Windows 10: 3 Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working

Discus and support 3 Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone So i just encountered this problem I have a dell inspiron 3542 laptop the J,H,K letters stopped responding Last thing i remember... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by idreesabdulkarim, Jul 18, 2020.

1. 3 Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working

Hello everyone

So i just encountered this problem

I have a dell inspiron 3542 laptop

the J,H,K letters stopped responding

Last thing i remember is i had a blue screen when using SCP TOOLKIT to identify usb controllers.

The odd thing is when i press the J and K letters simultaneously it responds like i pressed f6

- i tried restarting the laptop

- i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Keyboard driver

- i tried running in safe mode

- i even disconnected the keyboare ribbon from its place and cleaned it and reconnected it

Still nothing changed

Help:

:)

idreesabdulkarim, Jul 18, 2020
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

random keyboard keys stop working?

i went out today and everything was fine, i come home and three random keys stopped working, maybe more i havent noticed yet. the three key on the left side of the keyboard not working, the left shift stopped working, and the enter key stopped working, but the one on the numpad works fine. no one was home to use it, nothing spilled on it, i tried it on another computer and same deal. im gonna go buy a new one tomorrow but it makes me sad cause i loved this keyboard lol, microsoft ergonomic 4000. ill probably buy the same exact one if its in stock tomorrow, this one lasted or 4 years about. im just confused why three random keys spread out stopped working at the same time...seems very weird

OrbitzXT, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Some Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working!

Hi there,

Some Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working on my laptop 2 days ago and I couldn't fix it and currently writing this post using on-screen keyboard.

I've tried the following and it didn't work:

• Troubleshooter.
    • Updating, uninstalling, drivers and even downloaded the default one from manufacturer's website.
    • Uninstalling latest windows update.
    The problem is not with the hardware I'm sure!

Also, it happens with windows login screen.

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite C55.

Windows version: Windows 10 Home 1803

OS build: 17134.90

Not working keys: (see image below)

3 Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working 3c884fce-77d8-4fa1-b0c5-783292dec4db?upload=true.png

I hope you help me fix this problem soon!

Thanks in advance.

Ahmed Elgameel, Jul 18, 2020
  4. 3 Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working

Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

3 Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working

1. 3 Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working - Similar Threads - Keyboard keys suddenly

2. my keyboard suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard suddenly stopped working.: My Keyboard suddenly stopped working, I have tried a few different things from reading on the internet. But i still cannot get it to work. The mouse works and the touch screen works...
  3. my keyboard suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my keyboard suddenly stopped working.: My Keyboard suddenly stopped working, I have tried a few different things from reading on the internet. But i still cannot get it to work. The mouse works and the touch screen works...
  4. Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly: This is kind of complicated, but I'm hoping someone has some insight.I have an All In One HP running Windows 10. Lately it's been doing some odd things -- gets unresponsive and requires a restart, which has always helped.Today the keyboard and mouse stopped working all of a...
  5. Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly: This is kind of complicated, but I'm hoping someone has some insight.I have an All In One HP running Windows 10. Lately it's been doing some odd things -- gets unresponsive and requires a restart, which has always helped.Today the keyboard and mouse stopped working all of a...
  6. Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Keyboard keys 1, 2, 3, 4 suddenly stopped working in windows 10 home version,

Keyboard keys 1, 2, 3, 4 suddenly stopped working in windows 10 home version,: Keyboard keys 1, 2, 3, 4 suddenly stopped working in windows 10 home version, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-1-2-3-4-suddenly-stopped-working-in/9cba3ab3-4e5c-45e1-b7cc-de0556035bee
  8. Some Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working!

Some Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working!: Hi there, Some Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working on my laptop 2 days ago and I couldn't fix it and currently writing this post using on-screen keyboard. I've tried the following and it didn't work: Troubleshooter. Updating, uninstalling, drivers and even downloaded...
  9. touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working

touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working: the touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working a few seconds after the computer starts. i did a system restore and it worked well for a few hours before it stopped working again. im not sure if this is because of the windows 10 updates. i mean, do i need to perform system...
  10. Multimedia keys on keyboard stop working suddenly...

Multimedia keys on keyboard stop working suddenly...: Hi guys, I am experiencing an annoying issue with Windows 10 and my Cherry keyboard (Cherry eVolution Stream Multimedia Keyboard G85-23000), especially with the multimedia keys. Upon a boot / reboot all the multimedia keys are working without issues: mute, volume...