Windows 10: 3 installations with different hidden partitions layout

Discus and support 3 installations with different hidden partitions layout in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; so i have 3 laptops running windows 10 pro each were setup using a different build on purchase , they were later upgraded up till all reached windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Jul 22, 2019.

1. 3 installations with different hidden partitions layout

so i have 3 laptops running windows 10 pro each were setup using a different build on purchase , they were later upgraded up till all reached windows build 1903 , i just noticed that each have a different partition layout though .

one has no hidden partitions what so ever .
    another has one hidden partition called recovery .
    a third has three hidden partitions one called recovery , another called efi and a third called system that comes right after C: drive .

so i wonder if microsoft started adopting different recovery / boot techniques through out windows 10 life , and what am i risking being on each of these layouts and weather there are tools to upgrade the elder ones to most optimum partition layout.

thanks in advance .

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Jul 22, 2019
  2. cereberus Win User

Partition layout

Step 5 I gave said - delete all partitions!

I would reinstall. You should only end up with 3 visible partitions and 1 hidden partition.

cereberus, Jul 22, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Depth Win User

3 installations with different hidden partitions layout

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

3 installations with different hidden partitions layout

1. 3 installations with different hidden partitions layout - Similar Threads - installations different hidden

2. Difference between different partitions ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difference between different partitions ?: Need some answers. Please help.What is the difference between Physical and Logical partition in Windows ?Is it possible to create a Physical partition in laptops where the Windows is OEM installed , like HP laptops ?Why does the warranty void if a Physical partition created...
  3. Difference between different partitions ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difference between different partitions ?: Need some answers. Please help.What is the difference between Physical and Logical partition in Windows ?Is it possible to create a Physical partition in laptops where the Windows is OEM installed , like HP laptops ?Why does the warranty void if a Physical partition created...
  4. how to install windows again into partition 3?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to install windows again into partition 3?: im using a windows media creation file iso to fix a computer and I got to this screen:What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-windows-again-into-partition-3/ec9f33a2-1c88-45c8-b784-83d8401c5edb
  5. Hidden Partitions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hidden Partitions: I realize that certain partitions are hidden for good reason. But the problem I have is that when I do a full system backup twice a month, I open Macrium Reflect and it shows drive letters assigned to four different partitions. As you can see from the image below, the UEFI...
  6. Same pdf layout differ on different PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Same pdf layout differ on different PC: Sorry. Will post again after thoroughly checking 83099
  7. Partition layout

Partition layout: Hi guys Reinstalled Windows 10 on my new PC, then cloned the HDD to a new SSD and i wanted to check if the partiions and their layout is correct. Please see the photo attached and let me know if it's OK. Also, i'd like to create a recovery drive, should i have it on a...
  8. Hidden partitions after cloning

Hidden partitions after cloning: This is a computer I built several years ago (E6300). I have upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Pro. I have cloned the HDD to an SSD. (I eventually figured out how using Macrium Reflect. There was another D: partition for which I used Aomei Partition Assistant to...
  9. Install on a different partition

Install on a different partition: Hi, I have made the Windows 10 UPGRADE, and now I want to make a clean install but on a different partition, will it still recognize it as the same computer or will it ask for a new Product-Key? 52303
  10. Clean install UEFI only 3 partitions

Clean install UEFI only 3 partitions: hi all I have clean installed windows 10 in UEFI mode it showed 4 partitions but after install only shows 3 partitions in disc managment no MSR reserved partition why How do I know it is UEFI mode 15497