Windows 10: 3 Harddrives Showing Impossibly Large Secondary Partitions

Discus and support 3 Harddrives Showing Impossibly Large Secondary Partitions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So in the past couples days a couple drives have started to look like the drives in the picture. Those drives have a normal partition that is the right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by karak, Sep 14, 2019.

1. karak Win User

3 Harddrives Showing Impossibly Large Secondary Partitions

So in the past couples days a couple drives have started to look like the drives in the picture. Those drives have a normal partition that is the right size. Whats stranger is formatting the drivers doesn't fix them. I have moved them from internal Sata to Esata, to USB enclosures but they stay that way. I have tried to format them with Easus Partition software, windows software as well as minitool partition but none of them allow me to remove those partitions.

I also scanned all drives with various malware, ransomware, and virus scanning tools to verify it wasn't something more worrisome but nothing showed up.

3 Harddrives Showing Impossibly Large Secondary Partitions [​IMG]

:)

karak, Sep 14, 2019

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

3 Harddrives Showing Impossibly Large Secondary Partitions partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Arily Win User
    Secondary Harddrive Broke Need Serious Help!

with Recuva I picked I'm not sure because the drive letter was not showing up.

The other two programs you suggested didn't show the drive either...

I have the drive plugged in now...it's still making that noise but it will not show in the computer at all.

EDIT: This is what it shows

3 Harddrives Showing Impossibly Large Secondary Partitions [​IMG]

I literately need it to pop up for a few minutes just to get my pictures =\
    I'm so upset as it's not even showing up but it's getting power I can still hear it trying to spin...
    How could Error Checking and Repair completely wipe it out? I don't understand...I was able to access it perfectly fine until I did that.

Arily, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

1. 3 Harddrives Showing Impossibly Large Secondary Partitions - Similar Threads - Harddrives Showing Impossibly

2. How to undo a harddrive partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to undo a harddrive partition?: Hi all. My laptop is partitioned into a C and D drive. The C drive is now very low but the D drive has loads of space. I have tried to create unallocated space on the D drive to move to the C drive but this has not been possible. I think I may need to do a full reset, would...
  3. How to undo a harddrive partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to undo a harddrive partition?: Hi all. My laptop is partitioned into a C and D drive. The C drive is now very low but the D drive has loads of space. I have tried to create unallocated space on the D drive to move to the C drive but this has not been possible. I think I may need to do a full reset, would...
  4. extending a harddrive partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    extending a harddrive partition: i recently partitioned a drive on accident and wanted to delete the partition. all i get is greyed out. can anyone help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extending-a-harddrive-partition/d458fe6e-0515-4b20-bbc1-cc7dc98e0e9f
  5. Secondary HDD not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary HDD not showing: I got HP 15ay-543tu with windows 10 ver.1909 installed in it I istalled a new ssd with os in it to the main os boot space. And my older HDD as in DVD reader with caddy First few days it works fine, but suddenly it stopped showing in windows explorer, disk managment, device...
  6. Show new Files on Harddrive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Show new Files on Harddrive: Hi,My C: Drive is pretty full, and sometimes it's suddenly fuller. Is there a Way to find out, which files were added in the recent past, so I know why? submitted by /u/JACKTheHECK [link] [comments]...
  7. Onedrive download large files to external harddrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive download large files to external harddrive: I have to download >500 gb from the onedrive cloud to an external harddrive. I am only able to download 3.9 gb at a time. Is there any options to download large amounts of data?...
  8. 3 Hard drives Showing Impossibly Large Secondary Partitions

3 Hard drives Showing Impossibly Large Secondary Partitions: So in the past couples days a couple drives have started to look like the drives in the picture. Those drives have a normal partition that is the right size. Whats stranger is formatting the drivers doesn't fix them. I have moved them from internal Sata to Esata, to USB...
  9. Secondary Harddrive Broke Need Serious Help!

Secondary Harddrive Broke Need Serious Help!: Windows 10 64bit fully updated...I have a 256GB SSD and 1TB Hard Drive...The 256GB SSD has the OS while I use the Hard Drive for Storage and Games that take a lot of space. This morning I turned on my computer to hear a funny sound...Like the discs of the Hard Drive were...
  10. Problem exploring secondary harddrive.

Problem exploring secondary harddrive.: My pc is running windows 10 and I'm trying see files in another hdd that's running xp. I connected it as a slave just so I could see the files and collect and save what I needed to. when I go into storage and have a look It does show the hard drive and it does have the colour...