Windows 10: 3 meg DL to 100 meg DL internet , browsers(s) STILL hesitate to load..

Discus and support 3 meg DL to 100 meg DL internet , browsers(s) STILL hesitate to load.. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; So I just switched from old ATT internet service at 3 meg download speed , 855kbs upload speed to a seemingly wicked fast 100 meg down and about 70 meg... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by guitz, Apr 21, 2018.

1. guitz Win User

3 meg DL to 100 meg DL internet , browsers(s) STILL hesitate to load..

So I just switched from old ATT internet service at 3 meg download speed , 855kbs upload speed to a seemingly wicked fast 100 meg down and about 70 meg upload speed service via their newly installed fiber run in my neighborhood (still Ethernet to the ATT modem however)....I thought I would be LOVING the increased speed that webpages load in the two browsers I use daily, Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome, but I was stunned to find there is this same , roughly 3-5 second hesitation before any page loads! 100 meg download speed I expected instantaneous page loading pretty much. I have increased the cache setting in MS Explorer from the default 250 meg to 1024 meg (it was suggested to try that on a web search.) Apparently settings set in MS Explorer also change Edge, but anyway, no change. There is still the same annoying delay that I don't even feel like my service, which I'm paying more for now, has really improved in web page loading speed. Where it has greatly improved though, is actually uploading or downloading things. Much faster. But webpage loading, no good still. Any ideas? I'm thinking about re-installing windows but keeping my user files ...this in in Windows 10, Edge and Chrome browser, intel i5 quad core at stock speed 2.66ghz, 16 meg DDR3 memory, C: drive is a 250 gig SSD. Modem is ATT's model # 5268 AC FXN gateway router/modem.

The issue FEELS like a possible local setting , in windows 10 maybe...I haven't tried emptying the cache yet, but in times past, that has only had a very mild effect. What had a drastic improvement, was always a fresh install of windows.

:)

guitz, Apr 21, 2018
  2. Minn Ron Win User

Error: 0xc1900200 with installing Anniversary Update on Windows 10

I solved it myself, but I don't know why what I did would have corrected the problem. I ran EaseUS Partition software and found the System reserved partition was 100 meg. I got the message that it was not large enough. I has an unallocated partition of 1
    meg right next to it so I used that 1 meg to expand the system reserved partition to 101 meg and it worked! After all the dust settled, the system reserved partition showed that I was using 82 meg and had 19 meg free so it should have worked without expanding
    the partition in the first place.

The computer still runs extremely slowly when trying to load a program. For example, Solitaire takes at least one to two minutes to load. Any ideas?

Minn Ron, Apr 21, 2018
  3. N97 Nokia Maps licence problem

go to nokia maps on phone browser and download N97 mini version, works perfect, will take about 10 meg of C up, but if you remove location sharing from installed apps you get 2 meg back and app still works great :smileywink:

Good Luck

carman58---01, Apr 21, 2018
  4. guitz Win User

I just tried using my bootable copy of Windows 10 that I burned to disc, to try re-installing only Windows and keeping my user data, and it started the process and about 15 seconds in gave this error message 'There was a problem refreshing your PC, No changes were made', without actually telling me what the problem WAS LOL. This harkens back to the legendary days of getting a single pop-up message from windows that simply said 'Error' lol. I guess a tier 2 or 3 Windows guy could check event logs to tell me why it does that, but honestly, I just want to get the infuriating web browsers to stop hesitating to load web pages...

UPDATE: I did get Windows 10 re-installed (while keeping my files) by using the feature already built into windows 10 , rather than using an .ISO disc. Don't know why I didn't think to try the easiest way first! Anway, that's up and working but the browser hesitation is still there even after a fresh install of Chrome....I wonder if it may be settings with my providers DNS server,etc...

guitz, Apr 21, 2018
Thema:

1. 3 meg DL to 100 meg DL internet , browsers(s) STILL hesitate to load.. - Similar Threads - meg 100 meg

2. no content on DL discs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no content on DL discs: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSD5 LV00 Hitachi DVD-Burner does not burn DL discs under Windows 11. It worked fine under Windows 10. The burn programm does its work in the usual way , but finally no content on the disk. Single layer discs no problem. No new drivers or firmware, working...
  3. no content on DL discs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no content on DL discs: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSD5 LV00 Hitachi DVD-Burner does not burn DL discs under Windows 11. It worked fine under Windows 10. The burn programm does its work in the usual way , but finally no content on the disk. Single layer discs no problem. No new drivers or firmware, working...
  4. Podcasts won't dl on iTunes

Podcasts won't dl on iTunes: Podcasts have stopped dl'ing to my pc. Worked for years prior to this week. Any ideas most appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/podcasts-wont-dl-on-itunes/09a7b2ae-73cd-4ccd-a24f-14525074f8fa
  5. msvcr100.dl missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    msvcr100.dl missing: I have a dell XPS 9300. i used to be able to download programs properly. however i got a virus and had to restore my laptop. now when i try to download application it says that MSVCR100.dl is missing. i have tried to install the driver and put it in the system 32 folder. i...
  6. DL speed drop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DL speed drop: I run an internet speed test, it says I'm getting 40 mbps. When I start downloading an update for a game. It drops to 3.5 mbps. I'm confused to why. Anyone know why or can help me out?...
  7. imaging a DVD-DL to a USB

imaging a DVD-DL to a USB: I have just been forced to buy a new PC. It does not come with a dvd drive. Is it possible to image some original software on DVD onto a memory stick or an SD-card of big enough size?...
  8. Error message MSVCP140.dl

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error message MSVCP140.dl: I am trying to install Adobe Photoshop elements 2020 but the installation fails with a message syaying MSVCP140.dll was not found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-msvcp140dl/df67a34b-16c9-40fe-87e6-30145aa27540
  9. DL FOR MOUSE RIGHT CLICK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DL FOR MOUSE RIGHT CLICK: LAST TWO DAYS FAQ DL INTO VEDIO FOR MY PRGRAME AND SAVE IT ON DESKTOP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dl-for-mouse-right-click/e4889b42-adb2-4bb8-937a-382204ec749d
  10. DL 2 Files for same DL "One Language" PLZ HELP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DL 2 Files for same DL "One Language" PLZ HELP: I went to dl win 10 using their media creation tool. I took english, 64 bit and one language since i figure i dont need to waste HD space on other languages (If there is any down side to doing that vs the regular version please let me know) and i got 2 different file sizes...