Windows 10: 3 Hard drives Showing Impossibly Large Secondary Partitions

Discus and support 3 Hard drives Showing Impossibly Large Secondary Partitions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So in the past couples days a couple drives have started to look like the drives in the picture. Those drives have a normal partition that is the right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by karak, Sep 14, 2019.

1. karak Win User

3 Hard drives Showing Impossibly Large Secondary Partitions

So in the past couples days a couple drives have started to look like the drives in the picture. Those drives have a normal partition that is the right size. Whats stranger is formatting the drivers doesn't fix them. I have moved them from internal Sata to Esata, to USB enclosures but they stay that way. I have tried to format them with Easus Partition software, windows software as well as minitool partition but none of them allow me to remove those partitions.

I also scanned all drives with various malware, ransomware, and virus scanning tools to verify it wasn't something more worrisome but nothing showed up.

3 Hard drives Showing Impossibly Large Secondary Partitions [​IMG]

:)

karak, Sep 14, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Luke.C 98 Win User
    Old Windows partitions on a secondary hard drive.

I have recently upgraded the old 5400rpm hard drive in a PC to an ssd. The old hard drive would then be re purposed as a secondary hard drive for mass storage. Under disk management I can't delete the old partitions on there, I was just wondering whether
    they could be deleted.

Thanks to anyone in advance!

Luke.C 98, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Dia01 Win User

Partition or multiple hard drives?

As the title suggests. Is it worth installing say a 36GB drive for the OS soley or partitioning an existing larger drive with either 2 or more partitions? I am currently running Vista 32bit and want to try out 64bit and am sick of reformatting the whole drive. Any suggestions?

Dia01, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

1. 3 Hard drives Showing Impossibly Large Secondary Partitions - Similar Threads - Hard drives Showing

2. 3 Harddrives Showing Impossibly Large Secondary Partitions

in Windows 10 Support
    3 Harddrives Showing Impossibly Large Secondary Partitions: So in the past couples days a couple drives have started to look like the drives in the picture. Those drives have a normal partition that is the right size. Whats stranger is formatting the drivers doesn't fix them. I have moved them from internal Sata to Esata, to USB...
  3. Secondary Hard Drive suddenly missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary Hard Drive suddenly missing: Set up: Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 520 Type 81BF Processor: Intel i7 8550u RAM: 16 GB Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce MX150 Hard Drive: 128 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD Software: Windows 10. OS is on SSD. Laptop running fine for over 1 year and suddenly when computer restarted HDD missing...
  4. Hard Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive Partition: I have a hard drive from an old laptop that I would like to create a virtual machine for on my current laptop. What would be the best process to partition the drive on my Windows 10 to do this?...
  5. Internal secondary hard drive not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal secondary hard drive not recognised: After fitting SSD (C: drive) to my Win10 machine I connected the old hard drive as a secondary storage drive. Win10 does not "see" it! But Belarc Adviser "sees" the hard drive! How to force Win 10 to recognise the secondary drive? Simple steps please for a non-techie....
  6. Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive: Hi! Bought a replacement secondary hard drive, but want to know best tool to clone it. My main drive is an SSD with Windows on, but I used Kari's tutorial to move the user folder on to a secondary hard drive, so just unsure on the best way to go to keep the User folder...
  7. partitioning hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    partitioning hard drive: hi all this is a question about GPT UEFI and LEGACY partitions if I install in legacy mode on a 1 TB drive with no partitions will my laptop run ok I dont understand why GPT gives 4 partitions and I dont understand UEFI please explain all 3 options. many thanks to all that...
  8. How to use secondary hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to use secondary hard drive?: Hi guys. First post here. I recently (two days ago as of this post) received my new PC. My primary hard drive has about 230GB of storage, whereas my secondary hard drive has roughly 980GB. I was wondering if someone could please help me and tell me how I can boot my new...
  9. partitioning hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    partitioning hard drive: While I had windows XP I partitioned my hard drive and had ubuntu running side-by-side with windows. When I tried that with windows Vista ubuntu wiped out everything and took over the whole drive. How can I partition my hard drive and install ubuntu without losing win 10?...
  10. Secondary Hard Drive D:\ Not Showing Up in Indexing Options Modify

in Windows 10 Support
    Secondary Hard Drive D:\ Not Showing Up in Indexing Options Modify: Hi, I've Googled all over and found some things about this but never an actual solution. I think it is permissions based. Here is the deal. Our organization branched off from another company and now are our own entity. They removed our computers from their domain and...