. Long story short, the way they would setup and distribute the company...
  6. Question about Compressed Files for school project

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about Compressed Files for school project: I need some advice here: I have a school project where I need to learn how to open read and write a compressed file to a directory on the computer> So, far I have got this far with my code. #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <iomanip> #include <ostream>...
  7. General question about ffmpeg

in Windows 10 Support
    General question about ffmpeg: Hello, I am just curious and could not find an answer, so I'll ask here, please. Have some multimedia programs (video and audio) all portables. Each one has "ffmpeg,exe" in its folder. But file sizes are different: 269 kb to 448 kb, and one even 34,334 kb. Recently downloaded...
  8. General non specific question on Disk Imaging.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    General non specific question on Disk Imaging.: Years ago when I first started using Acronis (back in Vista days), I always understood that once you restored a disk image from a set of either incrementals or differentials, that if you then attempted to carry on adding new backups to that existing chain that the next...
  9. Question about imaging

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question about imaging: Admittedly I am very lax on doing an image. I did a macrium one prob over a year ago and it took a long time to do my c: (SSD 400 gigs) and f: drive (mechanical HD 2 TB). Lack of spare time stops me doing it. My question is would you guys bother imaging your secondary drive....
  10. Question About General Drivers' Dates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question About General Drivers' Dates: Hello, so I've noticed this a long time ago, and it's stil the case. I'm just curious to why the majority of general drivers' dates in the Device Manager are dated as: 6/21/2006 Why so old? Why hasn't there been updates to those drivers ever (since 2006)? I'm just curious...