Windows 10: 3 monitor setups. Only 1 monitor fails to work for "Night Mode"

Discus and support 3 monitor setups. Only 1 monitor fails to work for "Night Mode" in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have three monitors for my setup. Asus VG278 (main) Asus VG248 Asus VG245 I'm dual booting Windows 7 X64 and Windows 10 Pro X64 (Version 1909, OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by appplejack007, Jan 30, 2020.

1. 3 monitor setups. Only 1 monitor fails to work for "Night Mode"

I have three monitors for my setup.
    Asus VG278 (main)
    Asus VG248
    Asus VG245

I'm dual booting Windows 7 X64 and Windows 10 Pro X64 (Version 1909, OS Build 18363.592).
    But the problem only applies to Windows 10.

I turn on the night mode on and night mode doesn't come on for the main monitor.
    I found a way to solve this problem temporarily in a rather tedious manner but it's not a viable solution.

What I have to do to make it work is to change the monitor refresh rate and then all of sudden the night mode works.
    This is very strange as I've never experienced this with Windows 7 by using Eyesaver app which has a similar effect as Night Mode on Windows 10.

So, I'm looking for a better way to fix this.

:)

appplejack007, Jan 30, 2020

2. Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 30, 2020
  4. 3 monitor setups. Only 1 monitor fails to work for "Night Mode"

How to setup 3 monitors in 1,2,3, order?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on start button and select control panel.

2. Click on Display.

3. Now select Change display settings in the left pane.

4. Under Change the appearance of your display section, you will find the three monitors. Drag and drop the

monitors in 1, 2, 3 order.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

3 monitor setups. Only 1 monitor fails to work for "Night Mode"

1. 3 monitor setups. Only 1 monitor fails to work for "Night Mode" - Similar Threads - monitor setups monitor

2. 3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1: Hi,I have Win 11 23H2 x64 running on:Ryzen 9 7900x3d, RTX 2080ti, 64gb DDR5 RamThe system operates on a 3 Monitor Setup all 144hz or higher.obviously i want to use my 3 monitors while gaming so I play on main monitor and additionally watch a stream or videos on second...
  3. 3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1: Hi,I have Win 11 23H2 x64 running on:Ryzen 9 7900x3d, RTX 2080ti, 64gb DDR5 RamThe system operates on a 3 Monitor Setup all 144hz or higher.obviously i want to use my 3 monitors while gaming so I play on main monitor and additionally watch a stream or videos on second...
  4. With 3 monitor setup, I no longer have the option to "show only on 1 or 2"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    With 3 monitor setup, I no longer have the option to "show only on 1 or 2": Prior to 2 days ago, I was using an LG CX 55" OLED TV plus an LG Ultragear monitor setup. The Ultragear is for gaming at my desk, while the OLED was strictly for gaming in bed. With that initial setup, I was able to disable the Ultragear when I wanted to game strictly on the...
  5. 3 Monitors Setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    3 Monitors Setup: How can I use 3 monitors 1 Dell Notebook and 2 Dell Monitors as extended screens using a VGA splitter? Could a Virtual Desktop Manager solve the Mirroring issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3-monitors-setup/49f92c7b-ec69-42d2-ad0e-bc90c2636c35
  6. 2 monitor setup. But 1 monitor won't fully go to stby mode.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2 monitor setup. But 1 monitor won't fully go to stby mode.: Hey gang, I got a new monitor and using my old one as a second monitor. The problem is that when Windows 10 activated stby mode. My new monitor won't fully go to sleep. The screen blacks out. But is still on. The Panel backlights a re still on and the power indicator is...
  7. 2 monitor setup. But 1 monitor won't fully go to stby mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    2 monitor setup. But 1 monitor won't fully go to stby mode.: Hey gang, I got a new monitor and using my old one as a second monitor. The problem is that when Windows 10 activated stby mode. My new monitor won't fully go to sleep. The screen blacks out. But is still on. The Panel backlights a re still on and the power indicator is...
  8. 3 Monitor Setup Questions

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    3 Monitor Setup Questions: Hey all. How would one connect 3 external monitors to the dell xps 15 9550? I currently have 2 monitors 24' 1920x1200 connected to my monitors. One is the hdmi to hdmi to a monitor, the other is the usb-c to display port on the other monitor. I also have a 3rd cable... usb-c...
  9. 3 Monitor Setup Lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    3 Monitor Setup Lagging: I have 3 monitors...2 are 240hz 1080p and one is 1080p 75hz I have a 2070 and 16 GB 2600mhz but whenever I put any media item like youtube or an mp4 file on the 75 hz monitor it will lag and pause and buffer...and when it lags, my whole computer lags. But when i put media on...
  10. Mouse ghosting on 1 of 3 monitors only

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse ghosting on 1 of 3 monitors only: Hi, my mouse has just started having a shadow underneath it , it is only on one of my 3 monitors, i was trying to fix my bad text in the "adjust the appearance and performance of windows" tab. After this i noticed the mouse problem, i have been into the mouse advanced...