Windows 10: 3 licenses of Windows 10 for the same machine?

Discus and support 3 licenses of Windows 10 for the same machine? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Ive replaced the motherboard on an x299 system twice... bad mobos. My 2nd license was purchased a week ago. The mobo went down. 9980xe. Not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SkyBry, Nov 6, 2019.

1. SkyBry Win User

3 licenses of Windows 10 for the same machine?

Ive replaced the motherboard on an x299 system twice... bad mobos.

My 2nd license was purchased a week ago. The mobo went down. 9980xe. Not overclocked but water cooled.

NOW Microsoft wants a 3rd license for the same computer. The last license is a week old. No key was given registering last week.

Tech support never called back or answered emails despite 2 hours on the phone.

We run a Forensic Lab. Given, we do have a lot of computers... but the 9980xe is a primary station because of core count for rendering.

I don’t want to have to shell put $600 in licensing - just because no one will answer.

So frustrating !

Bryan

www.USAForensic.com

:)

SkyBry, Nov 6, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

1. 3 licenses of Windows 10 for the same machine? - Similar Threads - licenses same machine

2. Can I dual-boot Win10/Win10 on the same machine with the same Windows License?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I dual-boot Win10/Win10 on the same machine with the same Windows License?: A few years ago I built a Ryzen 7 1700/Asus Rog mATX system. I decided to upgrade to a B550/Ryzen 5600X just swapping out the Motherboard/CPU and adding a new GEN4 m.2SSD. I want to dual-boot Win10/Win10, with my current system m.2 SSD, with all my software and clean Windows...
  3. Can I dual-boot Win10/Win10 on the same machine with the same Windows License?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I dual-boot Win10/Win10 on the same machine with the same Windows License?: A few years ago I built a Ryzen 7 1700/Asus Rog mATX system. I decided to upgrade to a B550/Ryzen 5600X just swapping out the Motherboard/CPU and adding a new GEN4 m.2SSD. I want to dual-boot Win10/Win10, with my current system m.2 SSD, with all my software and clean Windows...
  4. Can I dual-boot Win10/Win10 on the same machine with the same Windows License?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. license for virtual machine

license for virtual machine: I have a laptop with windows 10 pro installed/licensedI want to test some setups with docker, but do not want to break my private install/setup as I also use vmware and this is not compatible with dockerI downloaded the windows evaluation version virtual machine for vmware...
  6. Windows 10 Home License with multiple machines

Windows 10 Home License with multiple machines: Good day all! I have a Windows 10 Home digital license on my laptop. I went and checked and it says that it's linked to my Microsoft Account. I recently just bought a new PC, and I need to install Windows on it. My question is: if I log in with the same Microsoft...
  7. Virtual Machine windows 10 Pro licensing

Virtual Machine windows 10 Pro licensing: Hi, I have a server that is running hyper-v 2016 core and i would like to run a few windows 10 Pro virtual machines. Do i use the standard licensing or is there a different way of licensing the machines? We are using Office 365 for our user accounts so can assign other...
  8. Networking 3 Windows 10 machines

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking 3 Windows 10 machines: I am trying to network three Windows 10 computers; i.e., MomsLaptop - Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.720), DadsDesktop - Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.720), and DadsLaptop - Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.720). FYI... Before posting this request for assistance, I successfully...
  9. Windows 10 Home License with multiple machines

Windows 10 Home License with multiple machines: Good day all! I hope you are all well. I have a Windows 10 Home digital license which came from the free upgrade path from a retail version of Windows 7 Home. As far as I remember my Windows 7 Home license allowed the software to be installed on 3 different machines. I...
  10. Transferring Windows 10 license to virtual machine

Transferring Windows 10 license to virtual machine: Hello I've just built a server and set up a KVM hypervisor on it, and now I want to transfer a little-used mini PC with a Window 10 license to a VM. What implications are there? Can I just virtualize the machine and continue with the VM, since I have a licensed copy of...